Game Of Thrones

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
wow, can't believe I never posted a topic about this.

It's awesome, anyone else watched it?

Mikey

Staff member
I'm not sure. *googles*

Might be worth the read!

Penguin Soup

OMG Member
Hi,

Game of thrones has been brilliant.

With out spoiling it for others that may wish to catch up, How about last nights episode. Wow, Who would of thought.

Still, Looks like Jamie Lanister is now surplus to requirements.

Excellent series though and highly recommended.

- PS

Mikey

Staff member
Series 2 is epic so far! We're on episode 3 tonight..

They're really fleshing out the character of Tyrion. I love all the twists and turns :D

Who else is watching with me?

Fetter

More fun than a barrel of STDs
Show's good, books are better. Shame we're going to have to wait for three years (if not longer) for the penultimate entry. Martin better not pull a Jordan and kick the bucket before he finishes it all off.

Marcusfox85

OMG Member
Game Of Thrones is one of the best tv shows I've seen in along time I sat at mikeys Wednesday night and watched season 1

mistersilverio

OMG Member
I love this show. I have been watching it and reading the book. I got hooked after the first season finished and watched the whole season over a weekend. I can't get enough of it. Last week's episode Battle of Blackwater was great...Tyrion with his axe...haha!

Mikey

Staff member
I love this show. I have been watching it and reading the book. I got hooked after the first season finished and watched the whole season over a weekend. I can't get enough of it. Last week's episode Battle of Blackwater was great...Tyrion with his axe...haha!
Oh yeah it was, I hope thats not the final ep!

Basically, I liked the epsiode but hated that it was so dark. It focussed on one character which isn't something they do much, they usually go to Danyaeris, but they focussed on lannisters this ep :/

mistersilverio

OMG Member
I believe there is one, maybe 2 more episodes left this season. Yah, this last episode was pretty dark.

I like how the one knight with the burnt face is taking care of "littlebird" and our little Tyrion friend getting slashed actross the face. Seems like he's tired of all the killing. The end was epic...with Lannister father walking in with Stark (that was Rob, right?) I think there will be more Danerys (sp?) next episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Staff member
Spoilers! Lol. I have seen that ep but we're considerate about those who haven't, rofl. You could edit your post with [ spoiler ] tags if you like.. (no spaces)

I believe there is one, maybe 2 more episodes left this season. Yah, this last episode was pretty dark. I like how the one knight with the burnt face is taking care of "littlebird" and our little Tyrion friend getting slashed actross the face. Seems like he's tired of all the killing. The end was epic...with Lannister father walking in with Stark (that was Rob, right?) I think there will be more Danerys (sp?) next episode.
Did he actually come in with Robb? I was falling asleep at the end cos I was watching it in bed! I think I may re-watch this ep. Did Tyrion die? All we see is his face being slashed, there was a bit where he dramatically had his eyes go dim, im mighty confused.

mistersilverio

OMG Member
Sorry about the spoiler. I need to work on my forum etiquette.

I believe it was Rob, but I could be wrong. Tyrion just gets slashed in the face. He ends up having a nasty scar in the rest of the book from what I heard, but I haven't got there yet.

Mikey

Staff member
Right, definitely need to rewatch that last episode then!

Mikey

Staff member
Wow, what a great episode

I was shocked when Maester Luwin got stabbed.

:(

FINALLY, WHITE WALKERS! :D

Marcusfox85

OMG Member
Emilia Clarke who Plays Daenerys Targaryen

Signed a non nudity clause after season 1 ended as her family didn't like her being nude in season 1

wind_drifter

OMG Member
I just finished watching season 1 and 2 of Game of Thrones and I am very much addicted to the series (and Season 3 is still showing next year), I think I’m going to start reading the novels. Are they any good? Should I start reading part 3 or is it better to start from the first book?

crossunitedfate

OMG Member
Everyone keeps talking to me about this show. Yet, I still haven't seen it yet. I don't even know what channel and time the thing comes on.

Jessi

OMG Member
I just started watching it not that long ago. I figured that Season 3 would be coming out this upcoming season, so I should probably give the show a chance before then so I can watch it with everyone else later. So far I'm liking it, but it's not something I can really watch while I'm working. I need to give it more attention than that, so I'm not fond of not being able to multi-task it as well.

kobaja

OMG Member
Yeah Jessi, the series are fairly condensed and you have to pay attention in order to catch more things.

I think that is the case because the books are LONG, and each new one seems like double the size of the old one. The trick is that sometimes the characters that are on the sidelines and are barely mentioned later make all the difference.

I love the books, love the show :) . Can't wait for March and season 3!

Neru

OMG Member
I really like Game of Thrones. I read the first two books before I began to watch the tv show though, so I did struggle with the series for a little while. I had ideas about the characters, and it took several episodes for me to adapt to them. There were some characters that I thought they nailed and others that I have been disappointed by. The tv show, however, made me appreciate many of the characters more. I'm just about to finish the third book now. ^__^

Mikey

Staff member
So how about that red wedding?

Anyone still here who is following Game of Thrones? :D