• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

Summer 2020 : An unstable Mining world

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Brave 1MB miners, this message is for you!

Us, as a community, have been grinding through layers of walls, raided mineshafts, faught enough Creepers and Skeletons, and escaped Volcano eruptions, mined its ores, but the heat and activity has caused for a dangerous and unstable Mining world.

Be careful when you mine, your inventory and exp will not keep when you die.

Not only does the mining world at /mine bring familiar land from 1.16.1 fantastic loot boxes, mineshafts, maybe a mansion? But it comes with villages that you can raid for resources, and villagers to trade with; And the mobs are ready to defend their overrun structures and loot chests. It comes with a Crazy family that's rather tough to defeat if you're not paying attention. Some mobs will looks different, some will damage different, some will do their best to make you lose your items.

If you are in control of your bow skills, if you have sharpened your sword well enough, if your axe skills are undefeatable, you - or you and your team - are perhaps the only one that could defeat this family in the Summer of 2020. Maybe go mine with a friend, just to support each other.

The Mine world is a ages old realm in the overworld of Minecraft so you expect overgrown by fauna there, underground, changing caves into an overgrown aesthetic. You can tell it's a whole new dimension (sorta). The more you travel, the more people join, the more you will notice slight changes here and there. And yes, mobs too. Be mindful, there might just suddenly be blindness, magma blocks, or even mobs spitting lava.

.. not to mention cave ins!

Let me introduce you to these monsters you will encounter every once in a while in these Caves that are inhabited for a long time and now grow vines, stalagmites, and generate pebbles to make caves look more cavey and run down.

Alpha spiders
Kings of the spider nation. They can poison you on attack, web you, and even summon minions to help attack. They are very dangerous in small spaces due to the fact that they can web you stuck if you are not careful.
summer1.png

Smoke Demon
Smoke Demons are the souls of many miners who have died in gas leaks. Due to their unrest, they hunt you down in the form of a shapeless cloud of poisonous gas. However, bright lights can kill them.
summer2.png

Magma Monster
A monster so hot it scorches the land it walks on. Also sets you on fire if you are hit by it so watch out.
summer3.png

Watcher
A monster that jumpscares you if you are not careful. If you look away from it while it is attacking or following you, it will teleport in front of you and jumpscare you. Dangerous with other mobs around, but easy to kill alone.
summer4.png

TNT Creeper
A project gone wrong by scientist. During a attempt to increase the explosion power of creepers, some creepers learned to build TNT out of their surroundings and increase their explosion power themselves. When the creeper explodes, one to two TNT will appear and also explode causing triple the explosion power.
summer5.png

Dead Miner
Miner who couldn't find his way out of the caves below. Eventually by some unknown way, he was resurrected as a zombie and now stalks the caves looking for other miners to join him. While he walks around, he will place torches if it gets too dark. He also drops items from time to time when he is hit.
summer6.png

These, and a more crazy monsters will have their mind set on you. So you don't make it back home.

Defeat these monsters, go to the /mine, fight until one of you dies. or win and kill to receive the well earned loot.

When caving, the lava in caves brings the temperature to at least 200,000 C (trust me i'm a scientist). Because of this, when low underground your character will complain and you'll fatigue every now and then. To avoid this from happening, bring either a water bucket, potion, ice, snow, or maybe a rabbit's foot, I don't even know right now. Ask others what they've figured out has helped.

Tiny little structures that spawn throughout caves to make exploring more interesting. Chests that can spawn in these structures contain items that you need to survive, or loot that you might desire.

If you work as a team, maybe be nice and spread the loot you earn. Plus, your adventure will be a lot easier and more fun.

This new /mine dimension is tougher, because it's a Heatwave edition. Just keep that in mind.

Don't forget your blast protection and other survival potions, maybe brick a bucket of water?

There are no signs or info besides this thread, so learn from each other.

This is the thread to leave feedback, suggestions, complaints, but we especially encourage you to show evidence that you are slaying these new mobs: Post those videos, livestreams, and screenshots.

Best of luck fighters, may chance, luck, and fortune be on your side.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
This event is now live, during September 2020, until Fall Season 2020 starts.

QUESTIONS? Post them here in the forum, or in our #Support channel on Discord, there's also the Discord #events channel

Caves Aging
Caves that are inhabited for a long time grow vines, stalagmites, and generate pebbles to make caves look more cavey and run down.

Cave-Ins
When very, very low underground you should bring a rabbit foot with you to avoid cave-ins from happening. Once a cave-in happens, the cave around you collapses with a deafening blast while blinding you in the process.

Depth Hypoxia
When caving, there's not so much air to breath, and items in your backpack are felt heavier. Because of this, when low underground your character will complain and you'll fatigue every now and then. I wonder if a bucket of water helps.

Ambient Sounds
Sometimes while exploring a cave a creepy song will play or you'll hear strange sounds. A few examples would be water dropping, someone saying "oh" softly, or a spooky music disc playing lowly.

Custom Structures
Tiny little structures that spawn throughout caves to make exploring more interesting. Chests that can spawn in these structures contain items that you need to survive, so living only in a cave is now possible without traveling to the surface. There are currently 36 different structures, hopefully you find at least one.

Special Mobs
Caves can be scary, so in order to make them as scary as possible plugin devs added some spooky mobs. For now there's more than a handful new monsters.