The only reality tv I watch : Survivor

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Season 34 just started, and I have to admit. I hate reality tv, it's all so fake, it's all about the drama and it teaches young people how not to behave in public. Blargh, I really don't like it.

Anyway, there is one guilty pleasure: Survivor.

When I saw the first episode on tv when I lived with my parents, I was like "omg, stupid reality tv, gtfo", but I got this buddy of mine called Randy who kept watching it. And I was like: how on earth can you watch that! Boy, did he show me wrong.

I got sucked in, watched s20 or something, and then ok ok, I will watch s19 as well..
and a few weeks later I went through 18 17 16 .. finished s20, and then started on s21. And again.. 10 9 8 .. I went through it all and kept watching it. And now we are already on s34.

What is wrong with me!

But I like it a lot. It has a few really good episodes every season, and a few crappy ones. I think some seasons are obviously a lot better than others. But, I still have to watch it. Sigh. (yay).

Anyway, episode 1 is a two hour one, and some familiar faces will be on the screen, and I can't wait to find out if this season has some twists, some extra fun moments, and great episodes. And I just hope it won't disappoint because s33 was really fun.

Don't get me wrong. I think Game of Thrones s1 was better, and it can't match up against Breaking Bad or Dexter, but... I enjoy it.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Never gotten into Survivor. I used to watch Big Brother but that went to poo years ago. Now it's all about the talent shows for me.

Floris

Staff member
Episode 1 was pretty cool, i enjoyed it. Can't wait to get the next one.

Floris

Staff member
The second episode wasn't a double episode, but it had a nice twist in it. And the "next week on.." actually showed another twist.

WHY Do I Like This Nonsense?

Anyway, looking forward to watching this season. I was worried it might disappoint, but so far I enjoyed watching it.

Floris

Staff member
We are at episode 4, and episode 3 came with a few surprises. The voting round made NO sense what so ever. haha. But that kind of added to the excitement of figuring out where this might go. Holy moly how silly that this is still fun.

[edit] Episode 4 was not as exciting as 3, but sure was fun :p

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
Oooh, so much new stuff and switching things around in episode 5.

Okay, if you ever watch Survivor and got bored with it. Last season and this season turn out to be a kick under the butt and a step up, enough stuff going on.

I am hooked. Episode 6, where are you!

Floris

Staff member
Ahhhh I love survivor !
Go watch the previous season, then this one. It will suck you back in - and don't tell me you don't have time, because I know you just finished watching Mythbusters :p

Floris

Staff member
Today was a double episode basically. Episode 7 lasted an extra hour.

All sorts of stuff happening, some of it things I honestly don't care about.
Episode 6 was unlike the rest due to something that happened during voting.
And episode 7 went back into the game, twice, two rewards, two tribal councils, two immunity challenges, and all that sorta stuff. Debbie (ugh) got to use her advantage (shouldn't have).
After episode 5 being so good, episode 6 simply wasn't. Not what I wanted. But whatever, 7 with an extra long episode made up for it haha.

Still watching it!

Floris

Staff member
Caught up to episode 11, it has two tribals and the second one was CRAAAZZZY AF!
That was savage. I can't wait for the season finale next week (and it's a double episode) and I probably skip the reunion after it, that never gets me hot and bothered.