Woke up at 5 am

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
My sleep pattern is so broken, the more I try to have a regular pattern the more it works against me.
Today I thought I'd get to bed in time again but I woke up two hours later, and then suddenly it was 5 am. I can't even remember now when I went to bed. I think it was midnight.

I've been working quite hard this year to get a few things done after waking up, then not take a nap later if my eyes wouldn't wanna function properly. And then take a longer sleep through the proper hours, but I kept waking up after an hour, or maybe two hours. Or I slept for 5 hours but really deep.

Compared to last year, I do sleep more already, so I guess I could say it is starting to work. And how and what I try is a bit of a long story I won't bore you with. But I have to say ... I rather sleep just a couple of hours and not feel so tired, than sleep a bit longer and deeper and wake up like I have no energy left.

Waking up at 5 am is great, if that was the plan, or you just went for a nap at 2 am.
But going to sleep and not making it to the magic 6 or getting about 7 hours of sleep. Then it's a killer. It's like waking up with a hangover.

Aussie

OMG Member
I've tracked my sleep cycle for years and observed a connection with my sleep and the moon. Although not always the reason for a sleepless night, on a full moon it is rare I will get more than 4 hours.

When my circadian rhythm reverses, I find melatonin helpful to correct it. I have only needed to do this twice.

I wake early and enjoy it that way but it does suck to wake before dawn!

Floris

Staff member
How do you get melatonin again?
It's an over the counter thing here. You can get it if you go to a pharmacy and say " I am going to take a flight, but get a bit anxious and would rather relax and go for a nap. I heard that stuff helps" Do NOT mention you will sell it on the Internet to people for triple the money on the dark web. They seem to be sensitive to those jokes.

Floris

Staff member
Since life sucks and the first 40 years have been fucking hell. I am going to say right now I will just wake up at 5 am every morning. I have set an alarm for 5am for every day during the next 4 months. No matter if i am up or not, I am going to wake up early and just go for a walk. Tired of trying to do the right things. Never pays off anyway.