[Template] XenFans.com Section-Jump Bar Tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
This template mod is quick and dirty and pretty static, so customize to your needs. :)

It adds a row of orange buttons to your board from where users can quickly jump to sub sections on the site.

I use it to have users interested in just the media, quickly jump to the media category.

Open the admin.php > appearance [tab] > templates > filter: PAGE_ > PAGE_CONTAINER template and find this code:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$showUpgradePendingNotice}">

And above it, on a new line, add the follow code, and then save the template.

HTML:
<div style="width: 625px; margin: 0 auto">
<div><a href="#wetalk.3" class="importantMessage wtnButton">Community</a></div>
<div><a href="#offtopic.141" class="importantMessage wtnButton">Offtopic</a></div>
<div><a href="#media.314" class="importantMessage wtnButton">Media</a></div>
<div><a href="#gaming-zone.73" class="importantMessage wtnButton">Gaming</a></div>
<div><a href="#tech-web.315" class="importantMessage wtnButton">Tech &amp; Web</a></div>
<div><a href="http://wetalknation.net/categories/vbulletin.158/" class="importantMessage wtnButton">vBulletin</a></div>
<div><a href="http://wetalknation.net/forums/marketplace/" class="importantMessage wtnButton">Marketplace</a></div>
</div><div style="clear:both"></div>

Also make sure you are using this CSS class :) (I've put mine in breadcrumb.css or public.css)

CSS:
.wtnButton {
	text-align: center;
	float: left;
	display: block;
margin-right: 6px;
margin-left: 6px;
padding-left: 9px;
padding-right: 9px;
}

Test it, and go back, change it to the links and sections you have for your site.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I thought a screenshot might help for those people who see this and have no clue what it does :)

2010-10-31-13h11_48.png

Joe_imported

OMG Member
Thanks very much for this tutorial, just added to my site and it looks great. Would be nice if the box highlighted (same as the reply buttons) when hovering over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.