Quick Site News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Quick Site News: November 27, 2011.

The hosting solution for XenFans has been paid last year with the help of donations, my own money and funding from my parents. From people that support my project, our project. The bill can't be paid in 2012, and this means that 2 months ahead of renewal that this dedicated solution has to get cancelled. I've done so today.

The end-date is February 1st, 2012. Giving me two months to find a sponsor for 2012, or an affordable solution with Linode.com or Leaseweb.com.

As mentioned earlier this year I will try to improve transparency with xenfans, this is one of those decisions where I decided to include the community.

Worst case scenario, I end up hosting on a very cheap vps hoping it helps me run the site in 2012.
Best case scenario, I find the funding and a matching vps/dedicated solution to run the site in 2012.

A bigger percentage of my time in 2012 will be spend on other elements on my life, but xenfans won't go away just like that. The site can remain open with the efforts of the team, premium and regular members.

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site News: November 30, 2011.

Preparations for content creation in 2012 are being made from December on. I've made a start today.
Final drafts for the articles in December and the Newsletter are being reviewed before making them public.

The "old" products forum has been merged with the "new" products forum. And has now replaced the "old" one. The url portion is set to 'products' in preparation for the December forum structure review/changes.

The spam from this year has been reviewed, processed and deleted from the site. The statistics from today 11,200 posts, are without archived spam. Of course, we still have archived staff and user discussions from 2010/2011. Some other maintenance to the archive/ has been done as well, but that's of no interest to you guys.

Because we want to keep XenFans.com online and moving forward in 2012 without much of my interaction it's important that I prepare for 2012 early, write out the internal and public policies and set the pricing ahead of time. I do invite you to share your resources, articles, tips, experiences, questions and fun chats on our forum. The more active it is, the more reason we have to keep things running.

Please note that any of our quotes, pricing, team positions, advertising, premium memberships, etc are all to expire on December 31st, 2011. And that per 2012 we might have some updates on these (or not). We've got a pretty good idea what we want in 2012 (yes, we go by an internal roadmap) and we're ironing out these ideas into decisions that help us, and you, and future visitors. No, we're not abandoning our team, you or our premium membership, just letting you guys know (for sake of transparency) that a new year is coming and this means it's time to review what we have, and how to approach it in the new year - based on the new situation of my available new time, and everything involved in running a site.

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site News: December 8, 2011.

From the beginning we've taken XenForo and XenFans serious, despite that XenFans.com is a hobby site. However, we knew that we were new to the XenForo game. Despite having years of experience with community software, importing between them, and administrating the sites on the front-end as well as the back-end of the server it runs on.

We decided internally on prices vs value map. and decided to help early adopters to convert early and quick - to the best of our knowledge. The reality is that I then decided that any price will get cut in half, and then some. As the year progressed we made a few adjustments as our experience grew. And when XenForo 1.0 became stable so did our pricing. We announced that we wouldn't make any further updates until the end of the year. Even with us offering it at around 50% off.

It's now the end of the year, and this is a heads up that we will adjust the products / services / and account pricing early 2012. Details will follow. The schedule is to set new pricing for early 2012, and to adjust them summer 2012 one more time.

We've created great unofficial partnerships with third party sites and individuals and constantly refer to them where we can't help (and visa versa). XenForo isn't a cut throat universe, it's one big group of guys and girls doing teamwork to help you achieve what you're trying to do with your community.

In other news; the monthly newsletter will be short and sweet, and soon out of the door. Our articles will soon be published. And we will slightly organize the site to be ready for 2012.

Come post. Create new threads, new conversations. Check out profiles and talk to your friends. Ask questions, we can help. 2012 we will introduce more articles, video walkthroughs, polls and interviews.

XenFans sits on top of XenForo.com, and is part of the XenForo universe. We have in 2010, we are in 2011 until the end, and with your help we will remain so in 2012.

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site News: December 10, 2011.

The monthly newsletter has been mailed. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year everybody.

The next version of our staff page has been made public; http://xenfans.com/pages/team/
It's still not 100% how I want it, but it's up to date at least, and has the new html5-shell around it.

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site News: Saturday, December 17, 2011.

Our team will be around on the site during December when they can. Personally I will be around for XenFans again in January.

Floris

Staff member
Update: January 2012
The XenFans.com Community is running in Archive mode,
allowing you to login, view discussions and download attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.