Why You Ought to Watch TV Shows Online

Monarch

OMG Member
With the advent of TiVo, life is a lot easier for the working man. You have the ability to watch your shows, when and where you want, even if they air during working hours. However, not everyone can afford the technology, so where does that leave the rest of us? Apart from setting your ancient VCR to tape your shows, what are your options? For me, the best option available is online television.

There are lots of reasons to watch your favourite shows online, missing them during the day isn’t the only one. Let’s say you recently discovered that you really enjoy America’s Next Top Model . . . now you can watch all the previous seasons, too! Or maybe you want to find a show that simply isn’t aired in your area . . . again, online TV is the perfect solution.

Another great thing about watching shows on the internet is that you can be watching on your computer with headphones, while your kids are bouncing around to Barney in front of the television. And, no commercials! At least, not during the show, most sites have ads around the video page.

There are plenty of sites out there that offer a wide variety of TV shows . . . you have a wide selection. If one website doesn’t suit you, just head to the next one! Many networks actually air their own episodes online for US viewers. For example, you can watch episodes of Supernatural on the CW website, among other shows. These are unavailable to anyone using a non-American IP, though.

While a network site will usually drop the online version of the shows as soon as they hit season DVDs, other websites archive them so you can watch every season from the very beginning. This is really helpful if you missed the first two seasons of Lost or ER, for example.

Sitcoms and dramas aren’t the only things you can find to watch online, cartoons, documentaries and even made-for-television movies are available, too! Want to watch HBO´s Taken again? You can do that online!

Whether you just find it more convenient to watch your shows at odd hours or are looking to catch up on old episodes, online TV is a great way to go. It allows you the freedom to choose what you want to watch and when . . . something that ordinary television simply doesn’t let you do.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Personally, I do not even have a tv anymore. I'd love to have a big UHD 4k 10bit one with perfect blacks and really nice bright picture on it that's 80 " big - but i dont have the money. I rather buy a new computer with that money and watch the stuff on there.

I have netflix, and youtube, and that's enough to keep me entertained. It still sucks that buying movies online is so expensive unlike music. And that most stuff is still licensed to not be distributed in our country/eu. So there's no real use getting hulu, amazon, etc.

I really enjoy tv, and i hate advertisements, and that problem was solved by watching stuff online. The ads are gone, and you get good quality tv and movies.