The Worst Book You Ever Read

JG2247

OMG Member
When I typed out my title to this post, I had a book immediately come to mind. Back in college I had to read Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury for my American Lit class. I despised that book. I found it incredibly difficult to read and I just could not understand it. Reading it was torture to me.
What is the worst book you've ever read?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hi there, so nice of you to post. I like this topic! Because when I was listening last year to a podcast the guys on it got really excited about Hide and Seek by James Patterson. And when I just happen to saw the book lying somewhere I decided to get it and dive into it. Maybe it just wasn't for me. But I found the character building kinda cliche and the book overall kind of boring. The plot twist wasn't worth reading up to and did not do the job to grab my interest. I had a hard time finding motivation to finish the book. Maybe I went in with too many expectations, especially after that podcast. But usually I am on the same page as them and enjoy their recommendations. This one really was a disappointing experience.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I found Harry Potter slow. The first book of Fifty Shades, good and the last I still haven't finished as again slow and boring and desperate.

Floris

Staff member
50 shades, don't you want that to go slow :D

oh wait you said harry potter

KilljoyDivine

OMG Member
I read all 3 50 Shades books, but I was in a pretty awful relationship at the time, and there's that. :P

I couldn't get 12 pages past the first Twilight book. I kept losing my place because I couldn't stop rolling my eyes, and the writing was just ugh. There was another one that was really blinkin' awful but it was so bad I can't even remember what it was. Some of the things I've tried to read by small publishing house writers are a little rough too. But, it's always someone's jam, so, I don't feel too bad that I can't finish something.

Floris

Staff member
I read all 3 50 Shades books, but I was in a pretty awful relationship at the time, and there's that. :P

I couldn't get 12 pages past the first Twilight book. I kept losing my place because I couldn't stop rolling my eyes, and the writing was just ugh. There was another one that was really blinkin' awful but it was so bad I can't even remember what it was. Some of the things I've tried to read by small publishing house writers are a little rough too. But, it's always someone's jam, so, I don't feel too bad that I can't finish something.

If I am not in the right mood, every book is a bad book. yep