Xenfans' vB4 to vB3 migration service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
I want to thank Brandon and Floris for a succesful migration of my vB4 site back to vB3. The service was fast and successful in saving the site information. I tried it a few times myself and was never satisfied with the results. These guys rock!

Thanks again for a move back to what I consider to be the better of the two vB versions.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
When I can afford another license I will convert. Already did once as a test and it went well. Used my xf license for a commercial site though. :D

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I am glad that we were able to help you downgrade your board. Thank you for the kind feedback.

Floris

Staff member
My members are starting to return now too. :p Many found v4 too slow to load.
I've closed my site wetalk due to cancer in the family, personal stress, and because I needed a break from things - to name a few reasons. We just converted from vB3 to XF1 and people were liking it. Now we're a private friends community closed from guests, but we're getting more activity because of xenforo. More older members are returning and new members are becoming regulars. Other sites we've converted are seeing the same result.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
Well the thing that I like about my xenforo site is how it does not feel cumbersome. Once I purchased my xf license that opening day and began playing with xenforo, I would return to my vb4 site and get depressed. It was clunky and heavy. I have actually had people pm me and say thanks for switching back to vb3 and I bet that once I switch to xenforo, they will enjoy it even more.

Floris

Staff member
You're not the first that lets us know that :) And the last few months have shown that 19 out of 20 sites really enjoy the switch and that their bounce rate lowered and their regulars had a lot more fun posting.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
Well recommended you to someone posting a question at vb regarding how to revert his site from 4 back to 3. Another nice benefit from the switch, no more Database Error emails. lol

Floris

Staff member
Brandon from the xenfans team does the vb4 to vb3 downgrades, we're looking forward hearing from your friend - and thank you for your recommendation.

simtex_imported

OMG Member
Brandon from the xenfans team does the vb4 to vb3 downgrades, we're looking forward hearing from your friend - and thank you for your recommendation.

hi ,

this migration service . is it for free or have to pay for it , if so how to get it ?

Floris

Staff member
We invite you to consider converting over to XenForo from vBulletin - for a more modern forum experience.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
hi ,

this migration service . is it for free or have to pay for it , if so how to get it ?
We invite you to consider converting over to XenForo from vBulletin - for a more modern forum experience.

I made the switch a while after reverting to vb3 simtex and never looked back. The site runs so much better on the XenForo platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.