The boring thread of: I need to get healthier

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Stepped on the scales, lost 0.2lb! Which is actually better than I thought as had 2 days this week of not doing anything and just eating snacks. I need to up the exercise though, get back to at least aiming for 5km a day.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Need to get back to it. Ate so much junk food over Christmas.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Today I haven't been on my bike for a week. :(

Floris

Staff member
I have to pick up stuff at a store tomorrow, so I shall have to dust off the bike.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Done my longest time on the treadmill today lol... not long but I'm building up slowly.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've been trying to look more at what I'm eating, it's not going particularly well! The doughnuts are just too tempting when it's 55p for 5!

• Wow
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
I've been trying to look more at what I'm eating, it's not going particularly well! The doughnuts are just too tempting when it's 55p for 5!
Looking is a good step, next is small changes, and trying to make it a habbit. You can do it

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Lunches are the best place I can make changes, I usually do things like mini sausage rolls or mini spring rolls, as I try to avoid having bread for breakfast and lunch. So need to think of other options.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I switched to real butter, and maybe they're a bit small than tubs of the butter spreads, but I seem to be going through it a lot quicker.

I'm trying to go back to real foods, simple ingredients, type of thing.

Going to attempt to make my own rhubarb chutney as well, as got loads of rhubarb at the moment.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Had a cooking couple of days, rhubarb chutney, banana bread and brownies. That should hopefully keep me going in sweet treats for the rest of the month.
I do still have some rhubarb to use up, but I might just freeze it, or see if there's any fruit on the zero waste stall that I can mix it with to make some fruit leathers.

I want to mix up my own dried couscous packs at some point, so they'll be ready for quick work meals.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Back on the diet in May, must make a massive effort to loose 3 stone by end of year at least.