Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Do You Cook?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Joan, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Joan

Joan Don't Blink Donator

People seem surprised that I cook so much as I live alone, do you cook everyday? I usually make two portions of a meal, and that's what I'll have, so day two isn't as much cooking, but I do cook pretty much everyday. Tomorrow I'll make the pie filling for two pies (chicken and leek) but I'll do the extras and the pie lids (ready made puffy pastry) each day.

• Awesome Awesome x 1
  2. Nix

Nix Just a little crazy!! Staff Member

I suck at cooking. I hate doing it.

3. OP
    Joan

Joan Don't Blink Donator

I don't mind the cooking it's the washing up afterwards I hate!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

It is easier when you live alone to just say 'eh whatever', and make a sandwich or order out. Or to spend too much money on food.

Portion control, prepping your food, etc. It's an effort, but it's worth it.

Yeah I cook, but I cook what I know I can do well and is low risk of screwing up. I should really broaden my comfort zone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice