[Walkthrough] admin.php Admin Control Panel (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
After receiving a few requests for a admin area walk through I thought it would be nice to just sit down and load a browser, record my screen and click on buttons until I believe I've exhausted the options. Of course, if you watch this and would like something (with audio) demonstrated please request it. I have no problem making this and publishing it on this site. XenFans has a fresh install area51 ready for screencasting purposes.

Admin.php video walkthrough (no audio) - Hosted by vimeo:

Basically I just opened the admin.php - logged in - and searched for a user, went through the tabs, then showed the normal path of finding a user. Followed by showing other elements from that user tab. Followed by going through the other tabs. I showed off the permission system a little bit and how certain actions behave. And walked through all the tabs/features and clicked around and made a few basic demo steps - it's all very simple, smooth and easy to use.

-Alex-

OMG Member
Wow - Thank you for taking the time to create this video, Floris. Despite it having no sound, it was easy to follow thanks to HD viewing. The ACP looks extremely easy to use. I like how they took ideas from other software and made it much easier to find and use what you need for when you need it.

The only question I do have, is that if you delete a section like you did in the first third of the screencast, and it has threads and posts in it, will it give you a warning stating that you're about to delete material and not just the section label?

avi

OMG Member
Thanks for this video.. !

With audio, would be great explaining little about each sections :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
We have a video scheduled for early 2012 where we introduce the admin control panel of 1.1

The Pet Board

OMG Member
Very nice, video helps explain complicated processes easier than reading a paragraph of text!

Status
Not open for further replies.