The boring thread of: I need to get healthier

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I bought a weighted hula hoop (I know dont laugh!) - I need to set it up and use it
I need to start moving as I'm losing weight now finally
not laughing! don't worry, i was looking at one as well. let me know if you're happy with yours and the size is right, maybe ill get it as well. you can iMsg me if you prefer.

i FINALLY am at that point I can start working on the daily walk schedule. pfff. took way too long. I'm excited to go go go.

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm struggling to get a balance mentally lately, it's like I can only focus on one thing at a time, and thats not cleaning or exercise, so the flat is a complete mess and I'm not exercising like I would like to be doing. However I am taking care of my seedlings!

Floris

Staff member
I'm struggling to get a balance mentally lately, it's like I can only focus on one thing at a time, and thats not cleaning or exercise, so the flat is a complete mess and I'm not exercising like I would like to be doing. However I am taking care of my seedlings!
Don't worry, you can't do what you can't do. even if it is stuff that needs to get done. Your body is telling you that you need a break, take it! And if you happen to get up and ar in the kitchen, put away some towels, move something to laundry, and call it a day. 30 seconds, 3 minutes, doesn't matter. Eventually you get to progress.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My goal is more to quit the processed food, not everything, cos you know I'm not giving up pringles, but frozen foods mainly.
However I have stopped buying bread, and it's definitely been tough not having toast everyday, but I'm getting there now. I am having cereal for breakfast most days.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
SO me and Abbs need to go on a massive lifestyle change. Expecting a massive bollocking from the DR tomorrow after getting all blood test results back... (he will translate what it all means but I've got a good idea)

Fat free low sugar lean meat here we come!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
SO me and Abbs need to go on a massive lifestyle change. Expecting a massive bollocking from the DR tomorrow after getting all blood test results back... (he will translate what it all means but I've got a good idea)

I really craved bread today, but feel so much less bloated without it, I'd recommend looking at breakfasts without toast, as bread can have quite a bit of sugar

Floris

Staff member
No processed food, I've started on working towards this by making better choices. It's so easy to do, and I learned I wasn't doing too bad, but still! There's clearly room for improvement. And I think it's important enough to do better on this front.

Floris

Staff member

Take us on the journey, and teach me. Because I need this as well. 100% ~

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've got a lot of rhubarb to use up, so everything is going to have rhubarb in! Going to have a cooking day tomorrow and make jam, fruit leathers, popsicles, baking, and who knows what else! Probably won't be all that healthy but will be lots of homemade snacks

Floris

Staff member
In the last few months I've made a better effort to use smaller portions of sugar, and sometimes use real honey instead of sugar, and then halved both, instead of 2 sugars, 1, and instead of honey, less honey. And I've started testing which things I like with no added sweeteners.

So far so good.

Recently I spend a bit of money on re-filling my pantry, and I've tried to pick items that are healthier as well. Hopefully that helps over time too.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I want to eat more whole foods, unprocessed foods, and generally healthier meals. But it's find the energy to clean the kitchen so I can prepare foods.

Floris

Staff member
I want to eat more whole foods, unprocessed foods, and generally healthier meals. But it's find the energy to clean the kitchen so I can prepare foods.
I agree, I try, but after three weeks of working hard on the apartment, deliberate break :D

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Okay, I'm going to open the cookbooks up and find a healthy lunch idea to take to work, hopefully with minimal ingredient buying. I do have to pop to the store as I will need milk tomorrow.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I need to start cooking properly again, and that requires me cleaning the kitchen first. It's a doom cycle.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Started small walks a few times a week. Just trying to move. I'll make it further once I feel I can go further. At the moment baby steps.

Floris

Staff member
Improving one's health can be a challenging and difficult task to undertake, as it requires acceptance and mental fortitude. Despite this, I am making progress, and whenever I falter, I use the next day as an opportunity to pick myself up and start anew - whether it's a new week or month. I am constantly adjusting my goals, making changes, and striving to do better, even though it can be frustrating when progress seems slow. Nonetheless, I know that with time and perseverance, results will eventually become evident.

Alongside physical improvements, fighting stress, reducing anxiety, and working on mental health .. it's a daily struggle, from waking up and being productive, to sleeping better, and using free time to go for a walk or bike ride.

Floris

Staff member
Biking was triple today, because I had an extra bike ride again in the morning, but I was going back and forth between the pickup place today, haha. And I had to get bread at lunch time.

Yesteday I did twice the distance, but slow.

Last week I was on my bike daily for 1,5 km, and sometimes an extra couple km every other day or so.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Ok, back from holiday so now I have a year til my cruise and I must lose weight by then.

I've got a bottle of lemonade to use up, but after that no more fizzy drinks.

I must up the exercise though, so I'm going to try and do walks before work again.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
So I stepped onto the scales again yesterday, ready for the fresh start. Sorta! Baby steps is going to be the way, changing things little by little. I've got another 3 weeks until I do a big food shop again, so I want to plan for it this month. I know lunches are where I eat worst, so that's where I have to really plan. Less chocolate and more protein and fruit.

Right now though, I'm working on cutting down on caffeine and fizzy drinks.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Starting to get used to only 2 cups of tea a day obviously have more if out somewhere and it's offered, like craft group. However I've otherwise just had one cup first thing in the morning and one when I arrive at work. Otherwise I'm drinking herbal tea, water and at the moment lemonade. Once that bottle is used up though I'll not buy more fizzy drinks.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Tea didn't exactly happen, and I'm probably better drinking tea than hot chocolate!

However it food delivery day! So I'm going to try to cook more, use up the freezer foods, and buy less.

I've got apples to use up, so I'm going to make a few different baked goods with then, and freeze for when I need something sweet.

Floris

Staff member
every time i have the time and the motivation to be working on being healthier I get knocked down from health issues, bad eyes, or something else .. sheesh common already

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
So I was talking to a woman today and she might be able to get me a cheap gym membership. I think it's unlikely that she'll be able to, but it's worth a try.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've been looking at reducing ultra processed foods recently, which does mean more cooking and more washing up!
I've still got quite a few processed foods in the freezer, but I didn't buy as much this month, so I can use it up.
I need to do some baking soon, otherwise I'm going to start craving junk food again!
I'm going slowly with it or I know I won't stick to it. So breakfast and bread first, alongside the majority of snacks.
So buying fresh bread, sourdough or ancient grains, instead of sliced processed breads.