Taking auto back ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi

OMG Member
How can I set auto back ups with xenforo ? It should take back up everyday & store on server...how ?

thanks in advance :)

avi

OMG Member
:angry:

Floris I am on old member !

and thanks for the link :)

avi

OMG Member
Okay, I checked it. Firstly I don't have SSH access & secondly the tutorial doesn't automate processes, one has to take back ups manually. waht to do ?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
age 21

Could have fooled me.

Ian_imported

OMG Member
What hosting platform are you using? There are loads of ways to set it up, even without SSH. Do you have any hosting control panel?

avi

OMG Member
Sorry for bumping an old thread, that too after a month.

I have cPanel with no SSH access. I can take back up using it, but I want to automate process. Like it should take back up & email to it me... Is it possible or am I asking too much ?

Thank you :)

Floris

Staff member
You can probably upload the shell file to the server, then tell cpanel to change it's permissions. And then tell cpanel to run a crontab for that file.

Perhaps you can this way run daily backups, without having to have shell access?

Floris

Staff member
Well, if your db goes over your mail quota per mail, it will bounce, filling up your servers's inbox.
I would recommend to just store the shell script outside your public html dir, and have a out of public html backups dir that you can access via ftp. And then just once a day or week download the backups and prune it's older content.

avi

OMG Member
Well half of the things you explained went over my head, but I will try to do & if I get any doubt then will ask here :)

avi

OMG Member
Will check that out. Thank you :D

and if I find any other methods then I will post it here :)

Floris

Staff member
^ psst, either a link or an image please, not both :) tnx watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.