The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 6)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Oh boy, here we go again.. Winter 2023, well, .. it is January 2024.

Picking up a fresh new thread with boring things like "I really have to clean / tidy this, .. " Feel free to participate.

Part 1, October 2020 (first thread)

Part 2, May 2021 (second thread)

Part 3, November 2021 (third thread)

Part 4, June 2022 (fourth thread)

Part 5, May 2023 (last thread)

Part 6, January 2024 (this thread)

Okay, this is more a personal entry than a 'hey look at this stuff' thread, sorry to bore you yet again. I just wanted a way to hold myself accountable and mainly to let me keep track of what I was trying to do today.

I once said: "Who knows, maybe this turns into a thing that we can keep going once or twice a year." And I cannot believe it's been yet another year. Since October 2020 we've started helping each other and doing daily tasks little and large. And I think it's clearly showing. We feel better about ourselves and our homes. It is crazy what we've achieved. Thumbs up to everybody who made any progress.

To all the lurkers, feel free to ask for an account or log in and participate. I see your DM msgs saying you've worked and read this thread, feel free to join in and say hi. Even if you do one thing a month, that's still 12 things a year. And I think twelve is a bigger number than zero. Don't feel shy to share your struggles with cleaning, ask questions. We're all here supporting each other and learning.

So, let's get started. Whattah we gonna tidy, clean, organize, prepare, and think about .. what are we going to achieve today?

POST BELOW what you might do today, cleaning a kitchen? Vacuum the hallway? Tidying up the bedroom? It sounds boring, but indulge me and leave a reply, please. And if you have any questions let's discuss it.

Also, please let me know if you listen to any music, videos, podcasts, have the tv on, or whatever. What's your cleaning routine or equipment preferences, or what do you like or hate to do?

Floris

Staff member
Those who lurk these threads, come participate, I know you're watching :D

Those who participate, thank you for not being shy and sharing some things that help you get organized more, spend more time cleaning and tidying, and to work on a habit that helps you long-term.

All these threads, as silly as they might appear, really really REALLY help me personally - A LOT.

January 1st, 2024:

- I've gathered up the trash again; I have a full bag that needs to be taken downstairs.

- I have a new empty bag ready for more trash. It's time to review what's left in the fridge after Christmas – items I know I can't or won't eat anymore.

- I've gathered up the dishes.

- I've gathered up the laundry.

- I've instructed the robot vacuum to clean the living room and the kitchen.

- I've turned on a podcast on the speakers while cleaning some plates in the kitchen.

- I've made a mental note that some kitchen equipment needs to be sold, given away, or thrown out.

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
Update for today.

- Soaking cutlery
- Finished most pots and pans
- Finished all plates
- Finished all cups and mugs
- Finished all glasses

- Quick cleaning of the sinks in the bathroom and toiletroom. I will have to scrub, rinse and flush in about 15 minutes.

Next for today and tomorrow is to tidy the livingroom.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've managed to put the rubbish in the bin and do some washing up. That's it for today!

Floris

Staff member
I've managed to put the rubbish in the bin and do some washing up. That's it for today!
That's a good first day of the year start, let's do something again on the second, and we're on our way.

Update:

- I've scrubbed and rinsed out the sinks and flushed the toilet a few times. They still both need proper cleaning, but this is a good start to get it clean enough for now.

- Full trash bags were thrown out downstairs, but I already have a new one.

- Fridge inspected, few things picked out that I needed to throw out.

The kitchen surface area is kind of wiped down, the grim look is gone at least.

- Cutlery has soaked a few times, it's less terrible now and easier to clean.

- Pots and pans done, just made dinner since so I yet again have to do a few.

Will pick up tidying up on the 2nd of January again. Focus will be the livingroom again, and the kitchen.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Back to work today, so want to put a load of washing on before that.

Floris

Staff member
Back to work today, so want to put a load of washing on before that.
Today's washing day for me as well.

Jan 2nd update:

- Made more dishes, because who doesn't love doing dishes.

- Threw all the trash out.

- Swiffered the floor a little bit in the livingroom so it's better than the other day.

- Rinsed the cutlery and started scrubbing the ones that were the toughest to clean.

- Tidied some area in the kitchen so it's less messy.

- Started a laundry.

- Folded 25% of the towels and getting ready for a shower.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well Abbs is at school but I don't know how long for as she didn't feel great this morning. So;

Coffee
Washing up
Clothes washing
Abbs room - plates, rubbish, imac
Pay rent and bills sort out
Dinner

Floris

Staff member
Well Abbs is at school but I don't know how long for as she didn't feel great this morning. So;

Coffee
Washing up
Clothes washing
Abbs room - plates, rubbish, imac
Pay rent and bills sort out
Dinner
- New year, I have to check if the bill for rent is the same or has changed. I do not want to fall behind. Thanks for the reminder.

- Bed sheet covers are in the washing machine.

- Cleaned a few more things in the kitchen area

- Vacuumed the floor

- Dishes; everything, except yet again, forks and knives.. slowly getting closer to 100%

Floris

Staff member
- Finished dishes.

- Laundry done for today, it's in the dryer now.

- Properly cleaned the sink in the bathroom.

Edit:

- Dryer finished, and I've sorted out the bedroom.

- Moved things around in the livingroom as I need space here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
- I've had to do some dishes for what I've used.

- Did a first quick wipe over the stove. But for tomorrow I won't stress and just close it and put the clean pots on top, haha out of sight out of mind.

- Did another run of laundry, it's done. And now in the dryer, which should be done in 5 minutes.

- Made the bed, a bit better. And I have flipped over the top mattress - no wait, i rotated it 180 degrees, so i have a firmer top layer

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Changed bedding last night, and washed it this morning. Took the little Christmas tree down, in box now ready to go under the bed.

Floris

Staff member
- This morning I had the time to further finish how the living room and stuff look, so I sloooowly went through it. As a distraction for myself a little. While still trying to not stress out, and avoid building up anxiety.

The haircut lady will be here in a few minutes, in half an hour she will be gone and I will have had a quick shower. I can then relax until 3:30 pm when groceries get delivered, which is also a quick visit. Then I am free and can start the laundry again. I have more bedroom stuff to wash.

Floris

Staff member
Took the recycling out this morning.
Och, that reminds me, I have a box full of glass I still need to dump at the store. I will ask the grocery ppl later if they take these alongside the plastic bottles they always take. Otherwise, I will bike to the local thing at the store tomorrow.

- The kitchen was tidied and cleaned after she left.

- The living room floor is done again, as there's a layer of hair on it now haha.

- I've run the air purifier for a while. And just now aired out the apartment.

- The laundry has been gathered up again for a run tonight.

- And I have slowly prepared the fridge for the onslaught of groceries that will arrive in an hour (post-christmas restock)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Rubbish out
Recycling out
Food waste out
Clothes washing in machine
1st part of washing up done (one into soak and will have more once Abbs room is done)
Shopping ordered

Floris

Staff member
- Dryer is done.

- Collected all the dishes, not doing them, I am going to bed soon.

- Gathered up things from the floors that needed to be put in their proper place, or thrown out.

- Gathered up some trash to throw out, but not full bin bag yet, so the rest will have to wait until after tonights' dinner.

- Made some pasta, got more dishes, ugh. Will do them when I wake up. But I rinsed it off, and letting it soak.

- Cleaned the toilet a bit better. So 2nd run done, will do the walls another day.

- Tidied things up in the bathroom.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Got lots to do as G visiting at some point over next couple of days :(
Oh well, hopefully good for Abbs.

Floris

Staff member
Didn't clean much except what I used, so I didn't get more clean things. But, I took a break..

Tomorrow I have to pick up cleaning again.

Floris

Staff member
- First run of laundry has started.

- Tidied up the bathroom

- Organized things in the toilet room a little

- Cleaned the floor in the toilet room because i realized there's dust and spider webs near the floor in the back.

- Gathered up all the dishes so i could get started on that

I made some food for a few days, and now eating that and made chicken dinner for tomorrow

- Threw a full bag of trash out

- Moved things in the livingroom around a little bit

- Figured out the coffee beans situation, and refilled some storage boxes so i use up old beans first.

- Figured out in the fridge what has to get thrown out

- Watered the plants again.

Edit:

- Laundry done, it's in the dryer now.

- I've gathered up more trash and empty boxes to throw out.

- Told the little vacuum robot to go vacuum the kitchen and the livingroom.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well done @Floris

Today I've got to get a wash load on
washing up
plates out of abbs room
all rubbish out including upstairs
dinners

Floris

Staff member
I tried to sleep longer, I end up feeling more worse. I think I might take it easy and take some pills and go back to bed.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Lots to do this weekend. I want to do my room and a quick tidy in Abbs room. Plus tidy up downstairs today.