EzIRC - IRC Chat Add-on for XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
First post updated so the broken links are fixed.

Vodkaholic

OMG Member
Where is the main support place for this? on here xenforo or vbirc.com?
I think my server got banned for running a script and wanted to check if that was the case and why
Thanks

Floris

Staff member
You can use this thread, or create your own - here on xenfans.com
We tend to not ban services unless we suspect something, if you believe you got a ban surely we can look into it :) Since IP addresses are involved with ban blocks, I recommend to just start a PrivMsg with me.

Floris

Staff member
Your service happen to have the nick or ident "Sock" in it?

Vodkaholic

OMG Member
Your service happen to have the nick or ident "Sock" in it?
It was a php file which checked the channel and showed the a Number (10) for 10 users online. Maybe it thought it was a spam bot or something should I PM you my server's IP?
Thanks

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I'm definetly going to be adding chat to my community when I use Xenforo, I'm really addicted to vbirc chat at the moment, and I'm really looking forward to adding the chat to my own site :)

Thanks for the information :)

Floris

Staff member
It seems upon saving the latest update to mike.vbirc.com that it instead applied it to stats.vbirc.com
very strange .. a change we implemented yesterday.

It should point to "94.75.233.10" not the current IP.

macpro:~ MrFloris$ dig stats.vbirc.com

; <<>> DiG 9.6.0-APPLE-P2 <<>> stats.vbirc.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 44427
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;stats.vbirc.com.INA

;; ANSWER SECTION:
stats.vbirc.com.1800INA94.75.233.10

;; Query time: 26 msec
;; SERVER: 213.46.228.196#53(213.46.228.196)
;; WHEN: Tue May 10 16:09:25 2011
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 49

macpro:~ MrFloris$
Should be fixed now.

And thank you for reporting, our apologies for the mix-up, I will go check the namecheap log files to see where it went wrong.

gldtn_imported

OMG Member
I currently testing this and it seems to work fine, but I wan to register my channel using my own IRC client X-Chat(any one knows of good ones for mac?), but I can't connect using my own client to irc.vbirc.com

Code:
Looking up irc.vbirc.com
* Connecting to irc.vbirc.com (67.220.74.57) port 6667...
Connection failed. Error: Invalid argument

It just hangs on that..

Also how can I remove the add? I was testing XenHabla and it gives you the choice to use flash or ajax from server or mbit, with various colors and no ads, but lacks the usergroup permission this one has.

Miles312

Trusted Member
XChat-Aqua is a very popular one for Mac. I've also heard good things about Linkinus.
If you need any helping registering the channel, join the #help or #chat channel on irc.vbirc.com for assistance.
Found the problem: it was attempting to use an IP that's since been removed from irc.vbirc.com but DNS hasn't propagated. You can just try again and it should work fine.

Floris

Staff member
irc.vbirc.com is a round robin dns setup.
Despite removing the outdated echo.vbirc.com IP (which host is now a cname to mike.vbirc.com) from the pool, it seems that namecheap left it there.

Strange, but .. now fixed. The rrDNS means that if one is down, a few refreshes later the host has provided a new IP and that should work. limiting downtime potentially, dramatically.

gldtn_imported

OMG Member
Thanks guys, I was able to get in fine. Although not with XChat-Aqua, seems like some problem with my identd.. I currently using LimeChat which I liked it a lot, a modern BitchX feel to it :D

Although Linkinus seems nice!

Thanks!

Floris

Staff member
we do not check for identd though :p
well, it has to fit the irc protocol, so has to be short and simple, no extended ascii, but that s about it

gldtn_imported

OMG Member
that's strange.. about the identd, how long has the server been around? in my IRC days and mIRC scripting and Eggdrop TCL I used DALnet

Floris: do you guys allow LightIRC?

I'm trying to connect to vbirc with this other mod, but I get:

Code:
[17:46:58] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.vbirc.com (port 843).

Floris

Staff member
We do not have a publish flash.vbirc.com server yet. We are going to support it from this summer on.
I will ask the opers if they run an ircd with flash beta support yet.

Floris

Staff member
You'd have to go to mibbit.com, register, pay for a premium account, and use your own widget code. We've done so on vbirc.com/chat

Floris

Staff member
I think I pay either $25 or $50 for a year of no ads.

caponx

OMG Member
ok now try to post in the correct thread....

When i use this add on i get g-lined on quakeent. not sure why but i think i have seen this befor with chats intergrated on webpages.

any idea?

Floris

Staff member
Every error message could be different.
Perhaps you run something that listens on port 80 and it scans, thinking you're a proxy
Perhaps it required identd to run, which web apps don't always support.

I run my own network, we have no problems with open port 80 or identd.

point it to irc.vbirc.com (alt server irc.vbirc.org) and start your own channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.