• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

1MB Skyblock Beta (early access)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey guys :)

We're happy to announce that we're in the next stage of the beta for our Skyblock server. We're open to the public for early access. This means we're looking for players to have fun playing on the server and trying stuff out and report back to us with questions or complaints.

Right now our main server is the survival server on 1moreblock.com on port 25565
And the additional skyblock server is open on host 1moreblock.com on port 45565

I am posting this information here now because it's been running stable enough to be online 24/7 and without a whitelist. Yep, you're free to invite your friends or use alternative accounts to test stuff. But please realise that values of items and blocks over time will change slightly as we focus in on the configurations.

There is a familiar feel to the server features as they're also on the main survival server, but with the twist of the focus being a Skyblock server. Which will have it's own unique features.

again: 1moreblock.com:45565 . See you there soon, and yep, feel free to post to this thread with questions, issues, complaints, etc.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The basics are that there's a /spawn and a /menu, utilizing those two you can go create your own island, visit your own island. Or navigate to public islands of others. Yes, you can work as a team on an island (so you can play with your friends on just your island, giving them access to your chests etc). And yes, your island is protected from grief. There's no floor, you fall off: you die. and very likely lose your items. Yes, there's a nether just for you. But no, there's no end world. There's a small mini shop where you can buy more blocks. And yes, you can build a cobble generator to mine.

Since there's no floor, you have to build your own mine. A cobble generator will also give you ores like diamond ore, iron, etc.

There are achievements, advancements, challenges, etc. Global and local, and per island. And this is a great way to get unique items or life saving items.

To grow your island level you have to expand your island by building it out. So use your items wisely, you get limited and some things like carrots for breeding pigs will be rare at the start of the server. So is water, so if you screw up building your generator you are depending on others having water for you, etc. The same with food.

Killing mobs will get you food and certain items, and money. They can drop gold bags with coins, you can type /coins to convert the coins to /money (which you can use in the shop again).

Anyway, it's fun to discover. But if you're stuck - let us know! We're still building it all out to something fun to come back to over and over again. Early access people will grow faster at the start of the server, it will be a bit harder in the future for newcomers to level up that fast :) hint hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.