Christmas shoppings: Why is it so stressful?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Based on how offline life is going, I doubt I will have a Christmas this year. I don't know why I would :(
Everything's changed in the last few years.

• Sad
Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My mother is almost done, must need a game or jigsaw to go with it. I'll talk to my dad see if he wants his (now) usual meat hamper this year. Thinking of getting my brother something like an English heritage membership.

Floris

Staff member
i've decided i am not going to bother with christmas this year.

Floris

Staff member
You'll still have to open a box full of pressies though :p
no, nix, stop sending me stuff !! you're making me feel so guilty - especially when i dont want to celebrate it. meh

• Sad

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
More pressies bought, however I could use an idea or two for Abbs!

Floris

Staff member
On Amazon UK I can now only use a credit card, I used to borrow the one from my father, but that one expired. I have no access to a credit card anymore. So I am not sure how I would go about doing this now. Especially after Brexit, if I order something here now and ship it, it will have customs/import fees.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Decided on a few more gifts, but not bought yet, sent a message about one though, so that'll depend on the reply.

Floris

Staff member
I got the list on a msg from nix, ill have a look later and maybe just pick something and paypal nix the money to get it for abbie.

• Love

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I want to try and finish most of the shopping next week when I get paid, there's a few I'll have to get in December like the membership one for my brother.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Been paid so more presents bought, may have to rethink my brother though, looked at English heritage and national trust, and nope not spending that much on them!

• Haha

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I need to write a list of who has what and who I still have to get.

My dad is still to get
Brother and partner is mostly done, just need a small gift to go with their joint gift.
Need to get 3 small gifts for friends children. But have an idea for that.
Got a birthday and Christmas gift for a friend to get, but waiting to see if she gets a sewing machine in the black Friday sale.

I think that's it!

Floris

Staff member
Nicely done, sounds like your christmas will be fun. I will probably have a glass of water that day and wait for january 1st. lol

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Christmas day itself will be quiet, or at least I hope it will be! Buying the gifts is the fun part of Christmas and I want it done while I have the funds.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My dad is still to get
Brother and partner is mostly done, just need a small gift to go with their joint gift.
Need to get 3 small gifts for friends children. But have an idea for that.
Got a birthday and Christmas gift for a friend to get, but waiting to see if she gets a sewing machine in the black Friday sale.

Everytime I get an idea for my friends 3, I decide I don't like it!

Floris

Staff member
I am struggling to even find one thing, maybe i should just buy a mug saying "post on omgboards.com" and give that to them.

• Haha

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I am struggling to even find one thing, maybe i should just buy a mug saying "post on omgboards.com" and give that to them.
Have a look on etsy, that's where I do a lot of shopping.

Floris

Staff member
Have a look on etsy, that's where I do a lot of shopping.
Anything we buy online now over 22 euro gets 21% income vat through customs. If i can't buy it locally or from amazon, i can't get it basically. etsy shop owners usually dont seem to even know about this.

nix sent me a gift the other week and i got charged 9 euro lol.

• Sad

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Anything we buy online now over 22 euro gets 21% income vat through customs. If i can't buy it locally or from amazon, i can't get it basically. etsy shop owners usually dont seem to even know about this.

nix sent me a gift the other week and i got charged 9 euro lol.
You can search on Etsy for shop location though, I only buy from UK sellers, so you can look at country specific places.