• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

1MB Skyblock Information

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
This thread is to inform you about the Skyblock 'gamemode' here on the 1MB server :)

[EDIT] WE ARE NOW LIVE -- Enjoy skyblock

Starting August 2019 we've gone live with the 1MB Skyblock feature. Allowing players to join this world and have another Survival experience.

Yep, the focus is indeed on the Survival aspect. And we have tried to make it a tiny bit tougher than usual.

The difficulty for the Skyblock is set to hard.

You can unlock a few features like access to the world by typing: /skyblock

You can create an island from easy to tough. And yes, you can reset your island a few times to try stuff out.

Each time you reset - you will lose your existing island, and your existing inventory.

When you pick an island you are responsible for it. This includes making it reachable to other players through an island warp. So build up your island levels to unlock that perk.

You will also be responsible for your team, if you start one. If you reset your island your actions reflect on them too! So be careful and mindful of that.

We recommend to use your resets to try out the variety of islands, then make a final pick. Invite your team members over and try things out. If you all agree, you could do one more reset before 'sticking to that island' and make something super awesome.

You cannot teleport or accept /tpa requests in Skyblock, unlocking the warps perk is the only way.

You can not use certain commands like /gift, /trade, or /market (and /ah). These are perks for the general wilderness and main worlds.

In order to trade you will have to visit the other player and drop the items, or make a /shops chest where you can sell or buy the items.

Inventories from other worlds do not share, and it's not allowed (bannable offense) to get items exchanged between the Skyblock and other worlds of the 1MB Universe.

This includes being unable to move your vote-tokens from Skyblock to General. So be aware of that.

The more you build out your island, the higher your island level will be. And the more (frequent) you will get better minerals and resources from the cobblestone generator.

You cannot go to a mining world, the nether, or the end.

To get minerals and some resources, you will have to create a cobblestone generator. /skyblock spawn will have an example on how to build a basic one.

Placing certain items, and/or entities could be limited. For example sticky pistons, hoppers, and beacons. You can find out what they are through /skyblock limits

There may be Skyblock challenges, from either a server command or through personal challenges on the forum. Ask about them as they're fun to do, and some can come with rewards.

Every so often we will visit player islands and make a video to feature on our Youtube channel(s). We can't wait to see what you will build!

The server /rules apply, and certain group perks might be limited in Skyblock for a better 'survival' experience.

We do not consider Skyblock to be a temporary world, we are however dependent on continued support and player activity. If we ever remove it, it will not be deleted, it will be disabled (until we can/need to enable it again). Our goal is to set it up, have loads of fun, and take it from there. We basically consider it a permanent world. Worst case scenario, we worldedit your island to /General if we do not have a solution in the future to upgrade it or keep it.

Reminder: If you reset your island, your island builds will be gone, your items in Skyblock will be gone. The levels and teams and challenges for that island will be gone. Please be aware of that. There is no undo button.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
TODO

The group limits are not set, these are permissions, but haven't looked into them, set them, or tested them.

Vloop

Patron
Grin was turning into smile until I saw the post that starts with "VLOOP..." :D
Excitement, ma dude. Excitement!!!

Floris

Staff member
GREENHOUSE information

It enables players to build their own biome greenhouses complete with weather, friendly mob spawning, unique plant growth, and even block erosion!

Greenhouses are made out of glass and must contain the blocks found in the Biome Recipe to be valid. There is a recipe GUI. Once built, the greenhouse can be used to grow plants with bonemeal, and it may spawn biome-specific mobs. If you include a hopper with water in it, snow will form inside the greenhouse when it rains. If you put bonemeal in the hopper, biome-specific plants will grow. Some blocks can also transform over time due to "erosion".
  • Greenhouses can grow plants that cannot normally be grown, like sunflowers
  • Friendly mobs can spawn if your greenhouse is well designed - need slimes? Build a swamp greenhouse!
  • Blocks change in biomes over time - dirt becomes sand in a desert, dirt becomes clay in a river, for example.
  • Easy to use GUI shows greenhouse recipes (e.g. /skyblock greenhouse)
  • Admins can fully customize biomes and recipes <-- WILL PROBABLY DO THIS AT SOME POINT
How to Build A Greenhouse
  1. Make glass blocks and build a rectangular set of walls with a flat roof.
  2. Put a hopper in the wall or roof.
  3. Break 2 blocks and go inside your greenhouse!
  4. Put a door in the wall so you can get in and out.
  5. Type /skyblock greenhouses and read the recipe for the greenhouse you want.
  6. Exit the GUI and place blocks, water, lava, and ice so that you make your desired biome.
  7. Type /skyblock greenhouse again and click on the biome to make it.
It will tell you with a message and red blocks of glass, if you have holes in your greenhouse.

It will tell you with a message if you do not have enough water in the greenhouse.

Once made:
  • Use bonemeal to grow small plants on grass blocks immediately in the greenhouse.
  • Or place bonemeal in the hopper to have the greenhouse sprinkle bonemeal automatically. Come back later to see what grows!
  • Place a bucket of water (or more) in the hopper to cause snow to fall in cold biomes. Snow will fall when it rains in the world. Each snowfall empties one bucket of water.
  • Friendly biome-specific mobs may spawn in your greenhouse - the usual rules apply (be more than 24 blocks away).
FAQ
  • Can I use stained glass? Yes, you can. It's pretty.
  • Can I fill my greenhouse full of water? Yes. That's an ocean.
  • Will a squid spawn there? Maybe... okay, yes it will if it's a big enough ocean.
  • Can I use metal doors? Yes.
  • Can I use a trap door? Yes.
  • Can I grow swamp flowers with this? Yes. Make a swamp biome and use bonemeal.
  • How much bonemeal is used to grow plants? One per successful plant.
  • How much water do I need to put into the hopper to make it snow? One bucket of water (just the water) is used up every time it rains. This only happens in cold biomes.
  • What kind of mobs spawn in the biomes? It's what you would expect, wolves in Cold Taiga, horses on plains, etc.
Player Commands
Add these commands to /skyblock: (note please that only the BOLD ones are supposed to work)

• /skyblock greenhouse - Display the recipe GUI - clicking on a recipe will try to make a greenhouse
  • /skyblock greenhouse help - lists these commands
  • /skyblock greenhouse make: Tries to make a greenhouse by finding the first valid recipe
  • /skyblock greenhouse remove: Removes a greenhouse that you are standing in if you are the owner
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzDkJhN7dw

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
The Skyblock world is live, and open to all groups. Tomorrow I will update this thread hopefully to update the details.

To get started:

/menu skyblock

read this thread first though..

But create an island, you can reset 8 times, so you can try a couple first if you want.

/skyblock create
Then /skyblock go, to get there.

to reset

/skyblock reset

There's a way to figure out your levels, and to learn how to make a cobble generator: /skyblock spawn (and then on the left)

You can play alone, or with a team, invite your friends?

When you reset: your island is gone!

You can not take your inventory and enderchest with you either. If you reset an island, those will be removed as well.

There are also limits, like, you can buy and place one spawner, one beacon, and like 12 pistons .. type: /skyblock limits to see how much of each.

Floris

Staff member
Is it possible to have a spawner?

Yes, just like a beacon.

Is it possible to have a beacon?

Yes, through completing challenges it should be able to get a beacon and/or spawners.

If you want to learn how to build a 3x3 or even up to mvp level 9x9 powered beacon, you can find it at /skyblock spawn (on the right)

That's also the island where you can find out how to build a cow spawner grinder (for example, if you need to learn how to grind your spawned cows into leather)

Getting a beacon isn't easy, we know, it requires loads of materials. So only the top islands will be able to brag that they've been able to acquire one, build one, and power one. Will that be you?

Floris

Staff member
Obviously a better video will take the place of this 15 minute live stream, but it kinda shows off skyblock, as well as some of it's features. :)

Subscribe to stay up to date on our server and get a glimpse of behind the scene stuff, or just to hang out and say hi.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-EvnPWRpA

Floris

Staff member
The /menu skyblock has updated, and we will continue to tweak it. Thank you all for the feedback!

You will now find biome change option and challenges option in the menu! Enjoy.

Floris

Staff member
OH BOY this thread requires an update.

We currently have acid, cave, oneblock, skyblock, skygrid, and we need to organize our data and turorials. Maybe i can find a person who likes to manage that with me. Pff, not to mention 2 secret game modes coming to donators and up !

Anyway

In case i did not mention it.

Withcery is a thing !
https://omgboards.com/threads/skyblock-witchery.261787/

There's a weekly shop with /weekshop i think

there is /skyblock challenges

there is /skyblock generator

and /skyblock greenhouse
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzDkJhN7dw

oh and /skyblock menu links to most of these

you can build a team, invite someone, add them, etc. /skyblock team help

- welcome sign for /skyblock warps (after 10 levels you can add [welcome] on a sign

- there is a way to change the biome!

- dance near a tree will grow it

Floris

Staff member
made by globug100, thank you!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 09.43.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 09.43.24.png
    540.1 KB · Views: 1