The Diabetic (type 2) Diet!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So my Abbs Dad has been diagnosed with Diabetes type 2 Tuesday last week. We are trying to get the hang of this new diet and lifestyle but it is hard work. I don't know where we'd be without the wonders of the internet! So far what we have found out is low carb, low sugar, low sweetener and low fat. Sigh. It must be really tough for new diabetics. I remember being lactose intolerant for 10 years, that was not what I call fun. SO I can appreciate how tough the change is. I am helping because I have to feed him a few times a week when he is here to see Abbs and he is also a friend so yer I'm doing lots of research myself. So after all that waffle my point is that to a certain extent I'll be on the diet too (at least part time)so I am hoping to lose some weight as well as be healthier. I am at risk of diabetes myself due to weight so it really won't hurt.

Are you diabetic or do you have a close friend/relative that is? How do they cope? How did they adjust at first?

So far it is a crash course as the normal blood sugar levels should be between 4 to 6 but his came in at 27! On Friday night they hit 33 so obviously hospital visit's happened and calls were made. Any advice welcome. SO far I'm using DiabetesUK and reading a lot of food labels. The sugar levels change so much between brands too it is ridiculous. So yer, help welcome!!!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey Nix, I am sorry to hear that he has this now and that his life obviously changes because of it. I wish you all the best and yes. while he deals with it, you learn from it and can improve your life for you and your little kid. It's a good motivator for me myself to be more careful.

I've got someone who had a spontaneous life change because of it as well and asked her if she wants to perhaps sign up and share her experience. It's up to her of course.

Reactions: Nix