• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

BUILD WEEKEND: Wild West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hey crafters, starting late on Friday night, you will be able to go and participate in the September Build Weekend. With the theme WILD WEST.

We need to "fix" a lot of existing builds, they were imported from 1.8, 1.12, and 1.14 into our 1.13 server. So some windows, fences, doors, etc are broken. Feel free to update them so they look 'correct' again.

We will need a main road that goes through the town, so players can jump on their horse and explore the town. Maybe if you're interested, find someone and discuss with them how a western road should look like. I am sure we can come up with something cool.

We will also need side-paths to the individual builds, or up the hill to the train station, or a way to get to the other mountain top.

Additionally, we need some mine-shafts for the miners that get resources for the town. AND, a rail track that goes through town, around the whole area. I have one requirement: It has to start and stop on the top of the hill, where the biiiig train is. It would be cool to start there, and then have a rail track ride around town so you can view everything, to go into the mine and back up again, .. stuff like that.

We need more houses, we need to make sure we have things like bars, saloon, blacksmith, hotel, places for miners to live, places for cowboys to go to jail to, a sheriff's office, the mayor's home, all sorts of 'western stuff', feel free to make suggestions.

The area also needs an update, help us make it look more western?

Ok, enough to do, I am sure we will figure it out - And if we all get together as a community and put in some work we will have an amazing looking area. Just like the warp bee spot!

And just like the warp bee and fossil build weekends, we will have some 'thank you' stuff (that I don't want to get into right now) but hopefully just participating is the biggest reward.

Questions? Ask! And I will update this thread.

Subscribe to the thread, so you can get a notification when there's an update.

• post office
  • bank
  • hotel
  • mining area
  • saloon
  • houses for the miners
  • house for the rich town person
  • sheriff's office
  • jail
  • shop where you buy your guns and tools
  • barn for the horses
  • cow farm
  • food garden
  • gold mine
  • western style docking area for import of food and stuff
  • Working rails track going through mine shafts and around the town and back again!
Just a few suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
:D

This is gonna be awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
It's Saturday!

Have fun being a cowboy or cowgirl this weekend, if you need any items let me know :)

MC_Frankie

OMG Member
I'd like to suggest an Undertaker's build cos basically alot of cowboys got killed in the old west!

Floris

Staff member
Maybe someone wants to make a few totem poles in the distance on the mountains and hills? :)
Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 15.37.58.png

Floris

Staff member
That reminds me, .. we need a few 'outhouses' at various strategic locations :D

Floris

Staff member
Officially the build weekend has ended, participants will soon receive a wildwest lootbox, enjoy! And thank you for the hard work.

Of course, people are still free to request access to the warp to help expand the build area and/or customize it. We are always looking for builders who want to have fun working on an area.

Status
Not open for further replies.