Which pets do you (or did you ever) own?

Which pets do you currently own

• Cat(s)

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Dog(s)

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Guinea Pig(s), rabbit(s), hamster(s) or rat(s)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Fish(es)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Bird(s)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Reptiles

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Sheep, goat, cow(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Yolanda_oth

OMG Member
Hi everyone,

I really enjoy being a pet owner, and I am currently the proud owner of 5 cats.

Does anyone have pets and if so please share a pet story with us :-)

The story I would like to share is that I have a blind cat that can manage himself very well.

When he wants to know where we are he keeps meowing till we answer, and then finds his way to us by tracking down our voices.

We don't have a big apartment and cats have great hearing, so it's easy for him. He maneuvers around the house fairly easy, and he is

able to chase and play with the other cats. I'm so proud of him that he is doing this well!

What cute, fun, sad, scary or plain story do you have for us?

Last edited by a moderator:

kate23

OMG Member
I own a lot of pets, nearly all the categories on the poll. I love animals so much, I enjoy caring for them and playing with them and buying them toys and things.

I'm the proud owner of 10 cats! Cats are so sweet and funny. I have a new stray kitten that adopted us (came to our door and cried and cried) that is the sweetest thing.

There are many animals I hope to own in my lifetime, but at some point in the nearish future I'd like to own a chihuahua, an african pygmy hedgehog, and chickens.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I have a dog called Max.

YdparXD

Marietta

Comes and Goes.
Maybe the poll can be edited so we can pick more than one?

I've had quite a lot of pets (though really, they become family pets after a while). Dogs mainly. Then fish, rabbits, hamsters, mice and birds. I had a chick and duck that I had won as prizes too. I'd love to have a sheep... =D

EDIT: Turtles, and fortune lobsters!

Speaking of cats though, for like the past week maybe, I've been feeding one that passes by the back of our house every night. She meows a lot so I know when she's there. It's cute. :3

Yolanda_oth

OMG Member
Maybe the poll can be edited so we can pick more than one?

I've had quite a lot of pets (though really, they become family pets after a while). Dogs mainly. Then fish, rabbits, hamsters, mice and birds. I had a chick and duck that I had won as prizes too. I'd love to have a sheep... =D

EDIT: Turtles, and fortune lobsters!

Speaking of cats though, for like the past week maybe, I've been feeding one that passes by the back of our house every night. She meows a lot so I know when she's there. It's cute. :3

Thanks everyone for your replies!

@ Kate23, that's a lot of cats! It must be very cosy and cuddly around your house. It's so nice to hear you have been able to give a stray kitten a good home as well.

I really admire and appreciate that in people.

@ Mikey, Max looks like a big sweet heart :-) What breed is he, if any in particular?

@ Marietta, I'll see if I'm able to change the poll. It didn't occur to me that there might be an option to choose more than one.

EDIT: done! You can now choose multiple answers! :-)

Penguin Soup

OMG Member
Hi all,

Currently I have 2 dogs.

A Border Collie named Burtie and a Shar-pei Crossed with a Chinese crested powder puff (That's a real dog seriously).

I also have 3 cats. Well, They belong to the wife.

Here is a picture of my dog, Burtie.

/monthly_06_2011/post-582-0-99846400-1308073176_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of one of our cats.

/monthly_06_2011/post-582-0-21216800-1308073227_thumb.jpg

- PS

/monthly_06_2011/post-582-0-99846400-1308073176_thumb.jpg

/monthly_06_2011/post-582-0-21216800-1308073227_thumb.jpg

Uchiha Madara

九尾の妖狐
Unfortunately, I'm not a pet lover and my mum is mortally terrified of any animal :(

So, I own no pets.

thiefraccoon

OMG Member
My neighbors got two bunnies! They are SO adorable! One is completely white, and other is completely white too except with a patch of black over one of its eyes.

I'm very much considering getting bunnies myself :D

Marcus

OMG Member
I currently own a cat but in the past I've owned three other dogs, another cat, half a dozen fish and a couple of snakes. Generally speaking its nice to have a pets around to keep you company and play with.

Oh, I've got rabbits too if you count the four or five that set up shop in my backyard. They dug a hole under the foundation of the house and are using it as a den. I nearly ran one over mowing the yard a couple of days ago.

kate23

OMG Member
@ Kate23, that's a lot of cats! It must be very cosy and cuddly around your house. It's so nice to hear you have been able to give a stray kitten a good home as well.

I really admire and appreciate that in people.

Thanks! Yes, its awesome having so many cats. I never would have thought my family would have so many but we've had many strays adopt us and they're easy to fall in love with. I imagine 10 is the limit though!

This is a pic of Hermione, the new stray kitten. She's 5 months now according to the vet. EDIT: Sorry, I can't get the picture to resize for some reason!
wacko.png

June2011358.jpg

kSoo

OMG Member
Passed my childhood with many dogs and cats ..! And I finished up allergic haha ;) Cleaning after them is pretty painful so we have none anymore. A few birds, which mostly finished up flying out the window thanks to my always-so-careful mother ;3 Anyways, the animals I grew up with were left to friends and family in another country. Currently: Petless

Lucky Lefty

OMG Member
I didn't have many pets growing up. I only had a little goldfish that I named after my dad, Jack. Sadly he died from starvation when I was gone for a hotdog eating contest in New York. How Ironic (shaking my head) :D

Shortie861_oth

OMG Member
At the moment I only currently own a cat now, she is 1 years old and called smokey and can be a pain sometimes but she is so adorable :)

In the past I have had finches but unfortunately they died just after new year after the really cold weather we go which was very unusual for us, I had fishes but they died, unsure as to why and we used to have a hamster which we had for a good few years until it died.

Skatergirl

OMG Member
I've had lots of dogs, and lots of rabbits. Also chickens, budgies, and one fish that I was taking care of till a friend's birthday, for a present. :)

I have 2 dogs right now.

kalasin

OMG Member
I only ever had dogs (and only Labs at that) growing up. For my first birthday that I celebrated with my now-husband, he got me a kitten. Cats are so incredibly different from dogs and I knew nothing about their behavior- the scent marking thing? I thought she just wanted me to rub her mouth. Yeah, oops. I do love how self-sufficient she is though.

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
I used to own a cockatiel, a smaller version of a cockatoo. And he was quite the pest!

The question is, did I own him or did he own me, because he was always bossing me around despite being so little. He watched every move I made, often demanded that I take him out of his cage, and always wanted me to be in the same room as he was.

Most people don't expect a little, tiny bird to watch his humans. But mine sure did!

chea

OMG Member
I have a cat named Calie. She is a really awesome cat. Very small and timid. She is an indoor cat.. by choice. lol

photo0014y.jpg

KennyK

OMG Member
We currently have a guinea pig called Snoopy. My twin brother bought him 6 years ago when he just was a few weeks or maybe 1 month old. Normally they don't get so old, but so far he's doing fine, although we see he's getting older. We also have the cat from next door ... After he was attacked in his own home by some dog that came on a visit, he doesn't want to go back there anymore. He always comes begging for some food. Cute cat, but we hope he'll eventually not be scared anymore and go back home. He's always welcome for a little snack, but we can't feed him forever.

zararina

OMG Member
I grew up in a household where there are always dog or dogs as part of the family. I do really enjoy having animals/pets in my life.

Right now we do have a dog and a cat. Both are adopted, they are both abandoned by their original owners.