EzIRC - IRC Chat Add-on for XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNN_imported

OMG Member
What is EzIRC?
EzIRC is a chat add-on for vBulletin. It's provided access to IRC chatrooms and servers for a few years now.
EzIRC has made the conversion to XenForo, and it's better than ever! EzIRC is now more secure, more reliable, and is supported by the ezirc development team, xenfans, and many other users.
EzIRC supports only one client for now - that is Mibbit. In the future we will most likely add some more clients for end-user productivity on your chatroom.

Why should I choose EzIRC?
EzIRC is the most simplistic option, as we allow the end-user to simply be able to press 'Connect' and go. Even better, it's easy for you to configure your IRC options in moments, setup statistics, and continue upon your business.
It takes approx. 1-2 minutes to install and configure, and the end-user will love the ability to chat.

What IRC Network should I choose?
Personally, I would have to say you should choose vbirc. Our network has many experienced operators, netadmins, support operators, and just experienced users. We welcome you to our network with open arms, and hope you enjoy using our network.

If you have any questions, feel free to post it here :) Thank you for considering EzIRC - and welcome to the new revolution of forum software. :) Found a bug? Report it!

Demo: http://xenfans.com/chat/
Download: (1.0.1) http://vbirc.com/xenforo/

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Excellent! Installed it here :)

SNN and the XenFans team have been in a good relationship for a while. Using the vbirc network that I run and our good contact with Mibbit, together with SNN putting together a live chat module for vBulletin and XenForo we're able to provide a free and easy to use officially supported product.

http://xenfans.com/pages/chat/

Myster Dude

Trusted Member
Awesome Souce.

More interative options for XenFans. Now I can chat with you guys on the weekends :)

SNN_imported

OMG Member
1.0.1 has been released.

1.0.1 is a simple bugfix version; fixes SEO compatability (can now index.php?ezirc/ and regular ezirc/) and enables custom URLs (with the change of a route prefix)
I will be posting instructions / a video on how to change the url (and the route prefix)

Enjoy :)

Floris

Staff member
Would be cool if the "Live Chat Members Online" side block was collapsed by default ^_^
And also if we could list an array of bots or users to exclude :)

SNN_imported

OMG Member
Would need to create something for the drop down - most likely just using jQuery with show() hide() .. will get a friend to help with the ajax for that. :p
nice idea about the users to exclude - will look into that.

Floris

Staff member
erhm, get the list of online users, explode($ezirc_allusers); the string to compare against $exclude_users
just an input field where you can do: apple,tv,database,operator
and then it would conditional if in_array($ezirc_user, $exclude_users); for each channeluser, i guess.

Floris

Staff member
Would need to create something for the drop down - most likely just using jQuery with show() hide() .. will get a friend to help with the ajax for that. :p
nice idea about the users to exclude - will look into that.

there's a collapse forum categories mod that also remembers via cookie, perhaps use something like that to auto collapse it, with option to remember to open it?

SNN_imported

OMG Member
erhm, get the list of online users, explode($ezirc_allusers); the string to compare against $exclude_users
just an input field where you can do: apple,tv,database,operator
and then it would conditional if in_array($ezirc_user, $exclude_users); for each channeluser, i guess.
Yeah, I was going to covert the stuff to an array eventually anyways and do such. That sounds just about right.
there's a collapse forum categories mod that also remembers via cookie, perhaps use something like that to auto collapse it, with option to remember to open it?
I could definitely have my friend make that in like 10 seconds.

Thanks for the suggestions, Floris :)

Edit; update - the exclude names now work, and updates the user count as it should.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Hmm, yeah it works on mine now after enabling and disabling debug mode.. must have refreshed something.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I guess the route prefix got muddled up or something. Another bug I found is enabling SSL will break it. (did for me)

RobParker

OMG Member
What's the difference between using this and just embedding the mibbit plugin into a page?

From what I can tell, this sets your IRC nick based on your forum username, is that the only real difference?

Floris

Staff member
Nothing much, this just helps you get a tab in the header, uses your forum name as irc nickname if available. And isn't /pages/Chat but /chat/

Floris

Staff member
Thanks for the feedback, and I am glad it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.