The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Took me nearly 7 minutes to empty and another 5+ to fill the dishwasher, but i did it!

Floris

Staff member
Took me 4+ minutes to get the stuff gathered up and in the washing machine.. this is a workout, i hate not being healthy

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Done 2 x clothes washing
Some washing up
Shopping amends
Coffees
Ordered food lol
Rubbish out

Floris

Staff member
Oh the dryer!

tnx nix for reminding me someohw.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Ahhhh property inspection on Tuesday!!! Clean, clean, clean!

• Wow
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
Ahhhh property inspection on Tuesday!!! Clean, clean, clean!
Best of luck :)

Today I've gathered up the trash, i tried to sleep well enough again, and i cleared out the dryer. It's 10am now, maybe i can slowly clean the toilet room and the kitchen. Have a shower later.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've got some washing on, got to do;

Shopping delivery
Washing up
Clean floor
Clear table
Clean and tidy loo
Abbs has her covid 2nd booster this afternoon

Floris

Staff member
I have made progress in the kitchen. little, but i did. :D done for today. screw it.

• Haha

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Plan is to finish the kitchen today, then get the rest done tomorrow.

I might try to get more done today, but it'll depend on how I feel after work and what time I finish work, if I finish at 3 I should be able to get more done today

Floris

Staff member
Sunday

I moved all the items out of the bathroom and put them on the livingroom table. Giving me space to clean the bathroom a bit. Which i did. Will continue cleaning later. I also started pulling peeling paint from the ceiling so the worst is gone. And will repeat this later, since I now found the little stairs to help me reach it easier.

The computer data; i have some important files from 2003 onwards and the new drive from end 2020 is giving me a headache. I am now moving over the data to the new samsung 4tb i got during black friday 2021. Thankfully it fits. Time to organize my backups and make sure i dont have 50 versions lying around.

Computer table; I've gone through the pile of papers. Everything important I kept, everything unused I moved together, and everything else i threw out. Organized again! One thing I noticed was a pile of todo papers. Since it's a new year I will use them as a remidner of what to do this year, and i will soon find time to make a schedule for february.

Trash gathered up and dishwasher emptied, and left over dishes i didn't do by hand moved into dishwasher.

Laundry moved into washing machine but it's not yet enough to start it.

Had a nice shower last night, not showering today so I can work on the bathroom.

Okay, the news is in for APRIL for the renovation of the toilet room and bathroom. And in February they will come here for a review and information chat. So I have between now and that appointment in february to clean the bathroom and toilet room to a point it looks acceptable haha. Hence why i started. But my body and health isn't well. So I have to do it in baby steps. Each time I feel well I just do something for a few minutes until i feel it's too much and i take a break - hopefully repeating this a few times per day, each day until i am simply out of time. But every bit helps right.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Sofa cleared, hoovered and new cover put on.
Washing machine on.

Next up, washing up and work tops

Floris

Staff member
Found the stairs thing! nice.. the bigger one, safer.

Emptied the toilet room, and cleaned the plank. Reviewed the situation that needs extra attention so i can better plan.

Scrubbed the sink and stuff in the bathroom, so that start has been made.

Enough for a sunday to be honest, time for food, relaxing, not passing out, and i still have some minecraft maintenance todo. And of course finish s08 of castle haha.

Floris

Staff member
I feel so groggy~ the upstairs drilling woke me up.

Hopefully throughout the day I will find motivation and courage to tackle the ceiling in the bathroom.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've got one load of washing up to do, then it's a quick wipe over the worktops

Living room is half done, just got the behind sofa area to finish.

Bathroom floor and bath still to do

Need to put away any clothes that are dry from the airers and just a quick tidy in bedroom.

Most jobs are at least started

Floris

Staff member
15+ minutes of scraping the ceiling for lose paint, only done 10% probably. Cleaned the floor and I feel like I am dying. I am too old for this.
But I made a start, built experience, and will do another run later today. For now, Im going to lay down and relax so my body calms down again. Sheehs, even when i take my time for this and just try it for 5 minutes, i end up spending 15+ minutes and it exhausts me. I am so out of shape. Hopefully i burnt at least one calorie haha

Floris

Staff member
Back again, did 20 minutes this time, and now that i knew what to do, i was able to do 2 more locations. so i feel i am at 25% ish right now of what i wanted to achieve. What a mess. haha. but it's killing me to do this.

I cleaned up, but i will do a better job later tonight, and that's all i will do today. Unless i have this sudden urge around 7 pm to do one more corner. but if i dont rush it then i dont wear myself out and dont risk my health issues to trigger either. So maybe it's smart to continue tomorrow (i will still clean a bit better tonight though)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Got about 90% done and it'll have to be good enough. Guess I'll have to wait for the to email me if they have any issues

Floris

Staff member
Didn't get to scrubbing the ceiling today, yikes. Bummer. WIll focus on doing that tomorrow, i have to get up early for the grocery delivery anyway.

I did however clean more dirty spots on doors, and light switches and stuff like that ~ using "that pink stuff" scrubber.

I've put sprays in the nasty corners of the showers and used another spray to do the wall, let it soak in for 5 minutes and with cold water i rinsed it off (can't use warm, it will create a reaction and you get fumes that are harmful).

Scrubbed the radiator there, checked out what else needs to get done in the shower and i am glad i have made any progress at all to be honest. Still so much to do unfortn.

Gathered up the trash, tomorrow after groceries show up i will have more packaging i can throw out too - will throw trash away downstairs.

And I have laundry to do, it's not much, but i dont want it to start stinking.

I also filled up the dishwasher, will do a run tomorrow, it's nearly full now (so after breakfast).

For today, i am done with things, my heart goes brbrbrbrbr, not good.

Once heart calms down i am going to make a few small pancakes, and then i have a snack during a movie, and after the shower before going to bed, and for breakfast some cold pancakes with jam.

Floris

Staff member
Wednesday, couldnt' sleep last night, slept through the day ~ which kinda ruined my plans.

Anyway, at 9 pm I've been scraping another corner to do another 12% of the ceiling. I can already tell the bathroom is looking better, but I still need to do a lot. Baby steps I guess.

Just cleaned up the bathroom floor and took stock of corners that need extra attention. I will put stronger crap iin those spots before my shower. Then after 10 minutes ill rinse it off and wipe it off, hopefully that helps. Then a shower and we will see tomorrow again what's next on my list for the bathroom, I might have to give the toilet room some attention as well. If I upkeep that i can focus on the extra work that needs done.

Tididied the kitchen a bit, finished laundry, dishes, dryer, dishwasher. So I am up to date again.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've put on a wash load, done all the covid tests (Abbs still positive), put all the rubbish out bar 1 bag for tonight to go out and done shopping amends.

Got washing up to do
Supernatural to finish
Abbs blood sugar test to do

Floris

Staff member
Couldn't sleep again last night, and fall asleep finally at 10 am this morning. Now it's 6pm and dark outside and I haven't been able to work on the apartment. MEH. I will see what i can do right out of bed.

Last night at least I sprayed the walls and floor in the bathroom with some chemical cleaning crap and let it soak in again for about ten minutes and rinsed it off, so that's the second time I've done that. Ithen wiped the walls and stuff with a towel, hopefully getting anything left behind. So better than nothing.

I have to do one more ceiling scraping session and then it's time to get some soda+water solution and use a sponge on the ceiling to get rid of any fungus i can find, the best i can at least.. hoping i get nothing in my eyes.

Floris

Staff member
The floor has been cleaned, then I sprayed it and let it soak in,rinsed it off and wiped it off.

The bathroom that is.. and also the pipes, i sprayed them, got the mixture in water combo and a cloth and scrubbed the pipes, they're all pretty again, or rather.. they look better. this thankfully went easier than expected. so i made some progress. 50% of the bathroom done (for the pipes).

I've cleaned the floors again and taking a break. Maybe shower later.

Tomorrow when it's all dry again i will start with smoothing out the ceiling the best i can and cleaning the floor again. And probably finish the last corners of the pipes.

No idea yet how i am or canmove the washing machine etc out of the way to clean there, i might have to actually disconnect it all.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today I have to get back some normality!! Abbs is negative again so we out of isolation now :D

Today's list;

Clean bathroom & loo
Washing up
Clear table
Sort Abbs
Start sorting my room
Lasagne for dinner
Clothes washing

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today I have to get back some normality!! Abbs is negative again so we out of isolation now :D

Today's list;

Clean bathroom & loo
Washing up
Clear table
Sort Abbs
Start sorting my room
Lasagne for dinner
Clothes washing
LOL....

I've done nothing but help my friend prep for a P'doc appt on Tuesday... had a few coffees thats it...

Now for washing up and dinner lol

Status
Not open for further replies.