• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.3-1.20.6 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The upgrade to 1.20.2

Information:

To try and upgrade to the latest Minecraft version, we need to take the -live- server (1moreblock.com) offline so we can make a proper manual backup to work on, roll back to, and test with. After which we can invite you to join our public beta test later today.

Downtime:

Taking the server offline will mean you cannot connect to it. Or maybe it shows on-line, but it's in maintenance mode. Please try again later.

Grace Period:

We have now started a short grace period for players to come online and test their favorite commands, check their inventories, and make sure their homes are all okay.

We strongly encourage to come online and double-check everything, because it's impossible for me to do this. Please reach out to us via omgboards.com forums, or preferably through a #ticket-support -> [new ticket]. Include the output of "/pos" and any relevant information that helps us understand your issue.

During the grace period, we discourage players from seriously building something, because if we find any serious issues that make us decide not to continue the upgrade to 1.20.2, we will stop the server and roll back to our earlier made 1.20.1 backup (and try upgrading again in January).

When we do feel confident enough to stick to 1.20.2, we will end the grace period. And continue with whatever instance of the server we have.

Known Issues:

Upgrading does not come without compromise, we're a server that started in 2011, and as our community and Minecraft both change, so does our set up. There might be issues, hopefully, we can address them all. With your help we can find them.

Note that we want you to play fair, this includes reporting issues you find. Purposely withholding issues and abusing this to your benefit can result in your account getting sanctioned. Let's teamwork this upgrade <3

- GUI menus: A plugin that we've always used is abandoned by the community and we're changing it to a new version. We are not ready yet, and will need weeks to return some of the menus. This affects "/menu", and some of the sub pages. If we stick to 1.20.2, some of these menus will gradually return in the coming weeks as we rebuild them from scratch.

- Villagers: Mojang made changes to the way villagers behave; this can have consequences for your villager trading setup. This is out of our control. What we can control is customizing the villager setup, And we're considering making some changes in the coming months.

- Economy unbalanced: Due to the new world height, the ore redistribution, and now, yet again, the diamond redistribution and some other world generation tweaks, our economy has become unbalanced. Many valuables have become worthless thanks to 1.14 and newer versions. We will constantly be making changes to work on this throughout the end of this year and early 2024.

"Will the worlds reset?"

Hell no, we're not like those other servers that don't value your builds and the time you've put into a world. If we can't safely upgrade .. we won't.

"I have questions!"

Sure, go ahead, please note that I am busy and will ignore PM/DM/MSGs, etc. I invite you to contact us through a #ticket-support -> [new ticket].

Floris

Staff member
We are done with the upgrade.

The grace period has started, you're hereby invited to join with 1.20.2 and test your daily commands, homes, warps, etc, and report back any issues to us in this thread, or on discord in #ticket-support -> new ticket.

If we find big serious issues: we roll back to the previously made 1.20.1 backup
If we think things are fine: we stop the grace period and stick to 1.20.2 "as is"

Floris

Staff member
The first two hours are going well, we have noticed no big issues - and I haven't seen any player reports of things breaking.