Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.13.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Donating to 1MB is now possible!

Discussion in 'Vote Servers' started by Floris, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    -- Real money as personal gift to show support information thread --

Hey there,

My name is Floris, and I am from the Netherlands.
    And for those who want to know, here's my PayPal page.

I have been running the Minecraft server since 2011 as a hobby. No advertisements, no pay2play, no pay for ranks, or any of that stuff. It's a hobby. And yes, that does cost me money. We however do not ask our players for any money. That said, a donation of any reasonable size is of course welcomed as it helps keep things going.

Your donation is a personal gift that goes towards the community. My community is the OMG forums, Discord live chat, and Minecraft Survival Server.

As with anything, having a hobby costs money. But that is fine. I really enjoy my hobby! I want you to enjoy it as well. Have fun playing! There are various ways you can contribute to our server. By being on-line and playing with friends. You can invite friends, or maybe ask around if others wish to join and play too (no spamming pls). You can also show support for us through voting for the server (see the other thread in this sub-forum or type /vote in the game). And very super optionally you can consider a donation if you want to do that. We currently have the option to do this.

We wish to keep the server running for the foreseeable future and if you as an adult wish to donate, or as a kid with the permission from a parent or guardian, you can do so through PayPal. Your support really means a lot to us and it is highly appreciated.

Thank you for considering a personal gift towards my PayPal account.

Donations of any (reasonable) size are welcome, and starting January 2019 any donation over €10 will be eligible to appear in Blue in the game as well as on Discord and the Forums. You may choose to remain anonymous of course.

Donations below 10 euro will not receive the blue role/rank/group update and are considered anonymous.

A donation is handled manually, so it might take up to a day to follow up on it. Just so you know.

Make sure you let me know you've donated by including your in-game name (playername) in the PayPal note or contact me directly in the game or on Discord.

Again, thank you for even considering it.

----- Floris -

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019 at 10:15 PM
  2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    What do I get when I donate?

You get the satisfaction of supporting the community. It's a thank you from you to me. <3

Additionally, if you donate below 10 euro, your personal gift is considered Anonymous.

And if you donate above 10 euro, your personal gift comes with a few cosmetic perks:
    - You will be tagged as a Donator on the OMGboards.com website.
    - You will be showing in an exclusive blue Role on the Discord Server https://discord.gg/KzTDhxv
    - You will be upgraded in the Minecraft 1MB Survival Server to a Blue-player group/rank.
    - On Minecraft the donator group is almost the same as the Green-player group/rank, there might be a couple of additional permissions.
    - You will get mentioned on Discord with a thank you (unless you specify you wish to remain anonymous).
    - You will get mentioned in the daily Changelog with a thank you (unless you specify you wish to remain anonymous).

Can I donate multiple times?

Sure, that's okay. If you wish to (for example) donate once a month or once a year, you're free to do so.

Can I buy a donation as a gift for another player?

Yes, but please ask first, so we can let you know we can help you realise this.

HELP, I donated but I am not getting the rank!

Sorry, we manually review incoming donations, please allow us some time to set you up. If something went wrong please feel free to contact me on Discord or on this forum, or even on the Minecraft game.

Headsup! Things are about the change!

This is a headsup that we've recently announced that we're considering to make the donator group exclusive and no longer accept donations from 2020 onwards, OR, that we continue to accept donations, but increase the minimum amount (for the blue group update) from 2020 onwards.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roberto

Roberto OMG Member

Threads:
    Personal gifts towards the OMG/MRF/1MB/Discord are used to cover the cost of running things. From domain renewals, to investing in a developer, resources, covering hosting costs and other services, and buying back time that's personally invested through the satisfaction of eating a pizza slice.

A personal gift through a PayPal donation of any size helps to keep things moving forward.

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Heads Up: As previously announced, we're considering to either drop the donation option in 2020 at some point, OR increase the minimum from 10 euro to a much higher number. This as a way to make the donator group more exclusive and to cover the increase in costs. We were also considering to introduce a subscription option, and a couple of other things.

Now that it's October, we've had some time to think, as it stands now (meaning this might still change) this is what we might update to in 2020. I felt it was only fair giving everybody a heads up. And to answer a couple of questions I've received since then.

- Will you 100% drop the option to donate in 2020?
    Yes and no. We were considering to 100% drop the option to donate a personal gift starting January 1st, 2020. We decided to not drop it on that date, but revisit this Spring 2020 (and then perhaps Summer 2020, etc). You will still be able to donate between now and at least throughout this upcoming winter season.

- Will I be able to become a temporary donator?
    No. We were considering to offer this as an option, but for a couple of reasons we've decided against this. One random example being: We want someone who has been so kind to have donated to show as a donator. We do not want someone to donate temporarily just to (i.e.) buy into access to a few more /sethome locations. We're not that type of server.

- If I donate 10 euro or more before December 31st, 2019, will I still show as donator?
    100% yes.

- Will the minimum amount to show show go up in 2020?
    Yes, quite likely. It might even get doubled.

- If you discontinue the donate option, will I stop being a donator?
    No! If you've donated enough to show up as a donator, you will keep that. We're not removing people from their groups.

- Can I pay to become a builder rank?
    No.

- Can I be sneaky and use this heads-up knowledge to get in at a lower cost, even though the price goes up?
    Yes. You can donate any amount you want to show us support through a personal gift. If you wish to show up as a donator, in 2019 the minimum is 10 euro, this minimum will get raised in 2020. You're free to consider a donation at any date.

- Can I still donate even if you guys have stopped giving our blue donation colors?
    Yes. Of course. If we indeed decide against the donation option, we will still accept donations. But you won't show blue on the forums, discord or in-game. We would still be able to use your support to cover the costs of running a community.

- Then why stop it?
    Things in life always change and move forward. This is a way to offer exclusivity to those veterans who've helped us from the start, and have stuck with us ever since. Another reason is that we are just not that type of community, and I feel uncomfortable even having donation option. And another reason for me to reconsider is that we've noticed an increase in people donating, because they feel it gives them in-game perks. Which is not why we do it. A donation is a way to show support. Not to get perks.

Any further questions? Feel free to ask.

Please note that it's not January 1st, 2020 yet. Any of this information is subject to change.

If you wish to show support before January 1st, 2020, then the minimum to show blue is still 10 euro. And again, any amount is welcome, because every little bit counts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice