Stop Forum Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you wants to assassinate those spammers before they get through to spam your site? I know I do. So here, I present you with a simple integration with Stop Forum Spam. As of right now, it is strictly on registration; but, I plan on integrating it with the Spam Arsenal Kier and Mike have developed. There are two main options to control functionality, both described inside of the "Spam Management" options group.

If a registrant fails, the data is never actually sent to the database, a registration error occurs.

Also, a huge shout out must go to Shadab for seriously helping me get the MVC setup down. Hopefully I can take this even further.

Revision Log
  • v1.0.1 - October 6th, 2010
    • Fixed! Fixes a small PHP error if the request times out. Shall now let a registrant into the forum without checking.
  • v1.0.0 - October 6th, 2010
    • Initial Release. :)
So, without further ado... I present v1.0.1.

Attachments

• Stop Forum Spam.zip
    10 KB · Views: 23

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Wow, very awesome and great work. I've updated your account to premium membership as a thank you. :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Very cool, thank you for keeping it up to date. Excellent work!

George G Halstead

OMG Member
Friends what do you consider the best overall settings for this add on which is surely needed. Great job and thank you.

zoldos

OMG Member
Sounds cool, but what exactly does this mod do? I currently use Captcha with question & answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.