What do you prefer?

Eliza

OMG Member
Hey guys! I'm an avid reader, reading just about anything that I can get my hands on. I've noticed however that I spend a lot of my time reading eBooks instead of print copies. I mostly do this because it's much easier to download free kindle eBooks from Amazon. What about you? Digital or Print?

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
I enjoy both! Its nice to curl up in bed with a print copy and then when I am on the go, so much nicer to just pull it up on my phone. Then I do not have to worry about losing that print copy; it is all just on the phone.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
I love physical books, but these days I mostly read ebooks simply because they take up less space than physical books.

ThingOne

OMG Member
Ever since I was young I've always loved reading and although I have a massive library of digital books, I still prefer the feel and the smell of physical books to digital ones. I do find myself reading e-books more, though, because it's so much more convenient when you're on the go.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I really like physical books. But bad eyes and tech means that i can control brightness. Background colo. font size etc. i can read longer that way. So i guess ebooks for me. But i kinda prefer old fashioned physical books to hold

Eliza

OMG Member
I enjoy both! Its nice to curl up in bed with a print copy and then when I am on the go, so much nicer to just pull it up on my phone. Then I do not have to worry about losing that print copy; it is all just on the phone.
I know what you mean when you say it's nice to pull up books on your phone when you're out, I think that's definitely one of the reasons I love ebooks so much.
I love physical books, but these days I mostly read eBooks simply because they take up less space than physical books.
I agree, my bookshelf has no room left for any other books, because of how much space the other ones already take up. At this point they're all stacked up on top of each other.

Eliza

OMG Member
Ever since I was young I've always loved reading and although I have a massive library of digital books, I still prefer the feel and the smell of physical books to digital ones. I do find myself reading e-books more, though, because it's so much more convenient when you're on the go.
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who likes to smell books.

I know what you mean when you say it's nice to pull up books on your phone when you're out, I think that's definitely one of the reasons I love ebooks so much.

I agree, my bookshelf has no room left for any other books, because of how much space the other ones already take up. At this point they're all stacked up on top of each other.
The text and screen feature is definitely a bonus when it comes to eBook.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My kindle is old style, so I can changed the font size, but that about it with it!

I prefer paperbacks, and yes I do tend to have a book on me often these days, if I finish that book I will read on my kindle app, but so far this year I've only read 2 books on the kindle compared to around 15 paperbacks. I can hire kindle books at the library but you have to have their app for it, and I coudn't be bothered trying it, whereas hiring paperbacks is easy