The "non-politically correct" stuff

Vloop

Patron
Sometimes I stop and pay close attention to some things I like and ask myself: Would this be considered politically incorrect or threatening in some way in the world we live in today?
Here is a light example of what can be considered "the stalker's theme" :D

View: https://youtu.be/OMOGaugKpzs

Is there something considered politically incorrect, sexist or threatening you like a bit?

If you are not comfortable sharing something, you don't need to. The inner thought is already good enough.

There is a lot of things I like that would be considered wrong for many people nowadays, the point in all this is to ask myself: Would I be capable of losing my humanity to do something wrong? I believe many people nowadays would, because the rational thinking is becoming absent in the minds of the new humans.

(Sorry for the language trying to sound classic.)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The funny thing is, if she was a famous singer and it was her song, she would be praised as a empowering woman. And not considered a creeper stalker themed song.

The political correct stuff is ignored by me, because people act out of self interest. They only care and get upset about topics that affect them, not the world in general. I just see it as a nice song, i don't care if a guy or a chick sings it. And it's super hard to play on the guitar (finger position is very wide and requires space for open ringing tones), and that's how I approach the song. That it sounds like he's standing outside looking in, so to speak .. doesn't bother me one bit.

I get more upset about certain genres of song saying how they're fuckin bitches until they rip their baby daddy's stitches .. and nonsense like that. But when I say that, i get jumped on by yet another group of people who just claim i dont understand their struggle or something. lol, whatever! music is simple for me: i like it, i listen to it, i dont like it, i dont listen to it.

The politics behind it i leave to people who can't fall asleep because they feel personally bothered by it, instead of just chosing to not listen to it.. i sleep just fine knowing bitches rip some stitches .. i just choose to not invest my money into paying for a license to listen to that particular song. My money goes to what i like, instead.

People are too bothered about everything these days, they read into things and overthink it. Even if the singer would literally explain the song isn't about being a perv, they wouldn't listen and still hammer on it. They're not worth my time ;)

But you make a good point. And i dont think you're one of those type of ppl that i dislike that hammer on "we should ban this song or forge them to boycott it, etc" ..