• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

The '1MB Fun' game

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
You might have noticed the '1MB Fun' feature suddenly showing up when there's a bunch of people online. When there's enough activity it turns on and starts asking random questions from various categories.

This is a fun way to make the chat more interesting. While at the same time earning a chance to get some money or bragging rights when you get a question right.

Based on how fast you reply and a handful of other conditions, you will find yourself with an item, maybe some money, or some /points. Have you received a fancy-sword yet?

Well, in 2019 we're happy to say that 1MB Fun is still with us from time to time. But, from what we've learned in 2018 is that it's rather picky. Or simply wrong! Sometimes you say Banana Fruit while the answer was Banana. You probably will feel a bit upset by that. Yeah, it can be quite the troll this 1MB Fun. I am also sure from all the times you did get the answer right, that once in a while 1MB Fun is just wrong! I mean, we all make mistakes.

Anyway, it's quite boring to receive a bit of TNT, though I am sure some people would love some TNT. However, maybe you have a suggestion?

This thread is a- to tell people about this feature, and show them how it works (for this, please see the additional information below. b- to be open to suggestions when you believe you got a question right but the bot was just very picky, or simply wrong! And c- to let you guys post some suggestions for fun rewards of various types.

Feel free to register on the forums if you haven't already, and post your complain (with a screenshot of what happened in the game please), or post that the bot had the wrong answer (and please include a screenshot too). Or just post your suggestion for a reward!

Hopefully together as a community we can make the questions and answers better, and in return give you some more fun prizes for when you get the question right.

Okay, how does it work? Very simply. You see 1MB Fun post the question, you just type the answer. That's all. Just press the t in the game to chat, like you usually do. Then type the answer, and it will tell you if you are right; IF you are the first person to get it right.

For example:

1MB Fun > Math: What is 2*3+1
mrfloris says: 7
ilujf: 7
1MB Fun > Congratulations, mrfloris was the first to get it right.

The reward(s) will be paid out immediately (so make sure you have space in your inventory, just in case)

Questions? Ask!

Have fun!

Vloop

Patron
This is the relationship I'm talking about. First, Fun makes you think you are the best, then slowly he will start pesting you off... Just because. This boi is a saddist.
:D

Floris

Staff member
The above mentioned are reviewed, and properly adjusted. Thanks for reporting!
I've credited your account with +4000 /money and +4 /points

Floris

Staff member
Question: '&9Minecraft: Do zombie pigmen spawn anywhere besides the nether?'
Answers:
- 'true'
- 'true'
- correct

PFFF

true
yes
correct

CHANGED

Floris

Staff member
The above mentioned are reviewed, and properly adjusted. Thanks for reporting!

Keep reporting these please! :)

Floris

Staff member
Big update!

We now have 4 more modes:

- First to break a certain block
- First to place a certain block
- First to kill a certain entity
- First to consume a certain item (eating)

Floris

Staff member
Yes, during events we randomly turn on the 1MB fun bot for a 15 to 30 minutes, with various things like hang man and math questions, or break a block.

For the December event we run it daily for 15 minutes in the first week. It's likely that the last week of the year will also have some daily fun bot questions and tasks.

Nice to see an interest in it.