The more we can see...

Jardo

OMG Member
A few decades ago you would have been hard pressed to find a group of people who believed in other universes and alien beings and so on, but now it's rare to find someone who doesn't. The more we advance technologically the more we learn about our universe.

Does this knowledge strengthen or weaken your belief in 'God'?

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
I don't believe in God.. never have, for as long as I can remember. Not the christian or any other mainstream religion perception of god anyway.

I'm more inclined to go with the Egyptian, Norse, Celtic gods of old.. at least they're consistent in what they do / did :D

Jardo

OMG Member
I hear you, Azhria. But you know god doesn't have to be some dude in the sky with a beard. It just has to be something that is bigger than you.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
All joking aside. A fear of death results in the need for people to believe there is something after death. Death is the one guarantee in your life and a lot of people are not able to accept that it is possibly the end of your existence. Belief in God gives many people something to hold on to (and, unfortunately, gives many others validation and reason to be shitty about things ;) ).

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
One thing I can't stand is that people are convincing themselves that the earth is flat. It's where I draw the line.