The boring thread of: I need to get healthier

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
We managed 24 lengths so I added 0.6km to the challenge, and I'll get back onto the climber today as well

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
My friend is going to take me to a popular walking/jogging etc route and guna try and get moving more often. I need to get so much fitter before going away next year.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My friend is going to take me to a popular walking/jogging etc route and guna try and get moving more often. I need to get so much fitter before going away next year.
If you can get to a swimming pool I think that would be better, as less pressure on your knees. Sadly not free like a walk, but you might be able to get it discounted.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm doing well on my walking challenge, got 58.7km left to go, so I used the birthday discount they gave me and ordered a new one to start next month.
Swimming with mum tomorrow after work, and I made a salad yesterday so will have that for lunches this week.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Down to the last 10km on the walking challenge, and booked swimming tonight.

However I haven't been on the climber in ages, and food is still not under control, but I'm going to start logging it again so hopefully that'll help.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Need to get back into swimming, not gone in a couple of weeks between them not having sessions available and me being too tired.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Need to get back into swimming, not gone in a couple of weeks between them not having sessions available and me being too tired.
I'd swim weekly, maybe even daily, if I had a private pool, where it's just me. I am 100% insecure about how I look, I don't need the thoughts in my head. Maybe one day when I am rich and I can hide a personal trainer.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I'd swim weekly, maybe even daily, if I had a private pool, where it's just me. I am 100% insecure about how I look, I don't need the thoughts in my head. Maybe one day when I am rich and I can hide a personal trainer.
Ditto

Floris

Staff member
I felt better in September so far, than I did in August. Hopefully listening to my body and taking the rest I need helps. And hopefully trying to figure out what is causing some of it is allowing me to make slight changes to keep feeling better. I doubt it, but I can hope.

Further tiny steps to improving moving my body, sleeping better, eating better, are all being taken, small 1% steps at a time.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
The last few weeks haven't been good exercise wise, but I have been meal planning more so that's better. Not always sticking to the plan, but I've only bought lunch once this month which is a big improvement.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Worked out I need to average at 5.7km a day to hit my walking challenge goal. I want to do more today while I'm off to try and reduce for work days.

Floris

Staff member
I had a nice bike ride at 4 am last night, I miss my longer bike rides. Covid cleaned the streets empty in 2020, it was so much more comfortable to ride. It feels so busy now, even at night. I have to make an effort to pick it up again.
Eating healthier depends on the week, stress eating has been a thing, but incidentally. So that's improving, however, I need to get ON IT

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Worked out I need to average at 5.7km a day to hit my walking challenge goal. I want to do more today while I'm off to try and reduce for work days.
Went for a walk, so hit that today, and I'm going to work this afternoon so hoping to hit about 7km by the end of the day.

Floris

Staff member
Instead of dinner, I had a tiny snack, then 2 hours later I went to bed for a nap. I woke up at 2am and made myself a club sandwich for dinner.

Somehow I feel this is healthier than making a big plate of dinner before going to bed.

Anyway, I am slowly trying to change my eating habits a bit to tell my body it can do a lot more with a lot less.
IMG_1153.jpeg

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Just under 40km to go to finish this challenge, however my target end date is in a week! Eeek! It's 5.7km per day on average which is not going to be easy on work days.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Challenge completed! I should finish my next one by Christmas!

Floris

Staff member
Might not post here, but there's not much to share publicly about health issues. So, "working on it", so I can get back on my bike.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Food is a write off this month,takeaways and ready meals galore
Walking is okay, not quite as much as I'd like but still doing some

Floris

Staff member
I have no health issues today or any downsides from the longer bike ride yesterday, which sounds promising.. i think I can get back into this. friday I have to bike through this stormy weather, we will see how that goes. but I feel confident about it now at least.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I need ideas on small food changes I can make to eat healthier. Like I've switched from white bread to brown/wholewheat so small things that over time will have be eating healthier

Floris

Staff member
I need ideas on small food changes I can make to eat healthier. Like I've switched from white bread to brown/wholewheat so small things that over time will have be eating healthier
I've bought those crackers - so those times where I end up having bread for breakfast, I've replaced it with a cracker .. that way I have less "bread" content, and I put less on the cracker than on bread. And I teach my body I am content with smaller portions over time.
1673962009431.png
And instead of having bread with couple slices of cheese, i try to have less cheese, and add slices of cucumber to it. or a slice of tomato (thin) Tiny changes like that add up over time too (it seems).

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm very much a toast for breakfast person, so I need to work on lunches so I don't double up on bread. I have been having sausage rolls for lunch a lot lately which probably isn't any healthier so I have to look into pasta salads, or soups, things that I can reheat on cold days

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I want to start cooking from scratch more, snacks especially. Going to try chickpeas in the airfryer next

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I bought a weighted hula hoop (I know dont laugh!) - I need to set it up and use it
I need to start moving as I'm losing weight now finally