What's happened with the Macbook (Non-Pro)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
I can't see the MacBook (Non-Pro) in the Apple Online Store anymore.

Have they discontinued it or what's happened? :(

EDIT: Okay, they appear to have discontinued it, but I still think it's worth a discussion :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The macbook Air basically is going to take over the pro range in 2012, and with the current air out, it's making no sense to invest in the white one. It's outdated, and I think Apple wants to move forward, and that includes discontinueing outdated lines. Such as the white macbook.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
The macbook Air basically is going to take over the pro range in 2012, and with the current air out, it's making no sense to invest in the white one. It's outdated, and I think Apple wants to move forward, and that includes discontinueing outdated lines. Such as the white macbook.

Yes that's all true, but I miss the Macbook's Price :P
The Macbook was the only 1000€ MAC in Belgium, now it doesn't exist anymore (Well, not new of course).

Floris

Staff member
The macbook air is 799 euro, right?

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
I do find it bull**** that the iPhone costs €599 (8gb) in Holland and that it costs €639 in Belgium...

Floris

Staff member
Ask the EU why there's a difference .. there shouldn't be
Wasn't there a Euro because that way bread in italy didn't cost 15 euro, compared to 5 euro in holland? ..

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Ask the EU why there's a difference .. there shouldn't be
Wasn't there a Euro because that way bread in italy didn't cost 15 euro, compared to 5 euro in holland? ..

Well, I guess it is because the Apple Products going to Belgium are Shipped from Holland and well, we need to pay a little bit extra for "Free Shipping". And probably Belgium has laid some kind of weird tax...

Status
Not open for further replies.