The iPad Pro Pro

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Nope, the title isn't a typo.
The iPad Pro is a great computer replacement for everybody that I know that has an old system that is being used to gather up malware and viruses, and spread their personal info. While all they do is some basic photo sharing, browsing and social networking.

No pro usage.

The iPad is a great alternative, and if they do desire a bit more, to start using their system a bit more without having to pay $50 for every app they wish to try. The $1 and $5 apps on iPad Pro with a Pencil is a great and pretty safe and privacy aware machine that covers that user base.

No pro usage though.

And that's where I come in. Hello Apple, I would love to use the file system, run my services and daemons on it. Have a device like an Apple TV sitting there for extra storage and running 24/7 and just use the iPad ProPro as an interface to it. I have Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop that I wish to use for some serious stuff. Can I use the iPad to run virtual box with Windows 10, or play CoD with my buddies online? Nope..

It's not a PC (personal computer) replacement. I need a server, I need a workstation. It's why I have the Mac Pro server (from 2006) and the iMac (from 2009) and why I am not buying the iPad Pro super mega big version. Because it's not the iPad ProPro.

At least Windows answered the question with their pretty shitty but at the same time pretty good laptop-touch-screen-tablet-laptop. You have a full fledged Windows machine (so they claim) and you take off the screen and walk away, and it's a tablet. How well that works is another discussion. I have my reasons not to buy it. Okay, I have ten.

But if Apple would have a brick at home that gives me a workstation or turns my iPad Pro into an iPad ProPro, yes pls. I will pay $1500 for that..

If I wish to pay more, I'd get the Macbook Pro, or their iMac.