• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

mcMMO XP events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
This thread is to inform you of current or upcoming mcMMO XP events.

mcMMO is an RPG plugin to Minecraft. It gives players in-game extra perks for being active and awesome. The more you shovel, mine, farm, and fish, the higher your double drops, repair skill, and other rankings will be.

Double drops are for example pretty darn handy. Imagine if you mine a lot and find a diamond ore. Normally you get an extra drop (or two) for using a Fortune III pick axe. But with /mining skill higher, your double drop chance increases, heck, even your triple drop! Imagine that one ore give you two diamonds - almost every time?

The commands to keep an eye on are /mcstats, /mctop, and /mcrank.
Every skill listed under /mcstats is also a command, like: /mining and /herbalism.
Typing those skillname commands will disclose what is locked, unlocked, which level of that skill is needed, and it should have some pages with help explaining what to expect for that skillname.

Not to mention, extra drops, the higher your shoveling for example, the more you can get from it, like music disks, glowstone dust, etc. And fishing helps your repair skill by the way, and as fishing levels go up, so does the treasure loot. You might get something more than wood swords now, like, iron chestplates with awesome enchants.

The mcMMO XP rate is always at 1. Except during an XP event.

An XP event will be publicly announced, and that is in this thread, as well as in-game.
It will tell you that it's on, and what the rate is, double xp events are the most common. Triple events are rare, and quadruple events probably don't happen more than once a year (so don't miss it!).

The more you play, the higher you rank. With /mcrank and /mctop you can see your rank vs other players. Giving you something to aim for.

Pro tip: /party
mcMMO party mode is awesome. Start a party with your friends, and if you are close to each other and your party level is high enough you can benefit from sharing items, sharing exp, etc. Party level 50 is the highest I believe, unlocking all the party features. Become a party leader for your friends today and ask mrfloris in-game how to get started.

When will there be XP events? Well, they should be very incidentally, but I love them myself so much that they occur more often than they should. At least once a month. There might be occasions when the server has a certain amount of players online that it gets triggered automatically. But I might have already said too much. Sometimes I will get online with Mistic_Ice and we see players active, and we just turn it on for the evening or for a few hours.

The last post of this thread is the most up to date post in regards to XP events. The thread prefix 'over' means there's currently not an XP event, and 'active' means it should be turned on in-game.

How do I know it's turned on?
Well, check this thread, when it says 'active', but in-game? Just join or reconnect to the server, when you connect it should say in orange letters.

Floris

Staff member
Single XP event: This is the default rate: Always on.

Floris

Staff member
[edit] This event is now over. Paprikaatje and teh_red_fox made the most of the /mining skill

January : Double XP hours.

Throughout January we will have random days in the week that we will turn on double XP and introduce the mcMMO feature to new players.

The test server (for legacy usergroup) will have the latest configuration file for mcMMO, please test it in survival mode to the max, double xp is on 24/7 but stats will be reset February 1st)

Floris

Staff member
[edit] This event is now over. hilaireofastora made the most of it.

February : Double XP weekend [1/2]

In the first week of February we will open up double xp on Friday to Saturday morning.

Rewards:
- Unlocked a /warp <name> together with teh_red_fox

Last edited by a moderator:

Floris

Staff member
[edit] This event is now over. And teh_red_fox was the first player to break power level 1000+

To share the love we will turn on double xp for Valentines weekend. Make sure you've started a /party or am in one, so you and your friends (or.. significant other) can play together to make the most of it.

Well okay, the 14th is on a Tuesday, so we will turn it on for the 11th and 12th.

February : Double XP weekend [1/2]

Rewards:
- Unlocked a /warp <name> with hilaireofastora

Floris

Staff member
[edit] This event is upcoming.

March : Triple XP hour

Yep, you are reading that correctly. The end of the Winter is here, and it's almost Spring time. But it might still be quite cold outside. What a better way to get warm fast than to get your friends online and grind extra levels with a triple xp hour.

Fishing party? Mining group? Check with /mcstats what skills will be available.

Date: Right now, early March. We will narrow it down as we get closer.

Floris

Staff member
[edit] This event is now over.

Today to compensate for the server being in Maintenance mode, we will turn on double XP for a few hours. Note: Fireworks should no longer cause player damage.

Floris

Staff member
[edit] This event is over.

To celebrate the March events we will turn on double xp on the second Saturday of March.

[little reschedule: due to sister's birthday this got pushed to the second saturday]

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
[edit] This event is now live!

May!

We are celebrating Spring and the nearby Summer, with a Double XP event today.

May has started, so come online for xp rates that fluctuate as much as this weather.
Temporarily the rates can go up between 1 and 4. Online players will benefit the most from this obviously, so don't miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.