What are your 5 rules of travelling?

SaadAkbar

OMG Member
1. Keep printed copies of all tickets and accommodations
2. Always carry a bag for all documents plus laptop.
3. Don’t keep all cash+cards in a pocket or wallet. Divide and keep them into two different places so if one is lost. I should not be helpless.
4. Carry a book
5. Carry Snacks and chocolates

Last edited:

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Always have at least a change of undies in your hand luggage, preferably a complete outfit change in case of an unexpected stop over.

Reactions: Nix

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
And I think if you go to a country where the water quality is different that it is no harm to have one or two of those filtering pills with you. If you ever get stranded it might be nice to risk drinking to survive, knowing you have something to fight of parasites.

JustSayingHiToday

OMG Member
Travel light is the mantra. Our travel will be comfortable if we carry less luggage. I always keep my valuables, ticket, ID etc in a belted pouch which I can carry on my person. For short travels, I always carry my water and snacks. I usually don't read unless it is air travel. I try to enjoy the scenic beauty of the terrain be it train travel or car travel.

roflthings

OMG Member
Whenever I travel to a new place, I do a complete research on the internet about it.
I make sure to carry essential medications with me.
Except for some memorabilia, I don't really shop for anything in the new place.
I take loads of pictures......that's something I cannot resist :)

PostFun2021

OMG Member
I make sure my travel documents are up to date. This will include my passport, tickets, Hotel booking details and other relevant documents.
I make sure to call the hotel at the destination in advance regarding my arrival and try to arrange airport pickup by the hotel itself.
I always try to make it very early to the airport. I am more comfortable this way than rushing things.
Whenever I get time, I try to learn about the destination, especially places of interest, convenience of travel, and few phrases of local language which might come useful.

ChatGurl99x

OMG Member
I am not very meticulous in my travel plans. As soon as I feel I need to take off, I just pack my bags and go away. So no strict rules ...... just a carefree bird in flight:):)

AliyaSohaib

OMG Member
1. Remember why i am travelling
2. Keep all things related to that journey
3. Keep spare dress and footwear
4. Snacks, water
5. Purse filled with money ,cards and all necessary products including makeup

Floris

Staff member
Whenever I travel to a new place, I do a complete research on the internet about it.
I make sure to carry essential medications with me.
Except for some memorabilia, I don't really shop for anything in the new place.
I take loads of pictures......that's something I cannot resist :)
I always say I would do this, but then I totally do not research it. I am so bad at this. But I should do it !

JaCkper

Epic
Patron
Team
1.- Yisus
2.- pls
3.- take
4.- the
5.- wheel

:angel:

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Research including Google Maps and TripAdvisor
Pack well - spare undies and wash stuff in hand luggage!
Charge up devices and take chargers
Double check all travel arrangements and paperwork/tickets etc
Take pictures - loads of them

Floris

Staff member
Oh wow, TripAdvisor, I forgot they existed.

My tip would be: bring as little as possible. If you want 5 shirts, 2 is fine. You can always buy a new one locally or wash it.