The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Kitchen and Living room today... after a FT call obviously! :p
Thanks for the ft call!

My back hurts now, but I made progress at least. I have rested and the paracetamol might be kicking in. Glad I took them.

The appointment got thankfully changed to the 5th, so now I have 50 hours to do all the stuff that needs to get done (instead of 10 days)

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
New day, I've done some stuff for Minecraft, to wake up and let paracetamol kick in. Because my muscles in my shoulder/back still hurt (yikes).

But I am out of days to clean now, so I have to clean the couch today, and move throw away the trash and some boxes, and heavy things (cry). But I will take it slow and not push myself.

Here we go.. we will see how far I get. Meanwhile, I will try to do more laundry if there's any. I will start cleaning the toilet, and I will do more dishes so the kitchen has more empty space and I can clean the sink area etc. Either today or tomorrow.

Fingers crossed this guy only needs to be in the livingroom and not require access to other rooms in this apartment, because: HAHA, that's a problem for another day.

Floris

Staff member
Update!

My back hurts!! :( Pout, but I am trying to not make it worse.

Cleaned the area *again* where they have to work.

Moved things out of the way, still got stuff to do.

Moved laundry to the bedroom for folding later. But at least it's out of sight.

Emptied dishwasher, and moved new stuff into dishwasher, it just finished, I will empty it in a bit, resting eyes now.

Cleaned the couch, it's less dusty, lol.

Moved everything in the coffee/tea/computer area back to how tidy it was last week.

Put stuff in trash, the bins are ready to be taken downstairs later.

Vacuumed the living room floor again.

Wiped off the dust from the equipment and guitars in the livingroom, so things look less dusty

Opened balcony door since the storm is over and I can air out the apartment.

Vacuumed the hallway really quick, so it' at least better than not having it vacuumed haha.

Cleaned the coffee machine.

Gathered up paperwork and made sticky notes with date/appointments, so I dont forget, and moved paperwork to a safe spot.

What I still have to do: Living room has some bags and boxes that need to get moved, it has some extra things I am working on that make it look very busy, and the livingroom table is still rather messy, i can sorta tidy that.

The other thing I want to start on today is the toilet, i didn't get to it, i need food, water, and my eyes need to rest. But when i am done emptying dishwasher i will do a first wipedown of toilet area and put the cleaning stuff everywhere and rinse that off 20 minutes later.

Once the chairs and some things are out of the way in the living room, I have space to put guitars in their place and that will help make things look nicer.

The 2nd half of the apartment, I can't imagine they need access to it, but the bedroom is a huge mess, hallway is busy, etc etc. But unless I have time tomorrow, I can't work on that. That's a problem for the 6th+ because on the 11th, 23rd, and 27th there's people who need access to that area.

Floris

Staff member
Update #2

Probably the last update today.

I've cleaned the computer table, made sure all the tech stuff is in one spot. I've made progress in the kitchen and emptied out the dishwater and washing machine. Progress.

It feels like I've done nothing, but it is what it is, and i've at least done something today. My back is not happy with me.

I've had three coffee and a sandwich, few pills. So, eh, yeh :D I will crash tonight. But that's ok, early night, early up and I get more done tomorrow (or rather, I have more time to do things more comfortable)

Minecraft maintenance for today is done. Just have to prepare for a new upcoming version, but there's no deadline for that.

Next today is moving trash downstairs at least, and then if I can deal with it move the bigger things downstairs. Oh, and the toilet, I forgot, damnit! Okay, I will do that after some water and 5 minutes rest.

Does craigslist or ebay trade bodies? I need a new one.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've only done clothes washing so far today. Got washing up to do and some tidying in the living room. Then lunch at 2/2.30 with a friend (I'm making). The rest of the day depends on mood and free time.
Tomorrow, well, lots to do!

Floris

Staff member
Yesterday was the hardware/software update day, I got everything sorted in time! Phew!

And it went well, it's all sorted. And hopefully it stays that way.

Now I get a day off, not cleaning anything. so my achy muscles can recover and my brain can rest. haha

I will be back, trust me! This thread ain't going away, because I have more appointments that require me to work on every single room in the apartment. *YIKES

I've only done clothes washing so far today. Got washing up to do and some tidying in the living room. Then lunch at 2/2.30 with a friend (I'm making). The rest of the day depends on mood and free time.
Tomorrow, well, lots to do!

Yeah tomorrow my laundry machine will be like: not again.. I also have to start thinking about getting rid of my old dryer. Make some room, so I can work on the .. NO NO . I have a day off, I will explain it all tomorrow. haha

Yeah you better get a crack on this weekend, do the best you can, so monday you will feel better about it. Best of luck Nix.

Floris

Staff member
Okidoki, I am back..

Yesterday I've purposely taken it easy, my back just isn't feeling it. I have completed other tasks that weren't so stressful, and kept up with regular cleaning. So yay for me I guess. But I am back now, and the new stress weeks have started.

Next appointment is here soon, but they just need access to a closet in the hallway and the living room, so that's no biggie. Most of that is done, and it's a 5 minute visit. I've worked on this. Giving me time to schedule out the rest.

After that, the next appointments are on the 24th and 27th, so that's giving me the evening of the 24th to rest, then 25/26th to finalize the last bits, and then I can rest for a week lol.

Between now and then is the 9th to 23rd, giving me 15 whole days, and I need a break too, so 14.. but I have about 18+ things in worth of days to do. So some scheduling and powering through is needed again.

I can help myself by keeping what I have tidy, just constantly keeping up with what I've cleaned the last week or two, and making sure I don't put myself into a situation. So I can focus on those rooms they need access to.

They need to go into closets with the meters, and the heaters in the rooms. There's one room they just can't go into, tough luck. There's too much stuff, and the stuff from clearing out those areas in these other rooms fill it up too. Shrug.

The living room I've done this morning, and I've just done the heater area, it's as good as it gets for today. So I am going to let that go and focus on the kitchen next. That together is 50% of the apartment. But trust me, there's still 2 weeks worth of other stuff to do.

The bedroom needs cleaning, tidying up, organizing a bit, and the heater area needs to be made accessible.

Oh by the way, the kitchen ventilation is getting inspected, replaced, whatever they show up for. And that means I have to figure out a way to get the greasy walls to be less dirty. It's quite terrible, oil of course goes in all directions. An extra scrubbing will be needed, and the air sucker thing, I want to remove it. I don't know how to approach that, that's tomorrow's problem.

There's a little room with a water equipment that needs yearly inspecting. They need access to that. The hallway right in front of it has stuff from my dad piled up. So that's a day of moving things around, and throwing boxes out, and making space. Normally I'd just put the hallway stuff in that room, now I can't. I will have to figure out how to do this as well.

The bathroom is going to be a pain to clean. I hate how other people's bathrooms always look modern and nicey and clean. And mine's like: what decade ago did you last clean it.. Even though I keep up. The ceiling is terrible, i need to get rid of the paint that's cracking. The vent is dirty with dust. The ground needs a scrubbing. And there's a dryer that needs to go. I will be busy one or two days in that area.

The toilet room is tiny, but the floor and walls need a scrubbing. There's a ventilation thing in there as well that they're going to inspect and replace. So they will be there for a bit, I can't ignore the bathroom and toilet area. So yeah.. I guess one day the ceilings in both, maybe the walls, another day the floor and tidying up. And then third day the vents in both, and final touches. And then this is just how it will be. As clean or terrible as it is. They're not there to buy the place, so I can just shrug it off I guess.

(I am so ready to move to a more modern thing)

What's then left is one room that they can't access, but I still need to remove from it what I can, and put other stuff in there. Maybe I have to decide to temporarily move things once morning and evening to my storage room or something.

And the other room is a tech room that's kinda dirty. I have ignored it for so long because I've yet to really use it. I just dump old stuff there, and it gets smelly from poor ventilation and whatever. But, they need to check the heater in the back of it. So I have to clean it. Simple as that. There's enough in there I can throw out and move, it's easy to clean. I just have one thing there that's a .. nvm. I will deal with it.

Oh jeesh, at least this fall season the whole apartment will look better than it did this spring season haha. But I hate that I have a deadline. Normally I just pick a thing, and do it until my eyes and back don't like me, and then go do computer things, and pick it up the next day. Now I kind of have to hussle

You made it this far into this post, thank you. The text above here is just me trying to keep my sanity, getting overview, planning mentally when I do what. And I think there's enough I can do in late evening hours or at night, or just when I go downstairs that I can take with me. Without it impacting the scheduled time. So I can try to keep up and not fall behind. I should be able to do this.

<whispers: can I clean with a flamethrower?>

Anyway, what is you November going to look like? haha

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Pacing myself today but got workmen here tomorrow at some point so need to do a lot between now and noon tomorrow.

As far as the rest of November goes, more housework to get ready for end of the months decorating :D

Floris

Staff member
Pacing myself today but got workmen here tomorrow at some point so need to do a lot between now and noon tomorrow.

As far as the rest of November goes, more housework to get ready for end of the months decorating :D

Oh no decorations! I dont have time for that!!

Best of luck with those, and I am knackered for today, pff.. But tonight before midnight I will do one more thing. And if I am up at 3 am I will throw some things out like boxes and what not. Then sleep, and when I wake up I will dive right into the next task. I hope i can find the courage to pick something that will take me a long time, so I can get it off of the list.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I finished work Wednesday for another lockdown, took Thursday as a rest day, and then it was cleaning, kitchen first, and that's mostly done now, just a bit of washing up from last nights dinner, aka the oven dishes! The living room is somewhat done, but still more to go there, mostly things like finding a home for my shoes and sorting out paperwork. Bathroom was done yesterday, even unblocked the drain, not that that will last long. Today the focus is on the bedroom, now I know that won't be done in a day, so the plan is to change the bedding firstly, and try to hang the clothes that are clean and on the bed.

Floris

Staff member
I finished work Wednesday for another lockdown, took Thursday as a rest day, and then it was cleaning, kitchen first, and that's mostly done now, just a bit of washing up from last nights dinner, aka the oven dishes! The living room is somewhat done, but still more to go there, mostly things like finding a home for my shoes and sorting out paperwork. Bathroom was done yesterday, even unblocked the drain, not that that will last long. Today the focus is on the bedroom, now I know that won't be done in a day, so the plan is to change the bedding firstly, and try to hang the clothes that are clean and on the bed.

Yeah, it's basically lockdown period again here too. Which is why I am less excited about having to let these people in my apartment. It's been so long that I had people here. But whatever, at least now they take precautions etc. And I rather do this now than nobody being able to show up when stuff breaks and the country is in a proper lockdown.

Best of luck over there in the UK.

More cleaning today for me though. Kitchen is indeed on the list. And last night at 2am when I was still awake I've inspected the ventilation they will inspect and it's dusty but I can take them off the wall myself. I found my ladder. So that's what I will work on today. This will be easy, so instead of scheduling a day for this I can do this in 30 minutes, rest my back, clean up those areas and then pick another task like the kitchen. Hopefully this way I can still get everything done in time.

Paperwork is a mess for me, that's for 2021. I have bags and bags full of paperwork that needs to get sorted out, but right now nobody is here that needs those papers, so they will remain as they are and I know what's waiting for me in 2021 haha.

Unblocking the drain, oof, my sink in the bathroom won't get rid of water again. Out of nowhere. I have to probably empty it then remove the pipes below and unblock that manually. The methods and cleaning stuff I have, etc. doesn't seem to do the trick.

Nice to hear I am not the only one that can't get a bedroom done in a day. I always feel like others just wave their hand and it's ready after 15 minutes of magic.

Best of luck @Nix with the workmen today. And you as well Joan with your day.

I am about to get started so hopefully I will make progress. See you all in a bit for a small update.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I have a feeling I'm going to have to get stronger for the bath drain, just took a shower and it's so slow to drain and I poured the whole bottle down yesterday and got rid of all the hair that I could.

Floris

Staff member
I have a feeling I'm going to have to get stronger for the bath drain, just took a shower and it's so slow to drain and I poured the whole bottle down yesterday and got rid of all the hair that I could.
The drain things I have is a bottle that is made for this, but it stinks, and the apartment stinks for days. I stopped using it. I can't find something that makes me go: Oh you should use this!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
The drain things I have is a bottle that is made for this, but it stinks, and the apartment stinks for days. I stopped using it. I can't find something that makes me go: Oh you should use this!
Yeah the one I used stunk too, I had the window open all day to air it out, it's fine now, but probably a waste of £3.99 as just removing the hair probably did just as good a job as pouring that stuff down.

Floris

Staff member
Yeah the one I used stunk too, I had the window open all day to air it out, it's fine now, but probably a waste of £3.99 as just removing the hair probably did just as good a job as pouring that stuff down.
Thankfully the people that come here don't come to check the drain, haha. Only if they need to air out the pipes and want to run the water I will be like: That won't drain, so.. have fun. That's a problem for December at this point. Thankfully the shower is fine and the kitchen sink. Two years ago I had a toilet that didn't want to flush properly. That gave me a few scares haha

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I got to do before noon;

landing & hoover
stairs clear and hoover
hallway clear of shoes and rubbish
downstairs loo clean and tidy
then once they here and working I'll do;
living room tidy and rubbish out
kitchen rubbish out and washing up

sigh

Floris

Staff member
I got to do before noon;

landing & hoover
stairs clear and hoover
hallway clear of shoes and rubbish
downstairs loo clean and tidy
then once they here and working I'll do;
living room tidy and rubbish out
kitchen rubbish out and washing up

sigh

Vacuum cleaning, might as well just get it done. It's the noise that does it for me that makes it annoying. If these things were quiet i'd use them a lot more.

Clearing shoes and rubbish seems doable as well. Loo cleaning is a bigger task, inconvenience etc. Sometimes I wish we could just high pressure steam everything without damaging paint etc haha.

Sounds like when that's done it's time for a glass of water, a deep breathe before you get at it again. I wish you the best of luck too! I don't know if would be able to do that before noon. Thumbsup.

Update #1.
First ventilation removed, my back isn't happy. I've cleaned that, so I can strike it off of my list. Now that I know how this works the other one will be a lot easier and can defn. do it today. Just resting eyes now so they stop shaking (yay for nystagmus).

The one in the kitchen is a bigger problem, but a problem I can look at tonight and tomorrow if needed. (I have a voice chat meeting to attend to around dinner time).

Anyway, back to not staring at a monitor for a bit and relaxing my eyes and back, and then back to the toilet room for the 2nd vent system removal, cleaning, vacuuming and then putting it all back clean(er).

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Currently a tea break for me, I've cleared the draining board ready to do the washing up, it's not much so that won't take long, then it's time to start the bedroom, first up the bedding. However tea first!

Floris

Staff member
Currently a tea break for me, I've cleared the draining board ready to do the washing up, it's not much so that won't take long, then it's time to start the bedroom, first up the bedding. However tea first!

Thumbsup!

Enjoy the tea. Great idea, I will boil water while putting stuff in the laundry machine. Might as well do it now since it's little effort.

The 2nd vent was easy to do, just awkward to do. The annoying problem in the kitchen is last, I might make a start today.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Loo done
Hoovering done
Shoes done

Now living room and kitchen :doublefacepalm:

Floris

Staff member
The other day I had nearly 18 to 20 things left for 15 days.
That's now down to 15 things for 14 days. So I am on track.

Time for a tiny break, my back is not having fun with the ladder.

Then the ventilation system in the kitchen, .. I will make start. And I started on doing something and will finish that as well.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I just changed the bedding, can I take a nap in it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.