Your childhood in a nutshell

Tricorder

Resident Maid
If you could describe your childhood with as few words as possible, or with a single picture, what would those words / that picture be?

Mine would be this:

post-746-0-57001100-1420127692.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory, I think.

Your turn. :)

post-746-0-57001100-1420127692.jpg

Attachments

• Spare The Rod Spoil The Child.jpg
    Spare The Rod Spoil The Child.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 4

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
As I child, I took life one day at a time, I wanted to be a tough guy type (even though I was skinny as can be back then), and I felt bored a lot.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Why wanting to be a tough guy type? In my experience, tough guys (and girls for that matter) are usually petty bullies with low or no self-esteem who compensate for their lack of self-respect by assaulting everyone who is physically weaker than them, or has been taught not to resort to violence, even when directly threatened.  :/

Last edited by a moderator:

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Tricorder, I was never really a bully as a small kid.

Part of the reason I wanted to be a tough person was because back then I was just a scrawny looking kid.  Hence, I was bullied a lot.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
That sucks. Bullies always prey on the smallest and the weakest ones, since they're physically incapable of defending themselves against a physically superior attackers. Typical. If they pick on someone their own size, they risk the possibility of getting a taste of their own medicine.

In my country, bullies are even protected by law and therefore completely immune to any kind of prosecution. They can literally kill any of their peers and get away with it, while their victims are treated with "it's your own fault you got attacked, so fu*k off" attitude. Unbelievable.

What's the situation like on your end of the world?

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Me neither. Not on purpose anyway. I was most content sitting somewhere in the corner, minding my own business, and staying out of everyone else's. Me being quiet and obedient was never good enough for my parents, though. They always found (or simply made up) some reason to unleash hell on me.

I watched my peers misbehaving in various ways, sometimes even causing damage to other people, and yet their parents were more than happy to let them get away with it without so much as saying "don't do that" to them. As Spock would say:

spock18.gif

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Alone.

Even with friends and family around me, I felt that nobody wanted to try to understand me, it made me feel alone in my little world. I kinda stuck inside of it ever since and didn't let anybody in to avoid further damage.

And every time I do lower my guard, I basically end up regretting it.