What are your goals for 2023?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Debt free is important. And so are undies.

Floris

Staff member
Step 1, go back on my bike.
If these stupid health issues would cut down by 50% it would be so much easier.

Floris

Staff member
Get flat organised.
I ended up just making sure my phone has the notes app ready .. so when I am ni the bedroom and think 'ugh, I need to organize the closet', I just wrote it in the app without reading the other stuff again.

Over time I have a pretty nice list of 5 minute things that I can do, and they all lead to more things like 'ugh, that closet probably needs to get dusted off too' . . . just write it down. Having it written down makes it a long term memory, and harder to forget, but it's written down - so you can not stress about it, it's there to be found again.

And throughout the year the closets will get dusted off, clothes organized, bedroom done again, etc - and by December you can look back and go 'holy smokes, I made huge progress', and then 'doing it all again', is 50% less, because there's less hygiene cleaning to do first, and dust is less, and things are still somewhat organized.. you will make even more progress.

I've really noticed just writing down 50 things as tiny as a task as they are, helped me organize, it gave me overview. and doing 5 little things in a week that take 5 minutes to do, makes it very manageable.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm well beyond organise a closet, I can't even get to it!

• Haha
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
I'm well beyond organise a closet, I can't even get to it!
oh boy. Do it in three steps? create room, organize what room you've created, then repeat for closet :P

Floris

Staff member
I will have to read this thread and the one from previous years, previous goals.. to remember what I want. It seems to always change.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Get a shed for the allotment. They cost around £300 new, but I keep looking for a secondhand one

Floris

Staff member
I keep adjusting my goals, but after some family chats and taking the time to think, I feel this is normal. Life changes, and I change, and that's a result of working on goals and myself.

I am in the messy period where I have to figure out who I am now, and what I want to be moving forward. And to fight stress, find happiness, and all that, I just have to go through it all and process things, learn and adjust.

My goals is to let go of the little things that still give me stress, and work on planning for bigger things to help me fight stress. And enjoy the little moments in between. In a way I feel I've always done that, but it's more in my face lately as I realise the difference between decades in my life and the last few years, etc.

My goal right now is to enjoy this Summer, let go of worries about money, and focus on being there for myself, more than for others. So I can be there for others in the future again. While enjoying the company of my inner circle.

• Love

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I keep adjusting my goals, but after some family chats and taking the time to think, I feel this is normal. Life changes, and I change, and that's a result of working on goals and myself.

I am in the messy period where I have to figure out who I am now, and what I want to be moving forward. And to fight stress, find happiness, and all that, I just have to go through it all and process things, learn and adjust.

My goals is to let go of the little things that still give me stress, and work on planning for bigger things to help me fight stress. And enjoy the little moments in between. In a way I feel I've always done that, but it's more in my face lately as I realise the difference between decades in my life and the last few years, etc.

My goal right now is to enjoy this Summer, let go of worries about money, and focus on being there for myself, more than for others. So I can be there for others in the future again. While enjoying the company of my inner circle.
I think this is an epic epiphany to have... I think as you get older you realise what is more important too.... for me its;

My sanity
My happiness
My close friends and family

This has a knock on effect to Abbs who is my world.

I'm becoming more fussy with those I hold close and what I expect from them. Some have dropped from the on high position and are held at a controlled distance, while others I know need more of my time and I'm working on that. I need to have people around me in my life that are NOT damaging me in ANY way. So yeah.... epiphanies are a good thing as you are learning more about yourself. At the moment I'm breaking and fighting for my sanity.... so hopefully I have the strength to put all this into practise lol!!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Get the credit card paid off again, had a mental health dip and over spent again, so now I have to start focusing on getting that cleared once more.

Floris

Staff member
Get the credit card paid off again, had a mental health dip and over spent again, so now I have to start focusing on getting that cleared once more.
Hopefully it's nothing too serious.. i had a friend in the USA that had to tell their parents they racked up 50k in debt on a card. they got on a spending frenzy to deal with depression and kept thinking their job would cover the diff.. scary how quickly it can add up.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Hopefully it's nothing too serious.. i had a friend in the USA that had to tell their parents they racked up 50k in debt on a card. they got on a spending frenzy to deal with depression and kept thinking their job would cover the diff.. scary how quickly it can add up.
I bought a Nintendo switch! So yeah it's about £500ish, with other things I've bought

Floris

Staff member
This week has been rather tough mentally for me, the more I think about the future and the plans of what I want, the options I might have and get, .. I keep running into the same old 'but because of my eyes...', and I hit a wall. I don't know how to solve that, and so I keep running into lying awake with thoughts I can't control which puts me in a bad mood, negative thoughts, etc.

Floris

Staff member
Going through my goals, slowly. And it feels like I am not making progress, but I am getting there. I know I am - baby steps.

I do better this year than last year, and I hope next year is going to be an enjoying of all the steps I took this year.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Trying to figure out how much of cruise and credit card I can pay off this year. I was hoping to have both paid fully, but that's very unlikely now. I'll focus on the card, but try and get the monthly cruise payments down as well. I have roughly the same amount on each.

Floris

Staff member
Baby steps have been taken to realise some things about myself and moving forward as well as enjoying life. The overwhelming period is kinda over and moving forward still has the focus, now it's a matter of staying grounded and slowly start prepping for what I want out of 2024, so I can look back and go 'yeah, that all kinda worked, .. instead of imploding .. let's make 2024 even better'.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
The rest of 2023 needs to change. I've had my breakdown now to get back to it.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Planned spends for 2023

Things I'd like to save up to get:

Electric toothbrush - mine dies far too quickly now
Larger cat scratching post, he's outgrown the ones he has
Laptop - more of a want than a need as I rarely actually use it these days
Excursions for cruise
Jeans - hoping for a gift card or two from my brother for Christmas for these
Looking at this list, still need a new toothbrush and laptop.
I did get a new cat scratching post and jeans, however those jeans didn't last long and were recently binned.
I did book an excursion as well.
So overall not too bad, but I need new jeans!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
The rest of 2023 needs to change. I've had my breakdown now to get back to it.
Well it went to shit this week so the rest of the year and going forward will be very different

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Need to really focus on losing the weight, got 11 months to my cruise, and the goal by then is 16lbs gone, ideally more but that's the minimum I want to lose before I go.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I completely overspent this month on Christmas, so it's unlikely I'll be able to fully pay off the credit card next month. I need to put the money back into my savings as my car insurance is due in January. I will see if I can do it after Christmas as my dad usually gives me cash for Christmas.