The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I just changed the bedding, can I take a nap in it now?
Sure, :D

I was thinking the same haha.

Laundry is started, tidied up the bathroom area a bit. And cleaned the kitchen heater since it has splatters on it that I dont know how they get there, I guess from when I put things in the dishwasher. Anyway, scrub scrub, hate myself..

Did other stuff in the kitchen, but felt dizzy and didn't bother standing on a ladder to inspect the ventilation thing in the kitchen.

I've striped through the todo list I have and it feels good seeing progress.

Next for me is to wait for the laundry machine to be done, to feel less dizzy, and then perhaps try the vent thing again, or just put stuff in the dishwasher and throw out one binliner bag that's full.

There's also the old hosting platform that has data on there that i need to move over before the 17th, I want to double check I have all the passwords and everything, so I am going to try and work on that a bit as well before it's suddenly the 15th and I have a problem.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
FUTTING B@*&$*$£S They didn't get the part and didn't call me to cancel. I've just called them to find out where they are and the lady said the job was cancelled due to no parts and she'll call me back to rebook. I called them 3 times now to check it was still on for today!!! NOT a happy bunny. I could have done so much more today rather than just hang around doing little bits here and there....GRRRR:angry:

At least some of my house is done. Just not the bits I wanted to do.

Floris

Staff member
FUTTING B@*&$*$£S They didn't get the part and didn't call me to cancel. I've just called them to find out where they are and the lady said the job was cancelled due to no parts and she'll call me back to rebook. I called them 3 times now to check it was still on for today!!! NOT a happy bunny. I could have done so much more today rather than just hang around doing little bits here and there....GRRRR:angry:

At least some of my house is done. Just not the bits I wanted to do.
Ugh, that's super annoying, and unprofessional. I hate having to wait all day which feels like forever, and working ya butt off to get stuff sorted - and then they just dont show up or anything. I feel the pain!

Final update for today. Laundry is all done. Didn't get to do the dishes, that will be later tonight.
And other stuff I've sorta finished. I've gone to the postal thing to drop off the old hardware that has to get returned to the ISP.

Done for today, I have to relax, eat, do other things. See you all tomorrow. Nixxy! I am sorry to hear they ruined ya day. Don't let it ruin your evening though, do something nice.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
OK so today I want to achieve something BIG!!! My bedroom haha. I have bags of clothes everywhere (clean I may add) and Christmas presents everywhere too. I need to wade my way into my room and get this all sorted today. Clothes away (mine and Abbs) and presents organised and some stashed away and some ready for posting. Like I said it's a big job but it needs doing!

Floris

Staff member
OK so today I want to achieve something BIG!!! My bedroom haha. I have bags of clothes everywhere (clean I may add) and Christmas presents everywhere too. I need to wade my way into my room and get this all sorted today. Clothes away (mine and Abbs) and presents organised and some stashed away and some ready for posting. Like I said it's a big job but it needs doing!

I wonder wondering what to start with, and bedroom is on my list as well. You've picked for me. I have 3 things that need to get done. I can't promise I will make progress. My body is not happy with me today. But I will start and report back later.

I need to clean it, there's dust, spider webs, etc. There's some tidying up that needs to get done. Clothes on a chair, extra mattress still there, and the bed isn't in the original position anymore. Also have to make room to get to the heater there, and clean the heater and the wood/window there.

Welp, coffee has been entered into the body, time to get started I guess.

You best of luck as well Nix!

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Yep bedroom is today's job for me too, mostly dusting and sorting out the clothes.

Floris

Staff member
Yep bedroom is today's job for me too, mostly dusting and sorting out the clothes.

Haha, awesome! I made a tiny bit of progress, most of the crap is off of the floor now. I just have to nitpick things the hoover won't get and then vacuum the floor, mop it, move things around, and find a temporary new spot for the mattress i need to move downstairs tonight to the trash area.

Floris

Staff member
Update!

My poor heart, it's struggling haha.

Okay, the room where the water equipment is and the pipes etc. That's tidied up, dusted, hoovered the floor. Moved things into a closet to make space. Phew! That's done. Striking it off of my todo list.

The bedroom is done for a third, right now I am taking clothes out of a closet, folding it properly, and wiping down the planks. Then putting them in the bottom. And that creates room for the clothes on the chairs that I can fold and put in the top (so i know where to find it).

The bedroom had an old extra mattress that needs to go, I can't hold it up, it will kill me. So I got this thin wire that i tripple wrapped around it after folding the mattress twice. I put a huge stretchy belt around the end that i can hold. So Now I can drag it later today to the elevator, it will now fit haha, and then to the trash container. And I probably have to report so they pick it up since it's not regular trash.

Progress, because no clothes and no mattress means I can move things out of the bedroom, opening space to the floor and clean that. Then I can move the bed back into the spot i want, and then clean the other side.

if I have time today for the heater in the bedroom and the curtains etc, i dont know. we will see. My back is already complaining, and i still need my back for another couple of weeks haha.

Oh, I should have breakfast, just coffee isn's breakf.. wait it is 1:30pm, I might as well call it lunch.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member

OK so presents organised and put away in to relevant places. My clothes are away. Abbs in her room waiting. Rubbish everywhere on landing now as mini clear out and packaging from presents. Sigh, still got to make bed but I'll do that later.

Floris

Staff member
OK so presents organised and put away in to relevant places. My clothes are away. Abbs in her room waiting. Rubbish everywhere on landing now as mini clear out and packaging from presents. Sigh, still got to make bed but I'll do that later.

Make it when you wake up in it :D

Floris

Staff member
Update!

And the last one for today, i promise :D

I have made progress, and I had scheduled 3 days for the bedroom but I have done about 50% today, so tonight I can tidy up a bit and then finish the bedroom tomorrow hopefully.

I have new laundry, new dishes, so I will try to do that the rest of the evening. And tomorrow I have things to put downstairs, some boxes and crap. So I can do that in between, because I have like 5 deliveries. Each time I go downstairs I can take something with me.

Hopefully my eyes and back work with me a bit, and I have enough time to start on the toilet-room or bathroom.

Today the 'extra' thing I've done was the water-equipment room that they come for. So that's 25% of the whole thing sorted.

13 days left now and 13 things on the todo list left. So I am down to 1:1 and that's okay. Caught up, didn't fall behind. It's up to me to keep get ahead of it so I have time to take a day off and just lie in bed. haha

Thank you all for reading this and replying, it is motivation for me to do a bit more than I can handle and not get depressed or something.

Paprikaatje

OMG Member
I have glanced over this thread and I have to admit, it sounds like I should join in. I've started to lay down in bed and napped watching Netflix on my TV. Now that I am up again I am going to clean my kitchen, bedroom, and hopefully do some laundry.

Thanks Nix, Joan, and Floris for the motivation!

Floris

Staff member
I have glanced over this thread and I have to admit, it sounds like I should join in. I've started to lay down in bed and napped watching Netflix on my TV. Now that I am up again I am going to clean my kitchen, bedroom, and hopefully do some laundry.

Thanks Nix, Joan, and Floris for the motivation!
Everybody is free to join in, haha, sorry for the long thread ;) Have fun tidying up and you will feel better once you're done. It doesn't feel like it now, but then I walk back into the clean bedroom and I am like ' yeah that was worth it'

Floris

Staff member
Woke up at 6 or 7 am, I don't quite remember. I've done the maintenance on the website and Minecraft that needed to get done. So now I am 'free' to do the offline todo list and to wait for parcels to show up. I just had a nice shower, but I am exhausted. I should go back to bed. The muscles on my sides aren't happy, they've been pulling my back for a few weeks now and are starting to complain. Feeling motivated to do something at the moment is a bit tough. But, I will have some tea, I will have some breakfast, and I will calm down, and do the little things that need to get done anyway. And depending on how I feel I will be able to do he bigger tasks. Progress has to be made. Yeah, I am defn. going to spend December in bed.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I have Abbs room to tackle today along with the rubbish I created yesterday. Wish me luck, looks like a bomb went off in her room lol!

Floris

Staff member
I have Abbs room to tackle today along with the rubbish I created yesterday. Wish me luck, looks like a bomb went off in her room lol!
Best of luck! Any word yet on those guys with that missing part? Is there a new appointment yet.

I feel rather dizzy, it doesn't seem to go away. So took paracetamol, and my vitamin pill and just hanging out for 30 minutes before I go get really busy.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Best of luck! Any word yet on those guys with that missing part? Is there a new appointment yet.

No word on the workmen yet :(

Abbs room's list of crap to do...

Rubbish out, recycling and rubbish
Clothes, away and in wash bin
Make bed and change bedding
Plates etc downstairs to clean
Floor to clear ready for hoovering tomorrow

Landing
Rubbish to throw out
Recyling to break down and get out

Then I might have to stop probably due to back

Floris

Staff member
No word on the workmen yet :(

Abbs room's list of crap to do...

Rubbish out, recycling and rubbish
Clothes, away and in wash bin
Make bed and change bedding
Plates etc downstairs to clean
Floor to clear ready for hoovering tomorrow

Landing
Rubbish to throw out
Recycling to break down and get out

Then I might have to stop probably due to back

I will deal with recycling another day, but I do have some trash to throw out. And boxes, when the deliveries show up I will take something with me downstairs, so I don't have to go up/down 8 floors a million times today.

I still feel fragile. Blargh. Guess it's my body telling me it's time to chill a bit. And so I will. No use passing out trying to catch up.

However, I will do laundry, I showered, I will do dishes, and I will try to keep things tidy and clean that are already clean and tidy.

When I feel okay I will pick up a task to do.

My company that provides water/heater stuff has informed me we can get a smart meter, so I can get an update. For 70 bucks I can get priority service, instead of waiting last minute. Since nothing has changed here in a decade I emailed them with a picture of how it looks, and the request for some info. And informed them for a one time fee of 70 I don't mind if that gets sorted. So that's done too. A good thing I just cleaned that little storage room haha.

Airing out the apartment to get some fresh air while the sun is nice and warm (but air is crisp)

Empty plastic bottles are collected, put in a bag, and ready to be delivered at the grocery store for some cash. Which I will use to buy fresh bread with. Maybe tonight, we will see. I might just go to bed as soon as I have all the deliveries for some extra shut eye.

Best of luck Paprikaatje, Join and Nix today with whatever is on your todo list.

Floris

Staff member
Update!

I've been able to do little things, that all hopefully lead to bigger things. Moving boxes, making space, throwing something out. Sorting out some paperwork. Vacuum cleaning the hallway that has space now. It's not 100% done in the bedroom and hallway, but it's about 65% in both. So, yay. Progress.

I've just done some follow ups on email, bills, and postal mail that came in. So I don't have to add it to my todo list.

And 2 of the 9 products have arrived now. Just waiting for the rest.

Time for a sandwich and then finish hoovering the hallway.

See you all tomorrow.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I didn't get much done today as my back died. Did pick up rubbish and sort out. Measured up and ordered Abbs new curtains. Bought plates etc downstairs to wash up! That's about it for today... now to sort dinner out.

Floris

Staff member
I didn't get much done today as my back died. Did pick up rubbish and sort out. Measured up and ordered Abbs new curtains. Bought plates etc downstairs to wash up! That's about it for today... now to sort dinner out.
You did stuff! So don't beat yourself up too much :)
I hope some of this is motivating to you from this thread, and i know when i see you all post that i run out of excuses and get up and go do something. So thanks for the support by participating :)

Floris

Staff member
I slept better than the other day, woke up better, so yah I am back at it. I hate it. haha.

I've been putting extra strong toilet bowl cleaning gel in the shower area on the tiles on the floor and let it sit for 15 minutes, then scrubbed the best I could before I felt I could faint geesh. Then I let that be for a second, and caught my breath. Then I got extra hot water and rinsed it all. And tried to clean the clog/pit whatever that thing is called (drain?).

Far from finished, but I made a start, and it's now 9 am. Time to rest my brain, back, and heart. So I survive the day.

I will clean myself up and go to the store to buy a few things and then I will be back at it again.

Today it's about finishing the hallway, finishing the bedroom, make a start in the bathroom. And hopefully get around to throwing things out that can go.

What I've learned today: I got reminded I am 194cm tall, heavy, and have bad knees. Scrubbing the bathroom floor is not a hobby i want. I clean it, but not this detailed, and I remember why. haha.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Scrub scrub scrub, yep.. I am so done with this already. But I made some progress. I checked the grocery store to see if they would deliver this week. Because with covid it's like 2 weeks delay now for home delivery. And to my surprise they have a spot today between 2 and 4. Heck yeh.. Ordered my food right away, and ordered the cleaning stuff I need. Done!

I can take a breather now. I took some meds, vitamin pill, and I cleaned my hands properly. I've had a drink, and sitting down to rest my back now. Might even lie down for 15 minutes.

But then it's back to the hallway and the bedroom, I will go check what else I can do there until 2. Spread over the day. Any progress is good progress I guess.

The ceiling of the bathroom will have to wait, tonight I will go take off the bigger stuff that is already lose and a problem. And then tomorrow I will nitpick.

Found rust in the heater in the bathroom, I will have to figure out with those guys that are coming if that's something they can fix, if I have to contact the renter, or if that's going to be a cost that's on me. Meh, oh well.

One thing I keep getting reminded of is how bad my eye sight is. I am doing 50% by feel, and I can't properly see if what I am cleaning actually is clean. I have to systematically go from square to square to square ya know. Really tedious and energy consuming. Once the apartment is in 'good enough shape', I think it's time to perhaps discuss with my sister and my mom how they afford the maid, and have someone come over once a month to detail a room. I dunno.. how am i ever going to afford that. lol. Maybe I can cancel netflix or something.

Floris

Staff member
Last update for today!

Tonight I will bring downstairs some more boxes that I have now collected. I have some stuff like empty bottles etc that I need to get rid off as well. I've 'quickly cleaned' the bathroom one more time, but nothing more I can do until I get today's cleaning stuff, and I will use that after dinner tonight.

Tomorrow I have to seriously continue with the bathroom. And I have to do the final touches to the bedroom.

The hallway is like 90% done now and my living room area is slowly collecting things that I need to temporary move out of the way so I have to tidy that up tonight as well.

Dishes are done, laundry is done. Just have to put new dishes in the washing machine and manually do some pots and pans from last night.

My back is not happy again, that's clear haha. But not really dizzy thankfully.

I've learned a bit about the responsibilities of maintenance in my apartment, and what my renter is responsible for. Hopefully a todo list for 2021 will start to take shape and I can continue this extra stuff early 2021 and make a first step towards getting my apartment back into shape. I am an adult, I can do this!

Groceries will soon be delivered thankfully, but there's no need to come back today with another update.

Hopefully tomorrow I can finalize some items from this week's todo list and feel like I am finally making progress.

Other todo items like some Minecraft event preparations have been completed, and I've moved over the last bit of data and terminated the old host. So that's less weight on my shoulder. Digital cleaning up :D

All those 9 products I ordered have been delivered and I've visited my mom last night to give them to her. The bill is on its way to the accountant. And that's another thing off of my todo list.

Tomorrow I think someone might show up to replace a cable. I will let them review the setup and possibly make changes. And that area is tidy and clean now (it was, but i dusted and hoovered, and tidied)

The next appointment is 24th, I have until then to finish these rooms that they need access to (a lot of stuff is in front of the heaters and my rooms are ugly)

So that gives me 11 days, and I have 12 things left on my todo list. However, 3 of them are like 50 to 75% done. So I should be able to catch up tomorrow.

Alright, my rambling ranting brain is empty, sorry for bothering you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.