Yoga

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Does anyone do any yoga? I used to take a class years ago and am trying to find another I can join, but anyone know of any good basic Youtube videos to practice with.

The class I'm looking at joining is trapeze yoga, so yoga but up in the the air with a giant sling! Just waiting for then to let me know if they have space still on a Monday night.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Nope, never, but I looked into it, and I am doing just a couple of moves to help my headache and back. Together with some moves from pilates. They help, but only so much. Probably because I am not consistent enough with it and not doing the whole routine so to speak.

yoga in a sling, that sounds kinda cool actually, will google

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Wasn't cool, was terrible, I think I'll be giving that one a miss. I'm considering pilates, however I don't know much about it, how is it different to yoga?

Floris

Staff member
What was terrible about it - too much for what you could handle, or too time consuming. Or maybe something like.. you just weren't feeling it (not for you)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
It was not what I was expecting and made me feel sick, and anxious and claustrophobic. It was less yoga more work out then swing upside down, not fun.

Floris

Staff member
It was not what I was expecting and made me feel sick, and anxious and claustrophobic. It was less yoga more work out then swing upside down, not fun.
Geesh! Yep, doesn't sound like something i'd like either. WHOO

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
My friend is a yoga teacher. I try a bit now and again but being a bigger bird now I need to invest in the straps! lol... and calm my mind enough to do it. I should make much more of an effort really.