Christmas... if you do... when do you decorate?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Mine goes up the first weekend of December (or the closest to it lol). This year I will get the decs up on the 1st. What about you? What do you do? How mad do you go if at all?

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Honestly by the time it gets to decorating the house, usually around 2 weeks before Christmas, I've had enough of it all.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
It's December, tomorrow, so it's finally time for me to flip my mind away from summer and wishful thinking to the holiday season.

We have Sinterklaas in the Netherlands first, so we won't start decorating for Christmas until after that's done.

Personally, I tend to put something up around the 20th, way too late. And then around March 2019 I probably finally take it down.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
qAZy8Gp.jpg

Floris

Staff member
One of my new years resolutions was to make this year count. And I honestly -without wanting to explain why- am disappointed with myself that I am not in the healthy position to have done that this year. And yes, partially to blame is just me being lazy.

I'd like to say that I will try again in 2019, but.. -without explaining why-, I do not know if that is possible. It's something nice to aim for though. I've done well on other fronts this year when it comes to some stuff, and I want to double up on that in 2019 and push myself to being less lazy and focus more on my mental health and physical wellbeing. Hopefully with the end result of having a nice(r) christmas that will make me happy.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
It will be the skinny tree again this year if I manage to buy a new sofa set, otherwise I think I might go back to my fat tree this year... much prefer it but it's not a space saver in any way lol...

ZnFyCVj.png

This is the usual scene at Christmas in my house... although the crazy will look less this year as I wont have all the family's presents...

Floris

Staff member
I haven't seen that many presents since I left wallmart.

• Haha
Reactions: Nix

Vloop

Patron
Since I'll be living with my mom starting this November, I'm pretty sure we'll decorate as soon as I get there. xD

Floris

Staff member
Since I'll be living with my mom starting this November, I'm pretty sure we'll decorate as soon as I get there. xD
Minecraft characters hanging in the tree? :D

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Ahhhhhh I can't wait to start again this year.... going to buy the mega baubles this year and pop up the big tree again :D

Floris

Staff member
I have reconsidered a few things. I really want to finish tidying up some stuff in my apartment, and then figure out where to put my tree stuff, and just do it one more year before throwing it all out. It's just not the same without being able to share it with my father, or have my mom visit. We will see I guess, I can at least start doing the apartment stuff, and then review that idea again.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I'm really struggling to find nice large baubles at an affordable price!!! (SHhhhhhh)

It's ok it takes a while to deal with that loss @Floris

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
When do the decorations come down though? Mine are still up I'll probably take them down at some point next week

Floris

Staff member
Officially the 7th right? :D of any year :D :D

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Mine will be down at some point over the weekend :'(

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'll put mine all up earlier this year, hoping to have friends around on the 11th for a Christmas meal/evening so I'll have then up before then.

Work wise, it'll be somewhere around December 1st.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So I'm hoping to get the big tree out this year but we will have to wait and see... this year decorations go up on the 28th November weekend!

Floris

Staff member
Can I just buy apple products for myself and then gift myself and not get anybody else anything?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
My neighbour asked for a ladder to get into their loft today.... to put up their tree!
I'm guna wait a couple of more weeks. Got to tidy house first lol.

Floris

Staff member
My neighbour asked for a ladder to get into their loft today.... to put up their tree!
I'm guna wait a couple of more weeks. Got to tidy house first lol.
My mom gave the troops the order to order her a tree before it's too late. They already said they deliver it but refuse to put it up. So my mom's asking around who wants to put it up and decorate it.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
It's that time again!! Decorations go up next week BUT I don't know how long they will last as we have 2 little kittie rascals in the house now. So no presents waiting under the tree this year, but I'll bring them down in the morning!! Got so much wrapping to do but getting excited now :D

Floris

Staff member
You most fun of the year i am sure, come do my apartment!

• Haha

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've started, little bits here and there, but I'll do it gradually over the next few weeks.

Floris

Staff member
I got gradient light strip, so i wanna hang that up behind the curtain to get an ambient xmas colors glow in the apartment. and maybe put some decorations on the windows again