Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Jan 1, 2001
Netherlands
mrfloris.com

XenForo Limited informed its customers today of their one year anniversary, and announced that they're celebrating it by introducing the first public beta of version 1.1.

"Today marks one year since the sale of the first XenForo license, back onOctober 5th 2010. In the interim, we brought the software to its 1.0.0 stable release in March, and after that our attention switched to gathering the vast amount of feedback from customers and visitors to XenForo.com.", Kier Darby

The vast amount of feedback, suggestions, bug reports and open discussions with the customers has resulted in version 1.1. This is not just a simple maintenance release, this is a feature-rich upgrade with more than a few hand full of new features, improvements and tweaks.

The last few months news about 1.1 being around the corner came to light. We've had our own open discussion here on XenFans: XenForo 1.1 Around the Corner and a handful of new features and improvements have been demonstrated in new 'Have You Seen' (HYS) videos, including custom user fields, notices, search improvements,thread prefixes and thread prefix management, BB code media improvements and surely even more to come.

So what does version 1.1 mean to XenForo Limited?

"1.1 to XFL demonstrates our rapid development cycle, our continuing commitment to the highest quality possible in web software, and to delivering features that our customers want", Kier Darby.

And what does version 1.1 mean to XenForo customers?

"1.1 to customers means a new array of features to make the job of administering a XenForo forum even easier and removes many of the previous barriers to adoption that may have existed", Kier Darby.

What is the importance of this beta?

"As always with a beta release, [...] The release is unsupported, and is made for the purpose of testing, soliciting feedback, and to assist add-on and style developers with their work to ensure that their products are compatible with the new version", Kier Darby.

And what's new to version 1.1?

Besides the HYS videos which are definitely worth seeing, here's a list:
Full announcement: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-1-0-beta-1-released.20745/

Before you decide to upgrade or install any new version, we strongly recommend to not run this on your live web site, but if you decide to do so: back up .. everything.

Installation and upgrade instructions are the same as always, however, if you desire XenFans to install or upgrade your 1.0 board to 1.1: We can assist you for a fee. Just contact us.

XenFans.com itself will be testing with upgrades, our team will beta test the 1.1 release, and when we're comfortable with the new version during the beta period we will update the site. Additionally we will do our best to update our add-ons and styles to work properly on 1.1.

We at XenFans.com want to congratulate XenForo Limited (Ashley, Kier, Mike) on their anniversary of version 1, and the release of version 1.1. Best of luck with 1.1 and beyond. Cheers.

Reactions: 6 people

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Jan 1, 2001
Netherlands
mrfloris.com
XenFans.com announces that XenForo 1.1 is just around the corner
XenForo 1.1 Around the Corner

XenForo.com upgrades their support forums to version 1.1 alpha
XenForo.com Upgraded to 1.1

XenForo.com announces their one year anniversary, celebrating it with 1.1 to come
XenForo First Anniversary

XenForo.com introduces their first public beta of version 1.1 to it's customers
XenForo 1.1.0 Beta 1 Released

XenFans.com starts internal testing of web sites, upgrades services and products
Quick Site News: xenfans updates, newsletter about 1.1, and premium product

Reactions: 2 people

The Pet Board

OMG Member
Aug 23, 2011
thepetboard.com
Very excited about this release but there are TONS of bugs already being reported. I can't decide whether to wait for a stable release or jump right in! Also I just found the link directory mod which is AWESOME and looks like it works so far with 1.1 beta.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2010
Belgium
www.hlxbans.net
Very excited about this release but there are TONS of bugs already being reported. I can't decide whether to wait for a stable release or jump right in! Also I just found the link directory mod which is AWESOME and looks like it works so far with 1.1 beta.

In my opinion it's a little bit too buggy to run on a live site :) I've tested it on my localhost account already :D
Errors sometimes pop up here & there but no worries :D

Anyhow, if the bug reports keep coming like this, there will be a stable release very soon ;)
I totally agree on the AWESOME part though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.