Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.12.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

The 1moreblock.com 2.4 Summer Update

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Whooo, we've done it! The server has been upgraded to version 2.4 of 1moreblock.com, and that means it's time for the Summer Update. Come join us as we play daily on our #minecraft server.

Official version right now is: 1moreblock, version 2.4, with support for Minecraft 1.9 all the way up to version 1.12. Of course, it's strongly recommended to connect with version 1.12.

There are a lot of changes behind closed doors that benefit the players as well as the team members. And there are a lot of features that players can use right now. And gosh, even so much more to come. Check back frequently this Summer of 2017 to find out what's new, and new , ... and new.

We have worlds, game modes, improved RPG, economy, l00t boxes, a new menu for easy navigation, world protection for active regular players with awesome builds. We have events, achievements of all sorts, and skills you can level up. We will soon have perks, ranks, races, and jobs to push the server to the next level.

But that's not all 1MB 2.4 comes with, not just a software update to 1.12, not just an updated /spawn area, new warps, (and soon new kits), and all sorts of features and software improvements, we're upgrading the hardware as well. Now that I think of it, I should have called it version 3!

We are moving from a core2duo CPU and outdated RAM, a less than 1GB of GPU card, and an old dying slow HDD to a new i7 CPU with much faster RAM, a GPU with 8GB on it, and a new 1TB SSD chip able to read and write around 2G/sec. Yup, the hardware upgrade is here as well. The server will go from java 7 with a little bit of 64bit on a little bit of 64bit OS, to a fully 64bit system, with java 8 with full 64bit support and u... stop talking mrfloris, you're geeking out.

Version 2.4 of 1MB is here, and with more to come. We have hardware, software, and feature updates that benefit us all. This means more servers, more worlds, more events, more groups, no world border in /general, and an amazing Summer filled with gameplay ahead of us.

Please come join us, and if you have never played Minecraft, get the PC/Mac version and jump on the server. We are there to help. We have an amazing group of regulars that join in their timezone every day, so there's always someone to play with. And friendly staff to help out. If you're alone on the server, well, invite a friend! Share on social media and the communities you're part of that they can come play with you (just don't spam). And if you need help, and there's no staff online, feel free to use the forums on omgboards.com and ask away. And, if you are a parent with a kid that would love to play, you and your family are welcome. We're a family friendly server, basically for all ages. So there will be no bullying, harassment, racy or inappropriate content. Yep, I am rambling again. I am just excited.

But words do not justify what we can show you, and neither do pictures. So stay tuned for some videos later this Summer. Pfff, stay for events, for new features, for friendships, for gameplay.

So jump on the server at 1moreblock.com (default port 25565) and you will be in /spawn where you can safely explore. To build, just go to /general and find a spot that isn't being used by others and call it your home. Invite your friends and build a community. To browse around the worlds and all its features, type /menu (or just right click the nether star in your inventory).

The more you are online, the more active you are, the more you build. The higher you level up on all sorts of things, from mcMMO skills, to getting richer in /money, to getting rewards from l00t boxes, or finding out about events, ... I just can't imagine you end up being bored.

Here is /spawn, you can always get back to this spot. It will have fancy blocks, a fun little town to explore, and some signs with information about the server, its features, and what's new.
    spawn1.png

We have recently added a new floating island, among a few other things, to /spawn, have you explored it yet?

spawn2.png

And if you stay long enough for the night to fall, you might just get an amazing view.

spawn3.png

Before I show the other worlds that have had an update, let me introduce you to the new 1MB /menu that's new to version 2.4

You can click on all the items in there, some will bring up more menus to browse through. There are dedicated one for warps, kits, worlds, achievements, ..

1mb menu.png

Okay, once you've found a spot in the /general world to call your own. You might need resources, you can break anything in the mining world, the end, and the nether. These three worlds are temporary worlds. Made especially to find amazing resources. Just type /mine, /end or /nether to jump to their spawn point. Or use the /menu of course.

Let's start with /mine, since that's recently been reset as well. The old /warps and /homes you might have set to it still work, but this is the new spawn point for /mine that comes with all the 1.12 blocks you can want.

spawn mine.png

Once you're out of the safety of the /mine town, be aware that there are scary monsters you might need to kill. So bring a sword or axe, and wear some armour. But, don't be afraid, they come with great l00t. They might drop their loot and a bag of gold. So fight them and win, and your /money will increase. Safe mining everybody!

Ok, not all the blocks are in the /mine world. Some require you to jump to another dimension. Such as the end or the nether. These two worlds have received a complete rebuild for 1.12 on a new seed. Their spawn has changed, and the dragon is there again to defend the end. (Have fun fighting the dragon! Are you and your squad the first?)

spawn end.png

spawn nether.png

When it is time to put your loot away and take a rest, there are some amazing worlds out there, currently unlocked to everybody to explore - but very limited to build in.. the new /sanctuary has some amazing looking landscapes where you can really find some #zen moments.

sanctuary1.png

sanctuary2.png

But I know, that's not everybody their cup of tea. So there's also a dark rough little town that's in ruins and has all sorts of mobs that demand fighting. So jump over to the hunting grounds for some dedicated loot hunting and mob hunting. Go well prepared, and feel free to use the resources of that world to build armour and protection. The best way to get loot safe is to place a chest and protect it, so only you can enter it. When you've been fighting long enough, and have enough loot then come find me, I can help you cary it to /general, something you won't be able to do alone.

spawn hunting.png

And hunting mobs isn't the only event we have. And we will have more. There's still an adventure map or two ready to be unlocked this summer. mcMMO tripple xp events, and a hardware event. Not to mention mini games, mob arena and all sorts of amazing stuff. But one you can start with is hunting, and the other is open right now and that's /skygrid. The /challenges is unlocked again. How's your acrobatics in a survival world that exploded in a million blocks?

skygrid2.png

Oh, and remember that I said there's some new warps and kits to come? One is the /warp guardian, this is a build by mrfloris (that's me!) and here's a sneak peak .. (psst, a great way to grind for /repair and combat skills, as well as gain massive amounts of xp levels)

guardian spawner.png

Okay, that's way way WAY more than enough information for now.

tl;dr (too long, didn't read!) Here's the short version:
    New software, new hardware, new features, new events, new everything! But, .. of course, same worlds, same people. Just better :)

Come mine, come craft, come play. Forever.