• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

1MB Pets feature (personal pets) (edit: no longer possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey everybody,

Through private and public beta testing we've now arrived at this fantastic feature being public.

You can now have a personal pet, this is a 1MB Pet feature that's available to the -live- survival server to all ranks and groups.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 03.36.26.png

They are kind of rare though. So play often, stay alert, and especially during the weekends. But, there's a second and third pay of getting them if you're lucky. I will explain it all in this thread.

Let's start at how to obtain one. Right now, during the Summer of 2018 a personal pet is worth $25,000 (virtual ingame currency of course) and only obtainable through the admin mrfloris.

That said, since everybody can buy the pet, players can try to sell them on the global market. Just make sure you sell it before the market item expires; you don't want to lose an expensive item that way.

Anyway, for 25k /money you can buy one from mrfloris from the /market

Or, maybe if a player put one up for sale. The price a player asks for it could be more or less. And always make sure it's a real mystery egg. You don't want to get fooled (by the way, it's not nice to trick people). A mystery egg that's real has a blue title, looks like a spawn egg, and has a glow/enchanted effect.

Another way to obtain them is being lucky during 1MB Events, or 1MB Drop parties. Or, to save up 1000 points and exchange your points for an egg through the "/points" feature.

If you have the money and want one, you can always ask mrfloris to put one up for sale on the global market. Feel free to ask!

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 03.46.41.png

Anyway, when you have a mystery egg you have to take care of it. You have to hold it in your offhand while you're working, building, walking around, etc. The more active you are the faster you can hatch it. Once you've moved around 5000 blocks, it will randomly spawn a baby pet. Your personal baby pet! So awesome. You can summon it or put it back in your pocket. When it's summoned it will follow you around and try to help you stay safe. You're not alone on server anymore! You can name your pet once, and perhaps level it up as you go. The more you level up your pet, the more health and stronger abilities it will have. Train your pet, and you might be invincible!

Yes, you can have multiple pets, and yes, you can trade them with other people. Pets of a certain type might be more rare, and worth more than the 25,000 you originally got the mystery egg for. A great way to get rich too!

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 03.46.59.png

When your pet dies, or gets tired, it needs Pet Food (glowing slime balls with a custom pet food title) that you can get from staff members, the "/points" shop, or craft using apples and a slime-ball.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 03.53.00.png

As you level up your pet, its health will increase, it will get strong abilities, and it is growing into an adult.

Once a pet has become an adult and reached a certain age you have the ability to switch between a big-pet or a small-pet.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 03.47.26.png

To spawn the pet, you hold it in your right hand, right click.. If it is allowed to be spawned it will show up. To rain it back in, to put it back in your pocket so to speak, just right click again.

A pet that's summoned/spawned will attack angry mobs usually automatically. When it's young it's a bit slower and dumber about it compared to a trained adult. To train it, you can hit a friendly or angry mob and let it attack it. Just stay kinda nearby so it doesn't lose interest.

You can have multiple pets, but you can spawn only one at a time.

Pet's are personal, you can name it 'once', so be careful what to call it. It's name and levels and adulthood etc are all stored inside the pet. So don't lose it. If you drop it and it dies in a fire, you can't have it back, you can't spawn it etc. That pet-head you're holding is it.

To name a pet, put it in the left socket of a regular Anvil, give it a title. You pay with 30 exp levels to rename it. Then just take it out of the output socket and it should be renamed. Again, you can only name a pet once.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 03.55.22.png

You can trade pets, sometimes people have doubles - ask around! They are personal, but not soul-bound. They can change owner by just giving it to another player.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 03.52.25.png

I believe that's it. If you have questions please post them.

If you have a pet, let us know, post a screenshot or let us know what you named it.

How many pets do you have? Did you start a collection?

If you want to trade, feel free to post your offers here, or ask someone what you're looking for.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
If anybody has a pet, show me your pet in a screenshot or video!

Status
Not open for further replies.