Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

What do you think about the prospects for global satellite internet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TommyJo, Feb 10, 2021.

1. TommyJo

TommyJo OMG Member

British satellite operator OneWeb, competing with the Starlink global Internet project from Elon Musk, managed to avoid bankruptcy, which was directly mentioned in the spring of 2020. The company managed to attract an additional $ 400 million from investors to launch more than 500 satellites, and the total investment for the year amounted to $ 1.4 billion.
    Of course, these are only two projects, but they might inspire someone else to create a similar structure.
    Do you see a real opportunity for people to get affordable internet anywhere in the world in the next 10 years?

2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Crazy numbers.

But a new internet without these big companies, and with reasonable speed for everybody. I wouldn't say no to that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice