What I do to make going to a concert super awesome

CrayCray

OMG Member
Here is what I do to make my experience of going to a live concert an experience I will never forget. Hopefully these tips help you too!

Getting to a concert early is a great idea and something you should consider. If the show is general admission, being there early will give you enough time to find the perfect spot on the floor. If you happen to be late, it may be difficult to find a good view of the stage and the band. Also, if you come early, you can get a good spot for the opener that will come and play before the main show.

Wear clothes that you will be comfortable rocking out in. The ground level tends to get a little hot, especially at a high energy show. Be sure to check your coat and or bag at the venue before finding a spot on the floor. You don't want to be sweating like crazy or bumping people with your backpack during the show.

Try to get a friend to tag along with you. Going to shows with friends is simply the best. You can introduce them to some new music (and friends)! Sometimes it's a little lonely when you don't have a buddy to rock out with.

Come prepared to see a show. Be sure to listen to a lot of the songs by the group or the band. That way when they play a tune, you will be able to figure out what song it is and be able to enjoy it even more. Don't forget that the band will play a lot of songs, they all won't be their biggest hits!

The most important tip to going to a concert is enjoying yourself. Don't be afraid to jam out and let loose! No one will judge you at the show because everyone there wants to have a good time. (And avoid arguments, you don't want to end up in a fight over nothing with a potentially drunk concert goer)

I usually have an excellent time, which concerts have you been to?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I haven't gone to a concert in ages! Many many years ago I went to Metallica and I went to Pink pop once. Or wait, was it park pop? I don't even remember.

I thought I was smart leaving my jacket and home and going with a backpack. But then it rained and I was too cold, and my backpack kept bumping into people.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
God, I love concerts. Been years since I last went to one though. Thankfully my daughter (who's 14) has the same taste in music as me and she's asking to go to a few concerts this year, so hopefully I'll be taking her to them. I've seen quite a few though.

Aerosmith - 3 times
Metallica
Guns N Roses
AC/DC
Status Quo
Kiss
Megadeth
REM
Iron Maiden
Deep Purple
Paul Rodgers
Dogs D'Amour
Motorhead
WASP
Del Amitri
Hothouse Flowers

There are more, but I haven't had coffee yet and can't remember :D

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
The best one was NiN at the O2, my brother and I had a box to ourselves, that was an awesome experience. Then Metallica's big day out in Milton Keynes was amazing. Also seen;
Korn
Kiss
Sisters of Mercy
Sepultura
Ozzy O
Megadeth
Fear Factory
Type O negative
Dog Eat Dog
Placebo
Marylin Manson
Disturbed
That's all I can think of at the moment.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
Then Metallica's big day out in Milton Keynes was amazing
Was that the "Nowhere left to Roam" tour - with The Almighty, Megadeath, Diamond Head? If so, I was there!

Ooh yeah, I saw Kiss when they came back with their makeup on..... and Slipknot before they were famous. They did a Stairways Gig under some bizarro name (I don't remember what it was lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
I have gone to a few concerts so far!

Country Star Rodney Atkins
Disturbed
Breaking Benjamin
Trans Siberian Orchestra(twice!)

I had the most fun at these concerts when friends were brought along! Bring a light coat, store phone and cash in pockets and start hjamming! No need for backpacks when you're there to see the performers really :) Minimal stuff need!

Floris

Staff member
You went to Disturbed? ... <jealous>

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
:heart_eyes:Yes! It was amazing. Was so awesome to see them live!

Floris

Staff member
:heart_eyes:Yes! It was amazing. Was so awesome to see them live!
Oh wait, I have a picture that you gave me from a concert, I just checked. It says "disturbed!".. now it makes sense. haha

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Was that the "Nowhere left to Roam" tour - with The Almighty, Megadeath, Diamond Head? If so, I was there!

Ooh yeah, I saw Kiss when they came back with their makeup on..... and Slipknot before they were famous. They did a Stairways Gig under some bizarro name (I don't remember what it was lol)

Was with Marylin Manson and he left stage in a hissy fit....

CrayCray

OMG Member
Wow, some great feedback from everybody. Thanks! Keep these posts coming.