Your golden gem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
Sep 4, 2011
One of the absolute best things that ever happened to my forum (or that i ever did for my forum) was start exchanging posts with other forum owners when i first opened my forum. Now this is not all about the best posts they gave me, but the amazing friendships that developed after i met these people.

Now, two of my very best online friends are also forum owners and occasionally post on my forum. They add real quality to my forum. And beyond that, the friendships are really amazing.

Reactions: 2 people

Fuhrmann

OMG Member
Oct 27, 2011
Brasil
www.pfps.com.br
For my forum, a partnership that was made ​​with a games distributor in Brazil.

My forum was only about a game called Combat Arms. However this game was banned in Brazil because brazilians are very famous for using cheats. (and that is a sad thing to say)

The game then went to Brazil officially years later and we were the only forum to give full support to the players.

After that we enter with a partner, a tournament held at my forum, with prizes and other things All presented by the distributor.

We still have the parternship, but it is most about getting information before any other people, so we can publish them in 'first hands' (dont know how to say this)

Reactions: 2 people

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
Sep 4, 2011
For my forum, a partnership that was made ​​with a games distributor in Brazil.

My forum was only about a game called Combat Arms. However this game was banned in Brazil because brazilians are very famous for using cheats. (and that is a sad thing to say)

The game then went to Brazil officially years later and we were the only forum to give full support to the players.

After that we enter with a partner, a tournament held at my forum, with prizes and other things All presented by the distributor.

We still have the parternship, but it is most about getting information before any other people, so we can publish them in 'first hands' (dont know how to say this)

Having first crack (or early access to) any kind of information is likely to make your forum VERY popular, especially among your target audience. And, you are lucky to have such a good niche, not over crowded like most forum niches.

Reactions: 1 person

Nerdface

OMG Member
Dec 25, 2003
Sheffield, UK
umbrella-online.co.uk
It's sad to say, but I don't really feel that any of my projects have hit any noteworthy milestones..

My largest community about five years ago had some 300+ members at it's peak, but not many of them were active.

My new project is struggling, even with XenForo powering it.

Forum Lover

OMG Member
Dec 12, 2007
Meet online, share and get connected and even more closer on offline. No, my one is not a dating site. But this is what we do. We turn our online hangouts into offline hangouts.

What is the best thing that has happened to your forum?
- Member connects socially. It's a ALIVE thing.
- Every winter they load a truck with used/new clothing, blankets and donate those door to door among poor.
- Every monsoon, while some part of our nation get flooded, my forums members are there with donations, (not only money, self volunteering too)
- Every year, Grand G2G party.
- Was 6th in alexa ranking, for last 3 years, for national visiting. (shit, its 300+ now)
- Nations first vB forum, hopefully going to be first xF forum too.
- Every year deleting 5k inactive members. (How come its listed in best thing has happened!!)
- Nations first bilingual forum.
- Many Many more

And what did you do to make that happen?
- Listen to my member. Their demands.
- Don't dictate, don't fight hard against spamming, but make sure the ratio is under your limit.
- Promote members. Awards, rewards. Highlight members achievements.
- Answer this first (to myself), why visitors should come to my forum and turn into my active member.
- Good moderation team.
- Monthly basis promotional activities.
- SEO? Why? Think about it later, make sure first that I have better contents.

I am not a coder, just another guy who manage lucks with ctrl+c & ctrl+v. :p

If you have a good idea, creative one and can take good decisions, you are already on your way.

Oh, just another thing that I must mention, I visit others site a lot. Every time I visit others forum, I always get some new positive ideas to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.