ThisOldMan greets everyone with a hearty hello

How old are you?

• Total voters

ThisOldMan

OMG Member
After wandering around this lonely planet for more than half a century, ThisOldMan has finally launched into cyberspace. Wish me luck.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
After wandering around this lonely planet for more than half a century, ThisOldMan has finally launched into cyberspace. Wish me luck.

It's never too late to join the cyberspace :D

There's like 3 main things you gotta do to be up-to-date these days:
  1. Listen to DubStep
  2. Watch many Youtube Video's (e.g. RayWilliamJohnson etc)
  3. Join Facebook and be active on it :D
That's what most people do at the internet these days (Well, kids my age :P)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the community. You have found XF....very good start hehe :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member

Hey! =D

Welcome to the site, and thank you for signing up. It's never too late to join cyberspace, even if the old AOL cdrom doesn't work anymore.

Floris

Staff member
With ConstCont it is always tough to find active writers, and knowing what content is still valid for today. It was nice running into your article and realizing it is just that. And then to find you on the site here. If you have a web page you desire us to link to in the article please do let me know.

ThisOldMan

OMG Member
That's very kind of you, Floris. Actually, your sale is the very first that I made through CC. Of course, it is not the first time I made money writing in cyberspace. You can see some of my articles in mosthauntedcastles.com and moviestarpets.com. No byline though but I would like to think that my style of writing is discernible.

btw I would like to celebrate by writing an article for you F.O.C. What would you like me to write about and what length would you prefer? No charge, really. It's just my way of saying 'Thank you'.

Floris

Staff member
Wow, talk about being generous.

Well, we're about community software, especially XenForo, but we also focus on building a community, managing it, what can one do with forums, and how to operate it behind closed curtains.

If you have a few ideas, feel free to poke me in a private msg, and I can say which one might be more suitable for our site.

I have no problem giving you full credits in the published thread.

ThisOldMan

OMG Member
Another WoW addict?! That's great. Now I won't be wandering around these parts like a lonely cloud anymore. I used to be active on a WoW gamers forum but it was so full of obnoxious kids, or old men masquerading as obnoxious kids :p, that it became quite a grind to separate the grain from the chaff, so to say.

btw just got an idea for an article. It's about How to Increase Your Post Count Without Being Banned for Trolling. In the article I intend to put in my personal experience about posting on forums. Things like, say, how I made 200 forum posts in 24 hours without being banned or called out for trolling.

What do you think?

Steven Moore

OMG Member
That would be an interesting article as long as it involves content that stays on topic. LOL

I've been playing WoW since vanilla, probably say around 6 months after vanilla was released. Now I have an 85 of every class but warrior and hunter which I'm working on both of those right now. I avoid all WoW gamer forums as they are usually ran by kids which is very annoying as they have no idea how to run a forum.

Floris

Staff member
Another WoW addict?! That's great. Now I won't be wandering around these parts like a lonely cloud anymore. I used to be active on a WoW gamers forum but it was so full of obnoxious kids, or old men masquerading as obnoxious kids :p, that it became quite a grind to separate the grain from the chaff, so to say.

btw just got an idea for an article. It's about How to Increase Your Post Count Without Being Banned for Trolling. In the article I intend to put in my personal experience about posting on forums. Things like, say, how I made 200 forum posts in 24 hours without being banned or called out for trolling.

What do you think?

That's great. Feel free to publish it in our forums, or submit it via My avatar > start a personal conversation > and then we will publish it with your credits.

It's very awesome that you're donating an article to our community. Our members will enjoy it.

ThisOldMan

OMG Member
I take it then that there's unanimous support for the production of this article. I will start work on it pronto. Is anyone here a member of the webhostingtalk forum? I am a member there under the username 'ThisOldMan'.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
I take it then that there's unanimous support for the production of this article. I will start work on it pronto. Is anyone here a member of the webhostingtalk forum? I am a member there under the username 'ThisOldMan'.
Used to be but IMHO they are biased there so I don't go there anymore.

Floris

Staff member
Yeah, I am on WHT site, and one of my friends is a team member there; =D Tyler.

ThisOldMan

OMG Member
I see. The reason I am asking is that I have this notion of promoting Xenforo via WHT. They do have a lot of visitors. Besides, there is no such animal as bad publicity. Handled properly, even the worst criticism can be turned to our advantage. What do you think?

Floris

Staff member
We are not XenForo.com, but we do support the idea of having people discuss xenforo, I don't see a problem with that. Especially when the discussion is within the forum rules of that community.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
So? How do you like DubStep?

I'll give ya three gotta-know dubstep songs :)

I doubt you will like it though :P
I challenge everyone in here listening to it and telling me what you think :)

CurveGotti

OMG Member
Welcome to the site ThisOldMan and cyber space. I am sure you will enjoy your trip, as you've undoubtedly noticed already most of the people around here are quite friendly.