• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

1.13.2 information (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey :) (people who don't' want the details, there's a big green simple short summary at the bottom)

[edit] The server is back from Maintenance mode, we're on 1.13.2, we're now live-testing it; please do read this thread though <3

Thank you for playing in our Minecraft Universe we call 1MB (1moreblock.com:25565), all your friendly faces motivates me daily to work hard in my free time to move the server forward. And we've reached the point where I believe we're all ready to upgrade to 1.13.2.

Mojang released it earlier this Summer, and boy is it big. Not only are there new blocks, new mobs, a bit of new gameplay, but code-wise, there have been a big bunch of changes as well, including the way worlds are generated.

Unfortunately that meant that it took time for the server software 'Spigot' to upgrade (the stuff we use use to run our servers), and then for all the plugins (all the extra features) to be compatible with 1.12.2 and 1.13.2. In the meantime there were bugs with world generation that made it unrealistic for existing maps to comfortably convert from 1.12.2 to 1.13.2.

The maps on our network are pretty big, but even our little 1MB survival server /general/ world is between 15 and 20 gigabyte, and takes 5 hours to convert (nearly 3,7 million chunks). So you can imagine that it really isn't just throwing a switch and poof, we can continue playing.

Fortunately, that's behind us now. Well, sort of. We've reached a threshold that I am happy with. What I mean to say is: The Spigot 1.13.2 runs stable, the network plugins and custom plugins are all working on 1.13.2, and the 'core' plugins we really really require work 'good enough' on 1.13.2. All the extra features either sorta work, work really well, or just don't. But we can start with everything that runs well, and re-add some functionality back later (instead of waiting a few more months on a few developers). So we're now doing a live-test run of converting all our -live- data from 1.12.2 to 1.13.2.

Finally!

Yes, finally indeed! I can't wait to see all your builds with the new blocks, and ocean grass/kelp and corals. And don't forget to sleep regularly, because we did invite phantoms along for the ride.

So, what's happening today?

Right now while I write this thread the server that runs -live- is on 1.12.2, but it's in Maintenance mode. (Maybe by the time you read this, that part has finished ..) If our live-test goes well, we can turn off 1.12.2 and turn on 1.13.2 and let you all join with your 1.13.2 clients and play!

But, there's a little but.. Despite that we've tested this and build up to today, for the last few months. Like I said, it all 'kinda' works, it 'appears' to all be fine. We are aware of a few features not currently working, and some worlds not being there. So, for the time being, after maintenance mode gets turned off and we run live on 1.13.2, there's a 12 hour window where we might suddenly roll back to 1.12.2. I'll explain why.

If the upgrade doesn't go well, we will stick to 1.12.2 a little longer. Unforeseen big bugs that cause issues we really want to fix first, might be a reason for us to shut things down, roll back to 1.12.2 and try things another day.

But of course, if things do go well, we will decide to 'stick with it', and we will very super probably not roll back to 1.12.2 and really really stick to 1.13.2 and work on improving everything while we play.

This is already a super long post. If you want a summery, here it is:

- Server is shut down, will come back as 1.12.2 or 1.13.2. Hopefully 1.13.2! If that's the case, we test it for 12 hours. If that goes well: we stick with it.. otherwise, we might roll back to 1.12.2.

Welcome to our public -live- test run of 1.13.2 :)

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
FAQ

HOW DO I PLAY ON 1.13.2 ?

Go to your Minecraft Launcher, change your profile to a 1.13.2 or 1.13.2+optifine profile. Then click play.

STILL THE SAME IP / PORT / SERVER ?

Yep, when you connect with 1.13.2 you will end up on either the old 1.12.2 or the new 1.13.2 - but let's assume it's 1.13.2 :)
It's still on: 1moreblock.com:25565

HOW DO I KNOW I AM REALLY ON 1.13.2 ?

You can ask! Don't be shy.

I TRIED TO CONNECT BUT IT SAYS "Maintenance" ?

We're still busy converting, you're a little early. Try again in a bit, or come hang out with us on Discord.
You can also subscribe to this thread, so you get updates as I post them.

I TRIED TO CONNECT, BUT IT SAYS "Your client is outdated" ?

Ah, we're on 1.13.2 and you've tried to connect with 1.12.2.
Go to your Minecraft Launcher, change your profile to a 1.13.2 or 1.13.2+optifine profile. Then click play.

[edit] I got it to work that 1.12.2 clients can connect, however, it's really not recommended. Please use 1.13.2

WAIT, EVERYTHING IS THE SAME, WHERE IS 1.13.2 WORLD ?

The chunks in our 1.12.2 world have been pre-generated, and converted to 1.13.2 chunks. This way you don't lose your builds. The /general/ world is 15,000 x 15,000 big, but everything from 1.12.2 is still there. There are very likely no new 1.13.2 chunks generated in this world.

Once we decide to 'stick to 1.13.2 and not roll back', then we will introduce a small new 1.13.2 only world where everybody can play. (Note: we will NOT get rid of the /general/ world, don't worry)

ARE THERE ANY OTHER WORLDS ?

We will start with:
- /spawn
- /general

Once the -live-test- run 12 hour period is over, and we decide to 'stick with it', then we will introduce a new /end, /nether, and /mine world.

ARE ALL THE FEATURES THERE ?

No.

Sorry, it's that simple. No, they're not all there. Like explained in the post above this one, we're depending on the developers to update their plugins for Spigot to support 1.13.2 properly. Not all of them are doing this. Some abandoned their projects, others are serious bugs (but might be ironed out later), and some just don't want to support 1.13.2. We've worked in the last couple of months to convert all the plugins that support 1.12.2 and 1.13.2 on our 1.12.2 server, so all of those are there.

If you find a command, feature, or event is not working, please DO report it. The plugin might be there, but you might have just found a bug!

Once the 12 hour test period has ended and we decide to stick with this version 1.13.2, we will introduce new worlds, and enable the older worlds again on an almost daily basis. The same goes for features.

CAN I GRIEF AS A TEST ?

No, griefing 'i was just testing', is still grief, our regular server /rules still apply. Please avoid getting banned. If you didn't make or placed a block or item, don't try to break it or steal it.

Note, again, if this test period goes well, we will stick with what we have. If you break your build, you're not getting it back.

HELP, SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING ?

Don't panic, some plugin might not be working correctly, try to remember what you did so we can try to reproduce it and hopefully fix it. Report whatever you think you might notice that isn't working. We're also open to suggestions.

OKAY, I have questions..

Sure, ask! Just reply to this thread, or poke me on Discord, feel free to include screenshots.

OCEAN WANDS?

Okay, who told everybody? Yes, there are special ocean wands, but we will introduce those if we do not roll back to 1.12.2 and stick to 1.13.2 moving forward. More about this soon!

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
November 27th, nearly 8 am in the morning in the Netherlands:

- Changelog updated with everything I've just done:
https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-changelog-2018.261256/page-5#post-756910

- Summary: I've shut the server down, backed it up, and cloned it. I've started preparations to convert to 1.13.2.

- Update: I've converted /spawn world successfully, it's small (done quickly).

- Update: I've reported a few known issues to the developers of the respected plugins, hopefully those bugs get addressed soon.

- Update: I've started converting the latest version of the /general world, this will take about 5 hours, pout.

- Update: Wrote this thread to be published later to the public forums.

- Update: Informed everybody on Discord that we've started the upgrade process to 1.13.2

- Update: Upgraded all the plugins we're using to 1.13.2, hopefully no errors (but probably with some).

- Update: Since the /general world conversion will take about 4 more hours from this point on, I think I deserved a nap.
Note: I am not lazy, I stayed up all night to prepare for this, haha. I can't do anything else until it's done converting that world. All the plugins are up to date now, and I have to test them once the world finished converting. A great moment to take a break :)

Floris

Staff member
- Known issue: The /pet plugin will not work, we're dealing with this and hope to have it back #soon
Note: Do NOT place your pet! This will turn it into a regular head, please wait until the plugin works.

- Known issue: The copy/paste plugin doesn't play nice with the /shops plugin, which both use the world protection plugin. We're trying WITHOUT the copy/paste feature, and give priority to the Shops feature for now.

- Known issue: Configurations of certain plugins have been reset. Some plugins require a fresh configuration file to be used. During the 12 hour test period we will restart a couple of times once we merged over our configuration settings from 1.12.2 to 1.13.2 (we want to start as bug-free as possible of course)

- Known issue: The /dominate pvp game is for 1.12.2 only, and others have reported it doesn't work well in 1.13.2, we are starting without it. Hopefully we can bring this back in 2019, otherwise we will replace it with another type of pvp game.

- Known issue: We didn't have the time to test the . '1MB Fun' feature, since this is not integral for the server to run properly, we have decided to not include it right now. Hopefully there's a 1.13.2 version in early 2019 that we can try out.

- Known issue: Sharing inventories between worlds: This is so shady! Officially there's no support for this. And it 'seems' to work, but we haven't had a chance to really really test it. So right now we start with 2 worlds, both using the same inventories. Phew, that should work fine. That said, there's an alternative plugin that claims to work better and guarantees to work with 1.13.2; that's not my experience: We are trying but haven't comfortably converted to it without major issues. So, eh .. we'll see how this goes?

- Known issue: Or rather a concern.. /lock and /unlock of doors, trapdoors, chests, shulker boxes, item frames and armour stands. Please pLeAse PLEEEASE test this properly. Whatever you had and know was locked: is that still locked? The old version 1.12.2 was version 1.x and 1.13.2 is now version 2, by a new team of devs. A major update that could present problems. We haven't found any yet, but we might not play like you do; so who knows! Please test this, we expect issues.

- Known Issue: The /menu, some parts don't work, feel free to report what you have issues with.

FOUND AN ISSUE THAT IS NOT ON THIS LIST? Great! Let us know :) We love hearing about them. The more we know that doesn't work, the more we can fix and the sooner we're all on 1.13.2 :)

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
midday on November 27th, 2018:

- The convert of /general/ went ok, it hit 100%

- The updates of the plugins/ went ok, I had a few issues, compared to 25+ issues.

- I've reported what are problems I can't control due to bugs in plugins to their respected developers.

- Fixed a few little issues that were easy.

- Known issue: The custom fireworks from 1.12.2 do not work in 1.13.2 - you have to exchange them for 1.13.2 custom fireworks. Just contact me to trade for working stuff. (Talking confetti, fountains, and such)

- Known issue: The commands /regionadd and /regionremove do not work right now due to the same problem, using them directly will however work: type /here, to find the name of the region you are in (if you own it) and type: /region addmember RegionName PlayerName, example: If you are in region bob, then /here should say region: bob, then type: /region addmember bob ilujf (to add ilujf to your region)

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
The afternoon on November 27th, 2018:

- Various testing has been done, successfully.

- Bugs have been either fixed, or reported. Or alternatives have been tried and tested.

- The 1.12.2 server with 1MB 2.5.2 has been shut down, this will be our roll-back server if we decide to roll back in 12 hours.

- The 1.13.2 server with 1MB 2.6.0 has been moved into position and I've been playing around a little bit to try all the usual stuff.

- The MOTD has been updated, and the on-join message has a 12 hour notice that we're doing a live-test run.

Note: This is important. Again, if we are happy with 1.13.2 in twelve hours from now, then we will 'stick with it' and move forward, and very likely not roll back to 1.12.2. However, if within those 12 hours we find enough issues of a certain degree that justifies shutting the thing down, we will, and then we will roll back to 1.12.2.

Note: Consider this our 12 hour public beta test, in other words: Perhaps do not build something 'significant'.

- The maintenance mode has been removed, scary, .. but you can all join.

Please join with a 1.13.2 client, even though we temporarily support 1.12.2 clients to connect.

Floris

Staff member
Please read the whole thread, but let's just emphasize once more:

The pets plugin does not work in 1.13.2, so the game does not know they are pets. Placing your pets, or summoning your pets will ruin them. Do not use them, avoid using them, do not place them, don't try to summon them. You will lose your pet.

This is mentioned on discord, in previous posts in this thread, this post, the changelogs, and when you join the game. I honestly cannot help you if you place your pet and lose it. It is out of my control.

Fireworks: The plugin works, but the changes between 1.12.2 and 1.13.2 were too big. They look the same, but the 1.12.2 does simply not work. I had a chat with the developer about this. You're free to contact me to exchange what you have for 1.13.2 fireworks. I am talking about confetti, those tnt bombs, fountains, etc.

Worlds: There are 2, /spawn and /general, there's no /end, /nether, /mine worlds, we're doing a live-test run first, once we 'stick with it', we will introduce the other worlds again.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Things are looking promising, we might just keep 1.13 and don't have to roll back.

The mining wold will soon be added, and completely 1.13.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

It's now Thursday the 29th for me. I've seen no reason to roll back. We're gonna just go ahead and stick with it.

Thank you all for testing. From this post forward we will post updates as usually; to our changelog. A great way to stay up to date.

Have a great time with 1.13.2 everybody :)

Status
Not open for further replies.